Recent Happenings Discussion

If you have feedback about the site or the forum, leave it here

Moderator: moderators

Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

We're cleanin up this here town
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Having talked to Bitter about this via email, I'm happy to put it down to a misunderstanding and to remove the ban.

Thanks for mediating, McCloud.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

limecat wrote:Having talked to Bitter about this via email, I'm happy to put it down to a misunderstanding and to remove the ban.

Thanks for mediating, McCloud.
Pah! when are you next up for election :wink:
Get in the f%~king bag.
Bitter As a Lemon
Knowledgeable

Post by Bitter As a Lemon »

Thanx Limecat......I only hope that the posters here heed your warnings. Not a nice way to re-pay someone for volunteering to bring them a place to voice their opinions and get the latest news, with a bit of craic to boot.
Keep up the good work, and hope to see you in Cork and Dublin for a beer or thirteen. :lol:
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Bitter As a Lemon wrote:Thanx Limecat......I only hope that the posters here heed your warnings. Not a nice way to re-pay someone for volunteering to bring them a place to voice their opinions and get the latest news, with a bit of craic to boot.
Keep up the good work, and hope to see you in Cork and Dublin for a beer or thirteen. :lol:
Ban him!!!!
I have Bumbleflex
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Bitter As a Lemon wrote:Thanx Limecat......I only hope that the posters here heed your warnings. Not a nice way to re-pay someone for volunteering to bring them a place to voice their opinions and get the latest news, with a bit of craic to boot.
Damn...he's discovered my one weakness...beer
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

limecat wrote:
And pieces of string dragged slowly
I have Bumbleflex
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Dave Cahill wrote:
limecat wrote:
And pieces of string dragged slowly
:lol: :lol: :lol:
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Well done LC. :clap:
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

combatlogo wrote:
Witchfinder general wrote:what i think would really help is if certain individuals grew up and realised that for most of us leinsterfans is a valued source of news chat etc and that abusing it and pi**ing off the people who run it on a voluntary basis is neither big or clever.
Not to mention the piss poor impression it gives to casual or new users.
:happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:

At the end of the day what we all need to bear in mind is that what we're dealing with here is a couple of people who value drama over friendship. The overwhelming majority of people who post on this site are entertaining and engaging and have no axe to grind, in addition to which there is a whelmed minority of one who manages to engagingly and entertainingly grind his axe.

The one aspect of recent happenings that has really bugged me is the concept that anyone who engages in debate with troublemakers is tarred with their brush and dragged down to their level. It's the classic liberal dilemma that if all arguments are equal, all arguments have equal merit which is, not too put too fine a point on it, BS.

This site is bigger and better than each of us (with the exception of Duff Paddy), but no better than all of us combined (although for the avoidance of doubt it should be noted that it is still not better than Duff, unless of course he is here in which case it presumably must be, unless of course the presence of others diminishes it). We don't need to all get along, but if we want to be nasty, we don't need to share that with the world.
Last edited by Tara on July 19th, 2007, 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What is immediately striking is that as soon as an oval ball appears in a group of men there's an extraordinary release of heat." Robert Roy
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Can you be entertaining and engaging with an axe to grind?
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

epaddy wrote:Can you be entertaining and engaging with an axe to grind?
You can eeps, but only you. :D
"What is immediately striking is that as soon as an oval ball appears in a group of men there's an extraordinary release of heat." Robert Roy
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Tara wrote:
Duff is going to be so upset.
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

epaddy wrote:
Tara wrote:
Duff is going to be so upset.
Umm, he made me say this?
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Tara wrote:
combatlogo wrote:
Witchfinder general wrote:what i think would really help is if certain individuals grew up and realised that for most of us leinsterfans is a valued source of news chat etc and that abusing it and pi**ing off the people who run it on a voluntary basis is neither big or clever.
Not to mention the piss poor impression it gives to casual or new users.
:happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:

At the end of the day what we all need to bear in mind is that what we're dealing with here is a couple of people who value drama over friendship. The overwhelming majority of people who post on this site are entertaining and engaging and have no axe to grind.

The one aspect of recent happenings that has really bugged me is the concept that anyone who engages in debate with troublemakers is tarred with their brush and dragged down to their level. It's the classic liberal dilemma that if all arguments are equal, all arguments have equal merit which is, not too put too fine a point on it, BS.

This site is bigger and better than each of us, but no better than all of us combined. We don't need to all get along, but if we want to be nasty, we don't need to share that with the world.
Preach sister!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Tara wrote:This site is bigger and better than each of us,
speak for yourself
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

Having received a number of complaints I have edited my post of yesterday evening to emend the passages which unintentionally caused offence to a couple of prominent posters.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Tara wrote:Having received a number of complaints I have edited my post of yesterday evening to emend the passages which unintentionally caused offence to a couple of prominent posters.
:lol: :lol:
rekolb
Bookworm

Post by rekolb »

limecat wrote:
Tara wrote:Having received a number of complaints I have edited my post of yesterday evening to emend the passages which unintentionally caused offence to a couple of prominent posters.
:lol: :lol:
This love-in bores me... :lol:
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

good call :happy clapper: