The intricacies of posting here.

If you have feedback about the site or the forum, leave it here

Moderator: moderators

The intricacies of posting here.

Postby TheThreeJays » August 31st, 2009, 8:00 pm

A long long time ago, lets call it two years; a man, lets call him me, tried to post on this site under a different username. It was a disaster and my computer nearly blew up with the intricacy of it all. I turned to the dark side and started posting on a far more navigable site..please ready yourselves ..munsterfans. I came back under another name to post once or twice and again found it a frustrating experience. I thought 'I'm just looking for a bit of news and sure a few of the Leinster lads post there anyway'. So I worked away like the traitor that I am. However, like a remorseful Kim Philby I came back again- new season and all that, lets see how it goes. I have just tried to post in the Tickets section- three times mind- that I have a difficulty with my new season ticket and would like to be able to give it to somebody for the Dragon's match. I admit it is no HC final ticket but why always the problems mods?
User avatar
TheThreeJays
Beginner
 
Posts: 45
Joined: May 26th, 2008, 7:01 pm

Re: The intricacies of posting here.

Postby ceemec » August 31st, 2009, 8:26 pm

I'd be curious to know what the exact issues were as this message board is very similar to MF in functionality and appearance. If anything, I find it easier to use.

Probably the wrong section for this thread. But that's just another intricacy of posting here. :wink:
User avatar
ceemec
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 6791
Joined: April 23rd, 2006, 7:08 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: The intricacies of posting here.

Postby sarah_lennon » August 31st, 2009, 8:51 pm

Ok 3J, gie us a few more clues.

Were you replying to a thread or starting a new topic?


Moved to Feedback too!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
User avatar
sarah_lennon
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 15361
Joined: April 19th, 2006, 4:14 pm

Re: The intricacies of posting here.

Postby limecat » August 31st, 2009, 9:23 pm

Have you looked here: http://forum.leinsterfans.com/search.php?author_id=2044&sr=posts to see all of your posts?

I've a feeling that one or more could have been moved into another thread by the mods, so that there wouldn't be multiple threads on the same topic.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on twitter.

Image
User avatar
limecat
Lazy totalitarian
 
Posts: 5069
Joined: February 17th, 2005, 11:25 pm
Location: a strangely isolated place

Re: The intricacies of posting here.

Postby TheThreeJays » August 31st, 2009, 10:07 pm

I swear to bod I did not know this was even posted. I wrote it four times and then posted it into the ether. I'm sure its there on your server as the 4 time rantings of a fool! I only found it when I went into previous posts bit of my profile (genius- keep it). I was actually thinking I was weirdly banned cause of my traitorous behaviour :wink:
I promise you this is not a dig at you, the webmaster or anybody of import to this site but I promise you it is not that easy to get around. But I will persevere and become a fully fledged ranter on the right side.
User avatar
TheThreeJays
Beginner
 
Posts: 45
Joined: May 26th, 2008, 7:01 pm

Re: The intricacies of posting here.

Postby Slipper1 » August 31st, 2009, 10:11 pm

One thing I find is that it is much easier to navigate when the settings are set as "leinsterfans" rather than the other board preferences. Just a personal thing.

wait till you get to about 1000 posts, then you will wish you never found the fecking place :D
Get in the f%~king bag.
User avatar
Slipper1
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8858
Joined: January 26th, 2006, 3:13 pm
Location: I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

Re: The intricacies of posting here.

Postby TheThreeJays » August 31st, 2009, 10:19 pm

Touche slipper and may I note you look far more authoritative in your fat controllers outfit :wink:
User avatar
TheThreeJays
Beginner
 
Posts: 45
Joined: May 26th, 2008, 7:01 pm

Re: The intricacies of posting here.

Postby TheThreeJays » August 31st, 2009, 10:35 pm

sarah_lennon wrote:Ok 3J, gie us a few more clues.

Were you replying to a thread or starting a new topic?


Moved to Feedback too!


Replying to a thread- the season ticket 09/10 one. I will admit to having hit save once :oops: but the other times I hit submit and was logged out. Sorry for the hassle lads...I feel the love now though :lol:
User avatar
TheThreeJays
Beginner
 
Posts: 45
Joined: May 26th, 2008, 7:01 pm

Re: The intricacies of posting here.

Postby TheThreeJays » August 31st, 2009, 10:54 pm

Can I make a suggestion though? Well I suppose without the immediate right to reply I should fire ahead. What some of the other forums have is an immediacy to them. Its that rolling ticker on the home page. Unless I am entering this forum arse about face it expects me to start looking around for what interests me. Now my hobby (seriously) is looking for rare maps and trawling various different places for them (I swear if you ever share this outside of the safe place that is the feedback I will be very upset :lol: ). When I'm in work or late of an evening post beverage I'm just looking for a bit of Rugby jaw- the forum bit should open with a most recent posted tickery bit. I should add, for all its worth, the Welcome to Leinster bit is genius and the home page of articles are also very very good.
User avatar
TheThreeJays
Beginner
 
Posts: 45
Joined: May 26th, 2008, 7:01 pm

Re: The intricacies of posting here.

Postby ronk » August 31st, 2009, 10:56 pm

TheThreeJays wrote:Can I make a suggestion though? Well I suppose without the immediate right to reply I should fire ahead. What some of the other forums have is an immediacy to them. Its that rolling ticker on the home page. Unless I am entering this forum arse about face it expects me to start looking around for what interests me. Now my hobby (seriously) is looking for rare maps and trawling various different places for them (I swear if you ever share this outside of the safe place that is the feedback I will be very upset :lol: ). When I'm in work or late of an evening post beverage I'm just looking for a bit of Rugby jaw- the forum bit should open with a most recent posted tickery bit. I should add, for all its worth, the Welcome to Leinster bit is genius and the home page of articles are also very very good.


http://forum.leinsterfans.com/search.php?search_id=newposts

Exactly where it is on many, many other forums.
User avatar
ronk
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8452
Joined: April 9th, 2009, 12:42 am

Re: The intricacies of posting here.

Postby Eve » August 31st, 2009, 11:03 pm

As you can see, they are there - just a matter of finding your way around. Also, I'm sure people develop favourite areas of the board for example Leinster addicts or domestic. Once they're highlighted as having new posts they're worth a look and once you're in them the most recently active thread is at the top of the page. Depends on what you're used to I suppose...... stick around and try it! :D
Summer is ready when you are

Image
User avatar
Eve
Mullet Moderator
 
Posts: 5085
Joined: January 25th, 2006, 1:06 pm

Re: The intricacies of posting here.

Postby TheThreeJays » August 31st, 2009, 11:41 pm

Eve wrote:As you can see, they are there - just a matter of finding your way around. Also, I'm sure people develop favourite areas of the board for example Leinster addicts or domestic. Once they're highlighted as having new posts they're worth a look and once you're in them the most recently active thread is at the top of the page. Depends on what you're used to I suppose...... stick around and try it! :D


Are you saying if I look around I will find that feedback is not a private musing between myself and mods-is that what you are sayi...ah sh1te :lol: When I say old maps I mean bottle tops..hold on thats worse. I obviously keep my eye out for Hornby tra....no its maps... old maps :lol:
User avatar
TheThreeJays
Beginner
 
Posts: 45
Joined: May 26th, 2008, 7:01 pm

Re: The intricacies of posting here.

Postby TheThreeJays » August 31st, 2009, 11:43 pm

ronk wrote:
TheThreeJays wrote:Can I make a suggestion though? Well I suppose without the immediate right to reply I should fire ahead. What some of the other forums have is an immediacy to them. Its that rolling ticker on the home page. Unless I am entering this forum arse about face it expects me to start looking around for what interests me. Now my hobby (seriously) is looking for rare maps and trawling various different places for them (I swear if you ever share this outside of the safe place that is the feedback I will be very upset :lol: ). When I'm in work or late of an evening post beverage I'm just looking for a bit of Rugby jaw- the forum bit should open with a most recent posted tickery bit. I should add, for all its worth, the Welcome to Leinster bit is genius and the home page of articles are also very very good.


http://forum.leinsterfans.com/search.php?search_id=newposts

Exactly where it is on many, many other forums.


Thanks for that- it was really knowing- you should see the movie, its sh1te
User avatar
TheThreeJays
Beginner
 
Posts: 45
Joined: May 26th, 2008, 7:01 pm

Re: The intricacies of posting here.

Postby gfo » September 1st, 2009, 12:56 am

view new posts is the only thing i use really. unless i really want to check out how a thread ended.

personally i think the site is simple as fook to use, actually have more probs with mf.com
still dont know what the save button beside preview does though
User avatar
gfo
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2071
Joined: October 19th, 2008, 7:59 pm
Location: B.A.C.

Re: The intricacies of posting here.

Postby TheThreeJays » September 1st, 2009, 1:16 am

gfo wrote:view new posts is the only thing i use really. unless i really want to check out how a thread ended.

personally i think the site is simple as fook to use, actually have more probs with mf.com
still dont know what the save button beside preview does though

Would you not like a big old tickerdy tape forum front page. I'm not talking about messing with the site- just a good old fashioned 'here's were the most recent posts are at'. I bet if my 'crazy' idea was adopted members or posts would be up by 10% in the first month. And that is a conservative estimate. I would personally promote the new easy access LF...
User avatar
TheThreeJays
Beginner
 
Posts: 45
Joined: May 26th, 2008, 7:01 pm


Return to Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest