Why are threads locked?

If you have feedback about the site or the forum, leave it here

Moderator: moderators

rookie
Graduate

Why are threads locked?

Post by rookie »

Why is the thread regarding Felipe Contemponi leaving Leinster,locked. My opinion is, the man has given a hell of of lot to Irish rugby, and Leinster rugby in particular. Good luck to him, and I hope he has a great future in France. But that's just my opinion. If there are other people who have different opinions on this topic, they should be allow to voice them.

The moderators on this forum, should realise that is what they are, just moderators. not dictators. I have recently received a slap on the knuckles email, for saying someone's comment was idiotic. Then I got " Edited by Mod".

I like to discuss rugby on a lot of different forums, and I have to say this is most censored forum.

Seems to me, that if a substantial amount of posts, don't sit in the realm of the moderators opinion, then its blanked.
This is the kind of stuff that goes on in North Korea and China.

Maybe I'm a bit naive, when it comes to forum ethics, but the Khmer Rouge that "moderates" this forum needs to lighten up a small bit.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Why are threads locked?

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Mods???
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

What a f%~king ridiculous thread.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Danthefan wrote:What a f%~king ridiculous thread.
Lock it!!! :wink:
A proud Winsome Fluter
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

rookie wrote:Why is the thread regarding Felipe Contemponi leaving Leinster,locked. My opinion is, the man has given a hell of of lot to Irish rugby, and Leinster rugby in particular. Good luck to him, and I hope he has a great future in France. But that's just my opinion. If there are other people who have different opinions on this topic, they should be allow to voice them.

The moderators on this forum, should realise that is what they are, just moderators. not dictators. I have recently received a slap on the knuckles email, for saying someone's comment was idiotic. Then I got " Edited by Mod".

I like to discuss rugby on a lot of different forums, and I have to say this is most censored forum.

Seems to me, that if a substantial amount of posts, don't sit in the realm of the moderators opinion, then its blanked.

Maybe I'm a bit naive, when it comes to forum ethics, but the Khmer Rouge that "moderates" this forum needs to lighten up a small bit.
A bit of that goes on all right, rookie. It's probably a bit heavily moderated. But a year or two ago the sh!t-stirring was unbearable. Nearly the end of the forum as we know it. Something had to be done to settle things down and that's how come a fair bit fo stuff gets locked - rightly or wrongly.

A lot of the players check this site out, as do their friends and families and the branch. I never believed it until I had it confirmed to me by a few. So, given it's supposed to be a Leinster fans site, threads that heavily slag off individual players are probably not representative of the majority of people who post here. Criticising a player is fair game but it's debatable whether there's a place for personal stuff.
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

rookie wrote:Why is the thread regarding Felipe Contemponi leaving Leinster,locked. My opinion is, the man has given a hell of of lot to Irish rugby, and Leinster rugby in particular. Good luck to him, and I hope he has a great future in France. But that's just my opinion. If there are other people who have different opinions on this topic, they should be allow to voice them.

Theres another thread with regards to dr.phil leaving - the one that was locked was just looking to get a rise out of people. It was unneccesary.
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
Disquieting Presence
Bookworm

Post by Disquieting Presence »

I've only just posted today for the first time but I have been reading the site for a long time. I think the MODs do a great job, especially stopping trolls and wummers etc. Keep it up. :)
rookie
Graduate

Post by rookie »

A bit of that goes on all right, rookie. It's probably a bit heavily moderated. But a year or two ago the sh!t-stirring was unbearable. Nearly the end of the forum as we know it. Something had to be done to settle things down and that's how come a fair bit fo stuff gets locked - rightly or wrongly.

A lot of the players check this site out, as do their friends and families and the branch. I never believed it until I had it confirmed to me by a few. So, given it's supposed to be a Leinster fans site, threads that heavily slag off individual players are probably not representative of the majority of people who post here. Criticising a player is fair game but it's debatable whether there's a place for personal stuff.
Thanks for that jezzer. I didnt realise it had got that bad.
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

jezzer wrote: A lot of the players check this site out, as do their friends and families and the branch. I never believed it until I had it confirmed to me by a few.
:shock:
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Danthefan wrote:
jezzer wrote: A lot of the players check this site out, as do their friends and families and the branch. I never believed it until I had it confirmed to me by a few.
Does that surprise you?
Disquieting Presence
Bookworm

Post by Disquieting Presence »

jezzer wrote:
Danthefan wrote:
Does that surprise you?
This site has become the 'Rate My Teacher' of the Rugby world.
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

jezzer wrote:
Danthefan wrote:
Does that surprise you?
Very surprised players read this forum, yes.
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

[/quote]

This site has become the 'Rate My Teacher' of the Rugby world.[/quote]

I think the MODs are trying to stop it becoming the "Rate my Solicitor" of the rugby world
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
rookie
Graduate

Post by rookie »

Does that surprise you?
I'm relatively new to this forum lark. I knew a bit of bragging and taking the p**s went on. I didn't know it got personal and insulting. Maybe naive of me to think i didn't. Most of what i have read on this forum, isn't offensive.