iPhone App

If you have feedback about the site or the forum, leave it here

Moderator: moderators

future international
Enlightened

iPhone App

Post by future international »

There are clearly some very gifted tech people on this forum and also judging from he response to the thread on new iphone firmware quite a number of iphone users

So would anyone be able to create a leinsterfans iphone app,as scrolling through he site in safari on the iphone can be tedious it would be great to have an iphone app which could streamline things

The supporters club or developer could charge for the app as a way of raising money for the supporters club or a charity or just for themselves
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Re: iPhone App

Post by tackle-bag »

Great idea. I would definitely buy that. Posting on this forum using regular iPhone safari is a trek and a half!
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

tackle-bag wrote: Posting on this forum using regular iPhone safari is a trek and a half!
Try moderating on one :( :lol:
Summer is ready when you are

Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Has anyone downloaded the iPhone SDK 3.0 yet?
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
kavs43
Beginner

Post by kavs43 »

An app on the iphone and itouch would be great !!! would make it easier than having to use safari to come onto this site while on your iphone.
I'll think you'll find pal thats legal tender
Leinster_Lily
Learner

Post by Leinster_Lily »

I would imagine it would be easier to write a web interface for safari on the iPhone. Websites like gmail have iPhone specific web interfaces. Perhaps someone has already done this for the template used to create this site.
slum
Mullet

Post by slum »

This already exists and is free!

http://www.messageforums.net/iphoneforumreader.php

If the mods add a script found there to the forum then iPhone users can download a free version of TouchBB from the app store.

There are other options out there, but I have experience with none of them. Would love the mods to install this!
"everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
gleesonisgod
Mullet

Post by gleesonisgod »

slum wrote:This already exists and is free!

http://www.messageforums.net/iphoneforumreader.php

If the mods add a script found there to the forum then iPhone users can download a free version of TouchBB from the app store.

There are other options out there, but I have experience with none of them. Would love the mods to install this!
Can/has this been done? Tried using that touch bb thing but to no avail...
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

+1 on an App or an iPhone/Android specific script it would be fantastic.