Polite Request

If you have feedback about the site or the forum, leave it here

Moderator: moderators

Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Harry report the fockin post. I really couldn't give a fock. There's nothing in that post that isn't a true reflection of fact. I've only met Duff once so everything I know about the guy is stuff that he's put up on this forum.

When you spend so much time trying to build something and make it work. Time that you don't have to give. Time that cuts into your family life, social life and work time and all you get back is sh!t and sniping, do you honestly think that's motivating?

No it isn't. Its demoralising. And frankly, I'm just fockin sick of it all.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

Was I banned in my absence? Hadnt realised it. Anyway just here to bump this thread. Its a classic. :lol:
Ignoring Dan the Zulu for months now
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

sewa wrote:Was I banned in my absence? Hadnt realised it. Anyway just here to bump this thread. Its a classic. :lol:
........and they've gone seriously off topic as well. Burn them , burn them!!! :twisted:
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:No need to apologise. It is pretty cringeworthy alright, but an apology isn't warranted.
OK, I really have had it with you.

You're right. Trying to do your best to help people build something is indeed pretty cringeworthy. But fock it, I'll get over it since its coming from a bloke who hasn't posted a constructive suggestion in his life or who thinks he's a spokesman for Irish clubs because he's been playing J4 for a couple of years. Oh and let's not forget his clubman of the year activities. He washes the kits one game in 15.

I see people like you in all walks of life, people who knock and insult and put people down all the time but offer no constructive alternatives.

And since you've decided to take the discussion in this direction.... Couple of other comments.

You are without doubt THE most arrogant poster I have ever encountered. I mean where on earth do you get off giving sh!t to people because they have the cheek to actually disagree with your view? Insisting that people have no right to comment on subjects you deem that you own? Complaining that people are leaving in droves because posters have the bare faced cheek to even offer and opinion on school or club rugby? By the way, there's fock all evidence for this - quite the opposite.

And the comment on cliques is just fockin hillarious coming from you. I've seen you and some of your mates round on people and rip them appart on this and other fora - not just on their opinions but on them as people. I know of at least two examples where you have left individuals in tears because you are trying to get some sick kick out of getting a reaction.

Are you proud of that?

You're a stand up guy Duff, your parents must be very proud.
Nice work Flash - a completely psychotic personal attack on my character, my rugby, my friends and my parents -all because I said that your post about the sacrifice involved in organising a tag rugby team was cringeworthy.

Reading your post again - it is actually quite scary to be honest. It seems like you've just decided to go into a frenzied rant - most of it is so wide of the mark, I don't know whether you're taking the piss or if you actually believe this stuff - if it's the latter, seek professional help.

That is not a normal reaction and I think it's clear that you have issues with me - I am acutely aware that you have been involved in virtually every shitfight/flounce since this forum began so maybe it's not such a surprise - but you won't bully me off this forum with nasty temper tanrums and libelous posts. Especially liked the bit about my parents by the way - you're a class act Flash.. In many ways, you've just shown how far this forum has sunk when you can post stuff like that and get away with it.

I see you've edited your other post to - I take that it was equally vitriolic?
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

Duff, lose the persecution complex, it really doesn't suit you. :roll:

I'd try to lay off the amateur psychological analysis too.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Combaglogo - :roll: indeed. If it were a persecution complex then I doubt there'd have been quite the same reaction by other posters to the abusive posts. Or are you just trying to get in a sly dig at me cause you're mates with Flash? Either way, odd that you'd feel the need to get involved, and quite irrelevant in any case.
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

If I were trying to get in a dig at you, it wouldn't be sly.

I'm sure Flash can fight his own corner. I know him to have a quick word with (and cadge free beer from) but wouldn't describe us as best mates - the fact that you posit us as being mates as a reason for my posting would tend to support the persecution complex.

Do you think it "odd" for Harry to get involved, asking for the post to be deleted? Are his postings "quite irrelevant"?

The reason I'm posting this is that you post a sneering, dismissive comment aimed at someone who with the exception of Robbie, does a hell of a lot more than any other punter among the Leinster supporter base. What have you done, apart from get your panties in a twist anytime anyone on here suggests that the schools/club structure in Irish rugby might not be the best thing since sliced bread? Do you think you're the only one on here who participates in club/school rugby?

The fact that you accuse this site of being reminiscent of 1930's Germany is hilarious - you're the one who can's seem to tolerate any criticism of schools/club structures and I can't seem to recall Eve or Limecat taking a strong stance on either so it seems you just can't accept a contrary opinion as being anyway legitimate.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

combatlogo wrote:Do you think it "odd" for Harry to get involved, asking for the post to be deleted? Are his postings "quite irrelevant"?
I see your point but Harry addressed Flash's post in a logical fashion whereas you just jumped on the thread with a sly comment directed at me "lose the persecution complex" - come on now CL, who are you kidding.

combatlogo wrote:The reason I'm posting this is that you post a sneering, dismissive comment aimed at someone who with the exception of Robbie, does a hell of a lot more than any other punter among the Leinster supporter base.
Like the sneering dismissive comment you just posted?

combatlogo wrote:What have you done,
What on earth does this have to do with the price of fish? Is it a competition to see who does more for Leinster? What a ridiculous concept. I organise tag teams every year, and have done for the past 4 years - I had 3 teams one year that I organised - maybe I should post up the details and that would satisfy you? How utterly utterly bizarre.
combatlogo wrote:apart from get your panties in a twist anytime anyone on here suggests that the schools/club structure in Irish rugby might not be the best thing since sliced bread? Do you think you're the only one on here who participates in club/school rugby?
This is just purile nonsense.

combatlogo wrote:The fact that you accuse this site of being reminiscent of 1930's Germany is hilarious - you're the one who can's seem to tolerate any criticism of schools/club structures and I can't seem to recall Eve or Limecat taking a strong stance on either so it seems you just can't accept a contrary opinion as being anyway legitimate.
There is a difference between debating an issue with people and abusing people in a personal nature but I don't expect you to accept this point as you clearly cannot differentiate the two.
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

As a matter of idle curiosity, how old are you and what do you do for a living?
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

combatlogo wrote:As a matter of idle curiosity, how old are you and what do you do for a living?
Logo, you have met duff a couple of times.
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

epaddy wrote:
combatlogo wrote:As a matter of idle curiosity, how old are you and what do you do for a living?
Indeed I have EPaddy but I'm curious as to the background of someone who appears to be so uniformly negative.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

You've met me a few times you big eejit, surely you could hazard a guess at my age and as for the job well that has changed since you last met me but suffice to say it relies on my key interpersonal skills of charm and charisma - I actually still have your business card from the first time I met you combatlogo, complete with mini bio - very Brett Easton Ellis altogether.
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

combatlogo wrote:
epaddy wrote:
Indeed I have EPaddy but I'm curious as to the background of someone who appears to be so uniformly negative.
He is a very depressing b$&%@#d at the best of times I will give you that, but he's a good lad. Plus this place can give a lot to big negative about.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

combatlogo wrote:
...and yet another dig. Getting a bit tedious now really.
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

Duff Paddy wrote:You've met me a few times you big eejit, surely you could hazard a guess at my age and as for the job well that has changed since you last met me but suffice to say it relies on my key interpersonal skills of charm and charisma - I actually still have your business card from the first time I met you combatlogo, complete with mini bio - very Brett Easton Ellis altogether.
I don't know Duff, I'd say the moisturiser etc knocks a few years off.

The cards are fairly catchy alright.
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

Duff, on reflection, above should not have been posted as it would tend to personalise the debate.
Luckycharm
Beginner

Post by Luckycharm »

Don't look in here too often as far too insular for me but this is funny :lol:

Being a leinster supporter I guess 25 years or so I would guess and the last tossers I would listen to for an opinion are mainly the ones that drink in Kielys main bar anyway.

Would be interested on your views on Club rugby etc without Club rugby in this country there would be NO LEINSTER Team. It is struggling at the moment for players etc due to people either been too F*cking lazy to play, work commitments etc.

Being a leinster/Munster fan these days is a bit like being a Chavball Man Utd/Chelsea fan it is a nice bandwagon to jump on. It is great to see the effort being put into building support up for the Team and long may it continue but if you think Leinster can survive without the clubs/grassroots level then more fool you.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Tell you what Duff. You give me a laugh…..actually you give a lot of a people a laugh. Although for some reason, some people get quite upset by you and your mates. In fact they get very upset. You drive some people to tears apparently. Young vulnerable women who post on the internet being a particular speciality apparently.

On my original post on you…to the best of my knowledge all of that stuff is true. Oh hang on, I don't actually know your parents. So maybe the bit about them proud of you isn't true. If so, I apologise for having misrepresented them. :wink: Though I have to say the bit about me attacking your parents was my personal delusional favourite. The rest of the stuff is classic Duff moral outrage. :shock:

Some of it is pure quality.

