Content.

If you have feedback about the site or the forum, leave it here

Moderator: moderators

CM
Mullet

Content.

Post by CM »

Limecat

Have you explored using the stories off leinsterrugby for this site? It's such a pain checking up over there so if we could have a mirror of sorts it'd be great. Probably not something they'd like though.

Another idea I was thinking of was a review/preview thread. Before every match see if anyone will post a preview on the forum and then put it up on the home page Ditto, post match.. Obviously content can be time consuming if you're the only person doing it so I'm sure there'll be plenty of people wanting to chip in to help you out there.
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

You can also get the rugby news stories fed from BBC Rugby via XML and RSS. It's for FREE too ;)
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

right now, it's just me and i can't write for sh*t :wink:

i was thinking of asking somebody to write p/reviews of games, etc.

then again, the idea of using free xml/rss feeds from the bcc sounds so much handier
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

The key to a fan site it to have an utterly outrageous bias towards your team. The BBC just can facilitate that for us. I think CM idea is a very good one. If a preview/ review isn’t forthcoming slap up the BBC one. The quality of it doesnt have to be Gerry Thornley class, look at Planet Rugby they couldnt write there way out of a paper bag
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

epaddy wrote:The key to a fan site it to have an utterly outrageous bias towards your team. The BBC just can facilitate that for us. I think CM idea is a very good one. If a preview/ review isn’t forthcoming slap up the BBC one. The quality of it doesnt have to be Gerry Thornley class, look at Planet Rugby they couldnt write there way out of a paper bag
Yeah, I'd be willing to write some short stuff if you wanted -

A Leinsterfan's Memoirs From Bath

I'll try to keep it under 25k words!
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Duff Paddy wrote:A Leinsterfan's Memoirs From Bath

scary thought there, a leinster fan that remembers enough of their trip to Bath to write up 25k words :)

If you wanna write something up, I'm sure I can find somewhere on the site to put it
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

limecat wrote:

scary thought there, a leinster fan that remembers enough of their trip to Bath to write up 25k words :)

If you wanna write something up, I'm sure I can find somewhere on the site to put it
We (LM) have a good few photos aswell - and a couple of videos of Fr.Abraham in the Boater, but that might kill your bandwidth.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Duff Paddy wrote:We (LM) have a good few photos aswell - and a couple of videos of Fr.Abraham in the Boater, but that might kill your bandwidth.
there are free places online for hosting either, so there shouldn't be any bandwidth problems for me. it does mean that people will have to put up with ads though :(

If you want to send pic, etc. on, I think that LM should have my email address. I do intend putting a gallery up but my own pictures from Bath are pretty bad http://forum.leinsterfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=57
Crash
Graduate

Post by Crash »

I imagine a review by someone at the game would be best!
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Crash wrote:I imagine a review by someone at the game would be best!
I doubt anyone was actually sober enough at the game to be able to give a decent review of that glorious afternoon. :D
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Duff Paddy wrote:
limecat wrote:

We (LM) have a good few photos aswell - and a couple of videos of Fr.Abraham in the Boater, but that might kill your bandwidth.
Too right it would, do you not remember the size of some of the guts that were exposed during that session! :lol:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

<BLEUGH> I don't think too many guts were exposed in that rendition but a few people seemed determined to strip butt naked in the Saracen's Head the next night. Certain people are very lucky I was too busy trying not to wet my pants laughing - otherwise, several incriminating photos would have been taken. :wink:
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Leinsterman wrote:<BLEUGH> I don't think too many guts were exposed in that rendition but a few people seemed determined to strip butt naked in the Saracen's Head the next night. Certain people are very lucky I was too busy trying not to wet my pants laughing - otherwise, several incriminating photos would have been taken. :wink:
I agree. Mauler's love heart silk boxers literally made the beer come back up through my nose. :lol:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Father Abraham in Sacacens. . . .how come so many people chickened out at the end??

I thought photos were banned. . what goes on tour stays on tour and all that. . .

:lol:
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Dragons v Leinster 18/2/06
Rodney Parade, Newport
Kick-off: 5.30pm
Setanta Sports
In form Leinster Welcome back Irish internationals Denis Hickie, Girvan Dempsey and Reggie Corrigan from the Irish camp and Kieran Lewis, Jamie Heaslip, Ronan McCormack and Brian Blaney from last weeks A international against France. Fresh from the 62-14 demolition of the the Boarder Rivers, Leinster will be high in confidence ahead of their clash with a Dragons squad hit by international call ups and injury.

Ian Gough, Hal Luscombe, Mike Owen and Ceri Sweeney are all involved in the Welsh squad which has been hit with the news of their coach leaving while Gareth Cooper, Gareth Chapman, Luke Charteris, Kevin Morgan and Richard Bryan are all missing through injury.

Even without World stars like Brian O’Driscoll, Gordan D’Arcy, Shane Horgan and Malcom O’Kelly Leinster fans will expect a handsome win at Rodney Parade. An important time in Leinster’s season only 4 points behind Munster in the Celtic League and quarter finalists of the Heineken Cup, silverware is a real possibility.
I did me a preview for the match if you fancy sticking it up LC
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

epaddy wrote:I did me a preview for the match if you fancy sticking it up LC
'tis up :)
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

sheepshagger wrote:Father Abraham in Sacacens. . . .how come so many people chickened out at the end??

I thought photos were banned. . what goes on tour stays on tour and all that. . .

:lol:
The photos are on my laptop as incriminating evidence and blackmail.... :wink:

Also, it was supposed to be Father Abraham and not a poor man's immitation of the Chippendales. For one horrific moment I thought the boxers were coming down...... :shock:
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

People given up on this idea then
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter