Improving the Site & Forum

If you have feedback about the site or the forum, leave it here

Moderator: moderators

FrankBurke
Mullet

Post by FrankBurke »

When looking at "View posts since last visit" I'm confronted with the topics posted to since last visit and it cna take a bit of trawling through the topics to find the posts which have apeard in the 30 mins (or less!) since the last tiem I visited.
Leinster Believer
Graduate

Post by Leinster Believer »

Would there be sense in having a dedicated Rugby World Cup section instead of in the International as I'm sure there are going to be loads of World Cup related strings.
Woo-ee-oo, I look just like Buddy Holly. / Oh-oh, and you're Mary Tyler Moore. / I don't care what they say about us anyway.
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

Could we have a sticky with the Dates and times for Ireland internationals over the next 12 months or so? I know somebody posted part of this in a thread recently but I can't find it. :oops:
...a beautiful weighted pass...it is 3 on 2...it is 3 on 1...Hickie!...Magnificent!
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Without sounding like 'just lime mf.com' is there a facility for a 'chatroom' (for what is pretty much banter'. . so many threads get overtaken by it) . . it would also save the mods a lot of editing work aswell :idea:
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

ribs wrote:Could we have a sticky with the Dates and times for Ireland internationals over the next 12 months or so? I know somebody posted part of this in a thread recently but I can't find it. :oops:
Just wondering if you have given some thought to this - it would also be something to do for the Leinster matches (including warmups)
...a beautiful weighted pass...it is 3 on 2...it is 3 on 1...Hickie!...Magnificent!
rekolb
Bookworm

Re: Quick Update

Post by rekolb »

limecat wrote:Right...I don't think that I've missed any of the suggestions

* Thread deletion

Point taken. There have been threads deleted without there being WUMming / libel issues. They were generally removed at a particular posters request. So from now on we'll not remove threads where a person has simply made an arse of themselves.

* Hide Avatars / Signatures / Smilies

Over the weekend I'll be installing an add-on to enable avatars and signatures to be hidden. The option will appear under each users profile. (if everything goes to plan). I've not yet been able to find an existing MOD to remove smilies. If I do, I'll consider installing it.

* Splitting of Threads

There have been contradictory suggestions made about thread splitting. The fact is that there are maybe two thread split a week at most. There used to be more split. From now on, when threads are split, we will be putting up a post on the original thread saying why the thread was split and where the "unrelated" conversation has been split to. Hopefully that'll make things easier to follow.

* New Moderators

This is under consideration. It won't be implemented in the very short term as if new moderators are brought on board, I think that we will need to have a well defined set of rules for moderators.

* Ignore Option

This was suggested for particular threads. I don't think that this is an option. I'm not see any existing add-ons for the forum software.

I know that somebody previously (a year or so ago) suggested that a feature to ignore particular users should be considered. I'm still not convinced that this is a good idea.

* Overuse of Stickies

This is something that we'll take on board. I have to admit that I sometimes find the number of stickied posts, particularly in the Leinster Addicts section too much. :oops:

* Chatroom

This is not going to be considered at the moment but may be in the future.

* Delete own posts

This is not going to be implemented.

* AIL / Club Section

Over the Summer, I'll be looking at adding more "club" oriented stuff to the site and this may entail the addition of a Clubs section to the forum...possibly as part of an overhaul of the overall structure of the forum.
Lime-cat , as you can see I'm an irregular poster, but I think some of your responses are quite dismissive, an 'it's my ball and I'll decide who plays...' attitude

statements like 'This is not going to be implemented.' don't come accross well and they tend to reinforce the 'closed shop' impression given to other Leinster fans who might periodically browse this site,

my 2c...for what it's worth.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Re: Quick Update

Post by limecat »

rekolb wrote:Lime-cat , as you can see I'm an irregular poster, but I think some of your responses are quite dismissive, an 'it's my ball and I'll decide who plays...' attitude

statements like 'This is not going to be implemented.' don't come accross well and they tend to reinforce the 'closed shop' impression given to other Leinster fans who might periodically browse this site,

my 2c...for what it's worth.
RE: the "This is not going to be implemented" comment.

Fair enough, it could be see mas being dismissive without it having any stated reason for the decision being made.

My reasoning is that I think that allowing people to simply delete their own posts leaves the forum very open to abusive posts being made and then removed ten minutes later, before they have been seen by a moderator.

To be honest, I don't think that any of the other responses are in any way dismissive and if they come across that way, it was certainly not my intention. I started the thread to get constructive feedback on how the site could be improved.

If you think that some of the other statements are dismissive, maybe you could either post here or PM me with your thoughts and I can redraft the post.

I can understand that the site can come across as somewhat of a closed shop on occasion, particularly in the current "climate", but I can assure you that my intention when I set this site up was to create something for all Leinster supporters and not just a chosen few.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
CrapFullBack
Bookworm

Post by CrapFullBack »

LC - sorry for being pedantic, but the Ospreys name is mis-spelt on the Magners League table on the home page (Ospresy).
Come visit and see for yourself!
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

CrapFullBack wrote:LC - sorry for being pedantic, but the Ospreys name is mis-spelt on the Magners League table on the home page (Ospresy).
Not being pedantic at all. I'd prefer that somebody point out these stupid typos than for them to be on the site for the entire season :oops:
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

limecat wrote:* AIL / Club Section

Over the Summer, I'll be looking at adding more "club" oriented stuff to the site and this may entail the addition of a Clubs section to the forum...possibly as part of an overhaul of the overall structure of the forum.
Are we going to get an AIL Section after all or not?

It's currently working very well over on MFs, although obviously most of the threads are dedicated to the Munster clubs.
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

ribs wrote:Could we have a sticky with the Dates and times for Ireland internationals over the next 12 months or so? I know somebody posted part of this in a thread recently but I can't find it. :oops:
Where did this sticky disappear to?
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

combatlogo wrote:
Don't know about the sticky but the info should be in the fixtures section

http://www.leinsterfans.com/fixtures/international/
Summer is ready when you are

combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

Eve wrote:
combatlogo wrote:
Don't know about the sticky but the info should be in the fixtures section

http://www.leinsterfans.com/fixtures/international/
I see, said the blind man.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

combatlogo wrote:
As Eve said, it's available on the website. I try not to have too many stickies as it can make the forum less "user friendly", particularly if users have to scroll past lots of stickies in order to see what's new on every page.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Any progress on that suggestion to have a Leinster domestic/amateur rugby section - I think it could be added on to the schools section, which could be renamed? I think it's a good idea to move threads like the remax leinster league thread and hte J4 metro thread - they're very good but a little lost in the other teams section.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Duff Paddy wrote:Any progress on that suggestion to have a Leinster domestic/amateur rugby section - I think it could be added on to the schools section, which could be renamed? I think it's a good idea to move threads like the remax leinster league thread and hte J4 metro thread - they're very good but a little lost in the other teams section.
If the schools rugby section was changed to "Domestic Club and Schools Rugby" i think it would do the trick
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

Duff Paddy wrote:Any progress on that suggestion to have a Leinster domestic/amateur rugby section - I think it could be added on to the schools section, which could be renamed? I think it's a good idea to move threads like the remax leinster league thread and hte J4 metro thread - they're very good but a little lost in the other teams section.
There definitely will be a section like that in the hopefully not too distant future, along with some other changes. Unfortunately when exactly is outside our control at the moment.
Summer is ready when you are