On the one hand - this site is like 1930's Germany with all the censorship…..on the other hand…..you regret that my post is allowed to stand, it’s a sign of how bad things have got. Hmmmmm…… :?

Then Combat posts something and its….."you're only posting cos you're his mate"….(Combat, in fairness, I bought you more than one beer, I bought 3 kegs……but, as you know, I don't like to brag about what I do :P )….. On the other hand, you and Dr.Phil/ePaddy are so far up each others orses that it’s a wonder Sheepshagger's homophobia hasn't gone off the scale when he's seen you together…. :D

…..and then…..there's the explaining what you're doing at the rugby club is cringeworthy…..but then……"I organised 3 tag teams"…..brilliant.

Oh…..and then, you accuse people of cliques……totally unfounded, but there you go……and then……it occurs to me that you've been running with the same crew on fora for years. Funnily enough, when I stuck that post up late at night the other night, the "hidden members" shot up from 1 to 4 or 5 within minutes. Funny that. How's the old MSN messaging going by the way? There you go.

But then you're never very consistent are you Duff? Remember the trip to Ravers? The one you didn't show up for? (oh by the way, you still owe me the cash for that) - on the one hand it was - "my mate got sick". Oh hang on…..you then told someone else that you got drinking, got hammered drunk and couldn't be orsed showing up…….and then….and this is the best one. You told someone else that you….errr…….didn't want to get on a bus with a bunch of internet nerds. A quality observation from a man with 20.000 posts on PR, a Bebo site and several thousand here. :D

Don't worry Duff, I have no intention of bullying you off anything. I hope you stay. However, I've had a discussion with 3 of my mates. And we've decided that you are not allowed to have an opinion on the following:

1. Leinster new signings
2. Next season's away game against the Ospreys.
3. Reggie Corrigan's jock strap
4. The Arab Israeli conflict
5. The size of Dave Cahill's bum

If you do express an opinion on any of these that deviates from ours we'll all strop off in an hissy fit and stamp our feet. And it'll all be your fault. So there. :P

I guess the moral of the story is something along the lines of, "if you don't want to get it back, don't dish it out." You and your mates have been aggressive, abusive and bullying for too long. You picked the wrong bloke to attempt to humiliate and embarass on a public forum.

PS. Thanks for the advice on the psychological help. My Mum's actually a shrink, so I might get that checked out alright. 8)
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
FatBoyChoice
Graduate

Post by FatBoyChoice »

Apologies in advance for length of post.

There's probably not too much left to say on this but seeing that I forced myself to read 7 pages of posts I'm going to anyway.

As a relatively new member here I would say that I have been annoyed by some things on the site but enjoy many aspects too. As I know very few, if any posters on this site I have no preconceptions and would consider myself pretty unbiased, as such here's what i think:

Con - Cliques: It does exist on here; I don't think anyone can deny that. At the same time its pretty understandable considering most of the members of the "clique" seem to be mates/drink together/attend games/go to away games etc, this happens in society in general, in work etc and is part of life.

Con - Club game: A core of people here do seem to have nothing but distain for club game, they blame their lack of support on the clubs not being able to deal with professional era but in my opinion this is a cop-out. It is the grass roots of the game and I will never agree with or even understand how rugby fans can have such an anti-club stance but I won't lose any sleep over them.

Con - Respect: As a newcomer to site I have been surprised by pretty aggressive and arrogant replies to rather innocuous posts. I hate to single anyone out and I really don't hold any grudge but the last instance involved Combatlogo. I responded to the Virginia tech shooting by saying "they should work on gun control etc.", the response was basically to mock/belittle my view, without ever having met me he assumed I didn't have a clue, that I was ill-informed and was one of those people who got their opinions from Michael Moore (who I cannot stand btw), like I said above, I have no preconceptions on you so I think it'd make newcomers feel more welcome if you did likewise.

Pros: Well there are lots, to mention a few: Great source of unofficial info, hear of new signings and even new sponsors on here long before they became public knowledge, some knowledgeable people/opinions and good rugby discussions, some very entertaining and genuinely funny threads, organising travel to away games (which I hope to take more advantage of next season), sharing of experiences/advice etc.

IMO the pros far outweigh the cons, I appreciate that somebody got up off their arses and set the site up in the first place and that should be applauded. I don’t spend that much time on this or any other forum but overall it has been a positive experience.

I am not trying to kiss anyone’s arse here, its just my opinion. Agree or disagree, well either way I’m not going to lose any sleep.

Sorry for long post, says a lot about Ulster-Cardiff game………
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

Well said FBC