speed of posting

If you have feedback about the site or the forum, leave it here

Moderator: moderators

cj
Graduate

speed of posting

Post by cj »

Just wanted to say well done on new site, in particular the forum...it's handy to have the topic/reply posted staight away as opposed to taking hours like it does on the leinster branch's website.
Colm
Mullet

Re: speed of posting

Post by Colm »

cj wrote:Just wanted to say well done on new site, in particular the forum...it's handy to have the topic/reply posted staight away as opposed to taking hours like it does on the leinster branch's website.
That's because Breener has to authorise them before they go up. It's the same on the Munster Site too ... I think the branches don't want insulting stuff going up.
cj
Graduate

new forum

Post by cj »

I understand that Colm but it's still irritating and kills any debate...I've had so many posts edited and changed on the branch's website that I couldn't be bothered posting there any more.
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

Oh I totally agree with ya lad ... I'd prefer if the branch went the same way with forums like limecat is here.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

The worst thing about the Leinster forum is that the active threads don't get bumped to the top. It's ridiculous. I know a guy who works for pTools and he told me that Leinster insisted on that format - I think they wanted to stifle debate to be honest.
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

Duff Paddy wrote:The worst thing about the Leinster forum is that the active threads don't get bumped to the top. It's ridiculous. I know a guy who works for pTools and he told me that Leinster insisted on that format - I think they wanted to stifle debate to be honest.
Totally ... I reckon they're just covering their arse to avoid libelous content
cj
Graduate

branch forum

Post by cj »

Maybe limecat's forum will give them the kick up the arse they need...if people start voting with their feet they'll have to do something! The whole point of a forum is for people to actually express their views, makes no sense that they're chopping and changing what we write to suit their agendas. This new forum is much better in other ways too, eg. letting you know if someone has posted a response. The Branch will have to get their act together!!
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

cj

To be honest I don't think the branch will care. Certainly all their actions seem to be geared towards making the Leinster site as unaccessible as possible. They probably only have one because they have to but after the new messageboard debacle and the fact that you have to log in every bloody 5 minutes (and indeed the fact that you have to log in at all) I'm convinced that they're trying to drive people away from the site.
cj
Graduate

true

Post by cj »

I'm convinced that anyone who posts on the leinster site and starts using this one will never go back to the branch one. As you said, it's inaccessible for so many reasons...I heard about this website because it was mentioned on the leinsterrugby forum, to get more posters here maybe that should be done more?! I also get the impression that the people who have started posting here know their rugby a bit better than the average poster on the other site...