Polite Request

If you have feedback about the site or the forum, leave it here

Moderator: moderators

ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Can't agree, Dave, I'd say the term "freeloading w&%ker" is perfectly appropriate.

It doesn't matter what structure is put in place - the begrudgers will still find a way to shitstir. The majority of people seem to appreciate what's been done so far, though - so f%~k the begrudgers. :P
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

CRAZYDAVE wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
TheRugbyDude wrote:
BTW, thanks for all the free beer on the bus ride to Ravenhill, my first and last expedition with the Leinster internet gang!
You won't be missed, you freeloading w&%ker!
Now, Now.... Stone Cold....

Just because he is ungrateful for the exceptional work that others have put in in organising events such as the Ravenhill Rush, is no cause to go calling him names...

We'll just have to accept that because everything was on offer for free, there were a number of freeloaders on board. They were less willing to jump aboard when asked to shell out to go to Musgrave Park.
Actually, a hat was passed around and people were asked to make a voluntary contribution and most people threw in a tenner or so. I know me and my mates did.

As for the 'TheRugbyDude', well if you're familiar with his posts you'll know what an utter f**kwit he is. He only ever posts vicious abuse at various other posters and groups. The he comes on to basically insult everyone who posts on this board by calling us all "internet nerds". The irony is that he had to come onto a internet chat-site to tell us all this is probably beyond him. But I wouldn't say self-awareness is his strong suit.

In fact I'm surprised he's able to type with his knuckles dragging off the ground all the time. Maybe he just grunts at his handler and he interprets for him. :lol:

Who knows, maybe he's not a real person. Maybe he's just an "alter ego" for some other poster with a twisted sense of humour.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

I think it's very sweet that a few of us have our very own stalker.
The guy thinks he has "power" ofver some of us because he knows our names - well the joke's on him because I know exactly who he is, where he's from and what club he plays for. I also know what his old club "mates" think of him and also his current clubmates, one of whom I deal with occasionally in work.
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

"Freeloading w@nker"??? You sound like Norman Tebbitt, Donny - welcome to the dark side!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

combatlogo wrote:"Freeloading w@nker"??? You sound like Norman Tebbitt, Donny - welcome to the dark side!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh no, I don't like it over here on the dark side at all. :?
All the greed and corruption leaves a bad taste. :lol:
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

Donny B. wrote:
CRAZYDAVE wrote:
Donny B. wrote: You won't be missed, you freeloading w&%ker!
Now, Now.... Stone Cold....

Just because he is ungrateful for the exceptional work that others have put in in organising events such as the Ravenhill Rush, is no cause to go calling him names...

We'll just have to accept that because everything was on offer for free, there were a number of freeloaders on board. They were less willing to jump aboard when asked to shell out to go to Musgrave Park.
Actually, a hat was passed around and people were asked to make a voluntary contribution and most people threw in a tenner or so. I know me and my mates did.

As for the 'TheRugbyDude', well if you're familiar with his posts you'll know what an utter f**kwit he is. He only ever posts vicious abuse at various other posters and groups. The he comes on to basically insult everyone who posts on this board by calling us all "internet nerds". The irony is that he had to come onto a internet chat-site to tell us all this is probably beyond him. But I wouldn't say self-awareness is his strong suit.

In fact I'm surprised he's able to type with his knuckles dragging off the ground all the time. Maybe he just grunts at his handler and he interprets for him. :lol:

Who knows, maybe he's not a real person. Maybe he's just an "alter ego" for some other poster with a twisted sense of humour.
Agreed. I also gladly and voluntarily contributed to the hat, but it's not clear if all did, or did to the same level.

As for TRD, as far as I am aware he is orating from some orifice loacted in the lower rear of his abdomen. All he's missing is a "U", to add weight to my argument :lol: :lol: :lol: .

We all love our shitfights, but at the end of the day, just as in rugby itself, we can usually retire to the bar and have a pint together. :green clap:
T - 45
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

[quote="CRAZYDAVE"][Agreed. I also gladly and voluntarily contributed to the hat, but it's not clear if all did, or did to the same level.

