Recent Happenings Discussion

If you have feedback about the site or the forum, leave it here

Moderator: moderators

limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Recent Happenings Discussion

Post by limecat »

If you would like to discuss the Recent Happenings announcement, please do so here.
Last edited by limecat on July 18th, 2007, 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Good call LC. :clap:
Last edited by Slipper1 on July 18th, 2007, 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get in the f%~king bag.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

:clap:

Don't mean to harp on but I really think a chatroom would help. . .if any sniping begins in it, its lost when the window is closed down (unlike thru the forum where it stays and can be dug up in future at any time).
Muriel
Seán Cronin

Post by Muriel »

sheepshagger wrote::clap:

Don't mean to harp on but I really think a chatroom would help. . .if any sniping begins in it, its lost when the window is closed down (unlike thru the forum where it stays and can be dug up in future at any time).
Shagger,

Perhaps Limecat can correct me if I'm wrong, but the particular software that's being used for the forum at the moment does not support chat rooms. I know from previous experience having used the same software in college projects and such that chat rooms were not available at the time. Perhaps the newer version of the software that Limecat's using does, but the one I was using 12 months ago did not.

PS. Good work Limecat :)
When I pulled my hamstring, I went to a misogynist. - Brittany (Glee)
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Leinster Lady wrote:Shagger,

Perhaps Limecat can correct me if I'm wrong, but the particular software that's being used for the forum at the moment does not support chat rooms. I know from previous experience having used the same software in college projects and such that chat rooms were not available at the time. Perhaps the newer version of the software that Limecat's using does, but the one I was using 12 months ago did not.

PS. Good work Limecat :)
That would be right, although there do appear to be add-ons for the software to add shoutboxes / chat windows. I'm not sure how difficult they would be to install.

To be honest, if it's on my to-do list at all, it's right down at the bottom.
McCloud
Knowledgeable

Post by McCloud »

Didn't see what bunty posted but if a post had to be removed fair enough. Banning bitter for a week, you should have banned him for life.

Would hiighly reccommend a chat room limecat, you just need enough people to police it.
Witchfinder general
Graduate

Post by Witchfinder general »

what i think would really help is if certain individuals grew up and realised that for most of us leinsterfans is a valued source of news chat etc and that abusing it and pi**ing off the people who run it on a voluntary basis is neither big or clever.
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

Witchfinder general wrote:what i think would really help is if certain individuals grew up and realised that for most of us leinsterfans is a valued source of news chat etc and that abusing it and pi**ing off the people who run it on a voluntary basis is neither big or clever.
Not to mention the piss poor impression it gives to casual or new users.
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Good shout limey, hopefully people can take notice.
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Good shout limey, hopefully people can take notice.
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
McCloud
Knowledgeable

Post by McCloud »

As bitter can not reply to either the locked announcement or this thread here is his response.

Limecat

Can you please state how you thought that my PM reply to you was "snotty". It was a joke, did you notice the smiley?My comments in the Tag Thread were a joke also.

To be honest I am outraged and disapointed that you have banned me and also posting my name on the thread without the right of reply. Yet many other posters are allowed abuse my Province, and the people from my Province and be egged on by others.

In the Tag Thread, one member is allowed to post all PM's ! Has this person been banned, and that poster is just ONE example of a number of incidents that could, well they SHOULD have resulted in being banned judging on my punishment.

The leinsterfans site has been descending to a joke of late, someway of showing respect to you and the rest of the Mods.
I just seemed to be an easy target, this is what disapoints me more.

At this stage I do not care whether you ban me for 10-20-30-40-50 years, I would like for you to put this reply on the sticky thread.

If you cannot reply to this mail, do please contact me on my work address, as I would like to see your reply as soon as I can.

Yours
Bitter
Hickiefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Hickiefan »

sarah_lennon wrote:Good shout limey, hopefully people can take notice.
So good in fact she said it twice :wink:

Agree with Combatlogo about it giving a bad impression of the site which is a terrible shame. Hopefully we can get past this pretty quickly and the rubberneckers from mf.com will find something else to amuse themselves with. I suggest that their wumming attempts are ignored completely or we'll never finish this sorry episode.

I think the Tag thread sits a lot better in its new home too :)
Qui me amat, amet et Leinsterum meum.
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

McCloud wrote:[. Yet many other posters are allowed abuse my Province, and the people from my Province and be egged on by others.
And that doesnt happen on MF.com :roll: Sheesh, pull the other one Bitter, stop the "holier than thou" act and get real.
Get in the f%~king bag.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

McCloud wrote:As bitter can not reply to either the locked announcement or this thread here is his response.
I will respond to his email now with my reasons.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

McCloud wrote:Can you please state how you thought that my PM reply to you was "snotty". It was a joke, did you notice the smiley?My comments in the Tag Thread were a joke also.
I've changed the word snotty to dismissive in the announcement, as it was the wrong word to use and didn't accurately reflect my feelings on the PM.
Last edited by limecat on July 18th, 2007, 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RobbieRockBoy
Enlightened

Post by RobbieRockBoy »

Hickiefan wrote:

Agree with Combatlogo about it giving a bad impression of the site which is a terrible shame. Hopefully we can get past this pretty quickly and the rubberneckers from mf.com will find something else to amuse themselves with. I suggest that their wumming attempts are ignored completely or we'll never finish this sorry episode.

have a look inside your tent to see who's pissing everywhere before you blame those from outside
Seosamh
Bookworm

petty posts

Post by Seosamh »

Fair play for putting up this discussion. As a casual poster but regular reader i noticed a few argumentative posts recently, I have to say i made a concious decision not to post cos I have no interest petty fights.

Keep up the good work its great site lets try keep it that way :clap: :clap:
I do like elephant but I couldn't eat a WHOLE one...........
Hickiefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Hickiefan »

RobbieRockBoy wrote:have a look inside your tent to see who's pissing everywhere before you blame those from outside
Robbie I'm not denying that at all. The fact remains that there are those determined to prolong things for their own amusement.
Qui me amat, amet et Leinsterum meum.
Cossax
Enlightened

Post by Cossax »

Hickiefan wrote:

How delightful. It's mature statements like that that make this place such a pleasure to read. :clap:
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

RobbieRockBoy wrote:have a look inside your tent to see who's pissing everywhere before you blame those from outside
You of all people should know that we live in mansions up here, not tents ;)