Discussion of Forum Updates

If you have feedback about the site or the forum, leave it here

Moderator: moderators

Eve
Mullet Moderator

Re: Discussion of Forum Updates

Post by Eve »

Tara wrote:Next question - does the "hide online status" option over-ride the new function that allows you to see whether someone is online or offline?
Yes
Summer is ready when you are

Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

And if I hid myself would it tell me I was offline?

And who is Google [Bot]?
"What is immediately striking is that as soon as an oval ball appears in a group of men there's an extraordinary release of heat." Robert Roy
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Tara wrote:And if I hid myself would it tell me I was offline?
It gives people some credit and assumes that they already know whether or not they are actually online.
Tara wrote:And who is Google [Bot]?
It's googles "spider" or roBOT, which looks at and caches webpages on a fairly regular basis. It's been here all day because it thinks it's found a new site as it previously only knew that leinsterfans.com existed. It's been working hard all day and has thus far read about 9,500 pages on the forum.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Great work LC. One query (so far). Is it possible to move the avi's back to the left hand side of the screen? The name of the poster doesn't really stand out (for me anyway).

Edit - OK, have it now but why do I lose the "View New Posts" feature in subsilver 2 screen mode?
A proud Winsome Fluter
StuF
Mullet

Post by StuF »

Forum looks good Limecat in its new incarnation but I'm a traditional type of fellow (read reactionary old bastid who can't handle change) and I was wondering if you could make the "classic" leinsterfans style available, which was for my money the best phpBB skin in the world.... Pretty please :D
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

StuF wrote:Forum looks good Limecat in its new incarnation but I'm a traditional type of fellow (read reactionary old bastid who can't handle change) and I was wondering if you could make the "classic" leinsterfans style available, which was for my money the best phpBB skin in the world.... Pretty please :D
I'd have to completely re-impement it, so no is the answer...but if yo uwant something "similar", try the subsilver style, which looks like the old default phpbb2 skin.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
StuF
Mullet

Post by StuF »

limecat wrote:
StuF wrote:Forum looks good Limecat in its new incarnation but I'm a traditional type of fellow (read reactionary old bastid who can't handle change) and I was wondering if you could make the "classic" leinsterfans style available, which was for my money the best phpBB skin in the world.... Pretty please :D
I'd have to completely re-impement it, so no is the answer...but if yo uwant something "similar", try the subsilver style, which looks like the old default phpbb2 skin.
No problem - had a quick look at subsilver and it's not in the same class as your original and the new one - new one is the better option. Ta muchly.

ps - just noticed that smiley and style buttons now work at the cursor instead of the end of message - fantastic improvement.
Hickiefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Hickiefan »

StuF wrote: ps - just noticed that smiley and style buttons now work at the cursor instead of the end of message - fantastic improvement.
This makes me very happy! :D :green clap:
Qui me amat, amet et Leinsterum meum.