Meta Tag Keywords

If you have feedback about the site or the forum, leave it here

Moderator: moderators

Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:Now how do we get "Do you mean Leinsterfans.com" to come up when somebody types in 'affluence'?
You'd have to put Affluence into the meta tags as well I guess...
so what you're saying is that the creators of the munsterfans.com decided to include the term 'leinsterfan' in their metatags? That's a bit cheeky.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Duff Paddy wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:Now how do we get "Do you mean Leinsterfans.com" to come up when somebody types in 'affluence'?
You'd have to put Affluence into the meta tags as well I guess...
so what you're saying is that the creators of the munsterfans.com decided to include the term 'leinsterfan' in their metatags? That's a bit cheeky.
Not really, its standard to put a selection of words connected to the prime focus of your site. So it would be natural for a "Munster" site to include the words "Leinster" or "Ulster". It should also be remembered that at the time it was pretty much on its own in providing the service.
I have Bumbleflex
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote: You'd have to put Affluence into the meta tags as well I guess...
Not really, its standard to put a selection of words connected to the prime focus of your site. So it would be natural for a "Munster" site to include the words "Leinster" or "Ulster". It should also be remembered that at the time it was pretty much on its own in providing the service.
You're right and I was just stirring but perhaps the real question is why the official leinster website didn't sort out its metatags when they saw the problem... Asleep at the wheel.