removed
28%

Total votes: 53

Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

Darce wrote:
meinster wrote:
rex banner wrote:I feel I must add to the calls for the Gary Brown sigs to be reduced in size. It takes forever for a page to load properly on my blackberry and it then takes ages to scroll past them.
Size of Gary Brown picture 19KB; size of your avatar 60KB! *cough*
Zing....can ya feel it. its science folks.
nothin but net on that one
Grow up son, and some time soon. You're coming out of this sounding like a complete arse......

Why you can't reload a new .jpg with lower dimensions for the 5 minutes it'd take you to do it.... :roll:
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

meinster wrote:
rex banner wrote:I feel I must add to the calls for the Gary Brown sigs to be reduced in size. It takes forever for a page to load properly on my blackberry and it then takes ages to scroll past them.
Size of Gary Brown picture 19KB; size of your avatar 60KB! *cough*
Which may affect download time but not "complete f%~king annoyance in the middle of the f%~king screen time" tm
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Jester
Bookworm

Re: Never say Never - Darce's Picture is too big

Post by Jester »

jrc wrote:
Uncle Mort wrote: it really does cause problems in a work environment
I work in a very open-plan office, it would suit me if it was removed. I don't think you should be allowed have a picture in your signature, it makes it far too obvious that you're on the doss!!
While I can kind of see what you mean with the size of it, most people's avatars on here are a kind of give away that this site is not work related, including yours and mine.

I'd probably prefer if it was slightly smaller alright.

So in an effort to help sort this row out, I've taken the liberty of resizing the image of mr Brown. It's up to the two guys if they use it though.

Rob P

Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Positive & pro-active posting - I like it.
Get in the f%~king bag.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Maybe Darce just likes looking at pictures of Gary Brown. Who knows....
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

If you're viewing this at work (when you shouldn't be), then you really should turn off images (easily done no matter what browser you're using).
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

meinster wrote:If you're viewing this at work (when you shouldn't be), then you really should turn off images (easily done no matter what browser you're using).
Why should everyone else take action to facilitate the obnoxious attitude of one poster Meinster, sorry dude but that's madness....

He's just playing the spoilt child, when five minutes or less would be all that's required to show that he's not treating evryone else on here with contempt....

Don't think he's man enough frankly, definately one who talks the talk....
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

meinster wrote:If you're viewing this at work (when you shouldn't be), then you really should turn off images (easily done no matter what browser you're using).
How do you do that, using IE?
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

Sea_point wrote:Why should everyone else take action to facilitate the obnoxious attitude of one poster Meinster, sorry dude but that's madness....
Because if you're not meant to be viewing the site in work, then there's plenty more telling signs than that one signature (like many avatars, the banner image, etc.). There's an easy technical solution to a problem that some people are without the need to resort to name calling, or worrying about who's next to post up a picture that might give it away as your boss walks by.
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

meinster wrote:
Sea_point wrote:Why should everyone else take action to facilitate the obnoxious attitude of one poster Meinster, sorry dude but that's madness....
Because if you're not meant to be viewing the site in work, then there's plenty more telling signs than that one signature (like many avatars, the banner image, etc.). There's an easy technical solution to a problem that some people are without the need to resort to name calling, or worrying about who's next to post up a picture that might give it away as your boss walks by.
I meant those not viewing at work, not the ones who's issue with the signature is work related........