[quote]

You sure about that Dave? I could have sworn you were passed out down the back of the bus on the way back!!! :lol: :wink:
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

combatlogo wrote:
CRAZYDAVE wrote:[Agreed. I also gladly and voluntarily contributed to the hat, but it's not clear if all did, or did to the same level.

You sure about that Dave? I could have sworn you were passed out down the back of the bus on the way back!!! :lol: :wink:
That was another person who downed a bottle of Buckfast (amongst other concoctions) :roll: :roll: :roll: No names... No packdrill... What goes on tour etc ....... :wink:
T - 45
TheRugbyDude
Bookworm

Post by TheRugbyDude »

Yeah i did notice that the drinking ability of you internet lot was pretty pathetic, i could handle more than that aged 15! Thankfully me and my buddies managed to uphold the reputation of Leinster supporters by drinking shitloads of your free beers ( we were not fooled into paying that voluntary contribution, unlike you gullible people ).

As for Leinsterman, my own personal stalker, you dont know as much about me as you seem to think. Harp No.1 indeed!
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

I know what you mean RugbyDude, I hate people who have arguments on the internet, and slag people off along immature lines like 'your alcohol tolerance is less than mine' and 'I didn't pay the voluntary contribution and you did'.

That would be so pathetic and nerdy if anyone did that.

I love the way you don't see the irony of your own posts.
fungalboy
Graduate

Post by fungalboy »

Apologies in advance if anybody in offended in any way, shape or form (I can't think why but I'd better cover myself just incase).

Just wasted the best part of an hour reading this cr@p. I should bite my tongue but can't.

I'd like to believe that most of what people took offence at has it's origins in the fact that this is an Internet based debate and not one over a couple of pints in the HSH or elsewhere. But no matter what the situation in life there will be differing opinions and some people will always take umbrage at the perceived slight of people not agreeing 100% with their point of view. Get over yourselves, seriously.

For what it's worth my views are;

- The site has become a bit "samey" and I've found myself posting less and less. That could be because familiarity breeds contempt or because there has been a mass exodus to PR. (Not really sure that is the case). If i Didn't want to be here I wouldn't be here, same for everybody else.
- I would like to see more genuine rugby debates but see that there is a place for other stuff and I generally avoid all the stuff in General Chat.
- People can take the efforts that people have made to get social events up and running as confirmation that we are too "Cliquey" or as proof that the one thing we lacked (a Leinster supporters rugby community of sorts) is now starting to seed. I don't care what people think but I hope they continue and I'll pick and choose which ones I want to get involved with/attend.
- Criticising peoples efforts is easy, getting up off your laptop and doing something constructive yourself is not. Fair play to those who do but don't give the knockers a stick to beat you with by pointing it out all the time.
- If you are not involved and want to be, there is plenty of ways to do it. Don't wait around to be asked, make a suggestion and see if you can get people behind it. I've found most Leinster supporters to be supportive, surprisingly.
- Personal attacks on people's personality/mental problems/age/job are schoolyard stuff. Responding to them is also schoolyard stuff.
- Diversity is a beautiful thing. Just remember you can ignore people as well if it turns ugly once in a while. (God that sounds cheesy :oops: ).
- Perhaps a way to stop all their nonsense would be a life ban for all those who reach 1000 posts in a year. Clearly you are spending too much time on the net.

Anyway I'm not really sure why I posted here but I just felt that perhaps some comments on the thread had merit (FBC, Eve, HP, etc) and deserved a response from less involved posters. Perhaps some of the others who have read these pages and not commented could do the same and we might actually get something constructive out of the whole thing (hope against hope).
"They play a running game, we play a running game..." Sky Sports Two 23/1/06
"There is only one Girve the Swerve..." Sky Sports Two 31/3/06
"What disappointment? We did everything we could do tonight..." Newstalk 106 26/5/06