U20 Club 2019/20

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

U20 Club 2019/20

Postby TrapperChamonix » September 16th, 2019, 12:03 pm

And so it begins again..... Slight change in qualification for P1. Positions 1 to 6 from 2018/19 (Clontarf, DUFC, UCD, Lansdowne, Terenure, MU Barnhall) automatically qualify for P1. The last position from last year (Blackrock) automatically got to P2. Old Belvedere who finished 7th last year are involved in a qualification with the winner and RU from Prem 2 (Old Wesley and St Marys). 2 out of those 3 will play in P1.


Qualifiers for P2 to P4 taking place over the next few weeks.
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
User avatar
TrapperChamonix
Mullet
 
Posts: 1186
Joined: November 12th, 2007, 4:27 pm

Re: U20 Club 2019/20

Postby mildlyinterested » September 17th, 2019, 3:02 pm

Old Belvedere 20’s beat Trinity side 29 - 25 at the weekend.

Justin Leonard & Karl Martin involved.
mildlyinterested
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4294
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: U20 Club 2019/20

Postby TrapperChamonix » September 24th, 2019, 9:36 am

mildlyinterested wrote:Old Belvedere 20’s beat Trinity side 29 - 25 at the weekend.

Justin Leonard & Karl Martin involved.


It was a pre season game. Hard to read too much into it. Really scrappy game. Not much structure to defense or attach on both sides.
OB looked good and are confident that they have a stronger team this year. TBH they had a strong team last year but came out the wrong side of a number of close results.

On Sunday OB they beat Marys 19 - 13 in the 1st qualifier. Closer than I thought it would be.

In the Prem 2 qualifiers on Sunday, Blackrock conceeded to Corinthans. Not sure if this was a technical issue (ie no props available). It would be a pity if Blackrock are struggling to field a team.

Tarf and Trinity played pre season Sunday. 3 sessions of 20 mins. Don't ask me who won. Tarf certainly looked strong in the forwards.
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
User avatar
TrapperChamonix
Mullet
 
Posts: 1186
Joined: November 12th, 2007, 4:27 pm

Re: U20 Club 2019/20

Postby mildlyinterested » September 24th, 2019, 10:04 am

OB 20's team from Marys win

1. Jerry Cahir
2. Luke Harmon
3. Ryan McMahon(Leinster u20)
4. James Corcoran
5. Gerry Hill
6. Niall Scully
7. Ethan Baxter
8. Paddy Dowling
9. Oli Haydock
10. Justin Leonard(Leinster u19)
11. Ali Loughrey
12. Ben O'Shea
13. Karl Martin(Leinster u19)
14. Mark O'Brien
15. Adam Keating(Leinster u19)
mildlyinterested
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4294
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: U20 Club 2019/20

Postby mildlyinterested » September 24th, 2019, 8:10 pm

UCD U20SQUAD:

1. Alex O’Connor,
2. Bobby Sheehan(Leinster u20)
3. Jack Dempsey,
4. Gavin Dowling,
5. Joe Cronin,
6. Cathal Purcell(Leinster u19)
7. Gavin Meagher
8. Muiris Cleary
9. Rob Gilsenan(Leinster u19)
10. Luke Maloney
11. Ben White
12. Cormac Cleary
13. Andy Ciobanu
14. Dylan Butler
15. Sean Power
16. Ronan Loughnane(Leinster u19)
17. Daniel Adekunle(Leinster u18 clubs)
18. Ben Leahy
19. Donal McMahon
20. JJ Landers
21. Tadhg Quinn
22. Shane Murphy(Leinster u20)
23. Rowan Palmer
24. Tadhg Murtagh
mildlyinterested
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4294
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: U20 Club 2019/20

Postby Pilotman123 » September 25th, 2019, 2:59 pm

Prem 1 qualifier fixtures


Sun 29/09/2019 15:00 Old Wesley v Old Belvedere Energia Park (Donnybrook)
Sun 06/10/2019 15:00 St Marys College RFC v Old Wesley Templeville Rd
Pilotman123
Bookworm
 
Posts: 148
Joined: July 9th, 2019, 12:45 pm

Re: U20 Club 2019/20

Postby TrapperChamonix » September 30th, 2019, 11:42 am

Prem1 Qualifiers 29 Sept
15:00 Old Wesley 20 (3) V 20 (3) Old Belvedere Energia Park

So OB qualify for Prem1 and a shoot out for the 2nd Qualifier between OW & Marys next weekend.

Are Old Wesley & Marys better than anticipated? Or OB aren't as good as expected? or other mitigating circumstances?
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
User avatar
TrapperChamonix
Mullet
 
Posts: 1186
Joined: November 12th, 2007, 4:27 pm

Re: U20 Club 2019/20

Postby Pilotman123 » September 30th, 2019, 3:40 pm

TrapperChamonix wrote:Prem1 Qualifiers 29 Sept
15:00 Old Wesley 20 (3) V 20 (3) Old Belvedere Energia Park

So OB qualify for Prem1 and a shoot out for the 2nd Qualifier between OW & Marys next weekend.

Are Old Wesley & Marys better than anticipated? Or OB aren't as good as expected? or other mitigating circumstances?


Old Wesley are very good to be fair and Mary’s are a very passionate side so they’re never an easy run over. Old Wesley have Sam Illo on their team and a few other good players so I’d say they’d be no walk over if they qualify for Prem 1. I predict Old Wesley will beat Mary’s. I watched the game on the weekend and Old Belvedere looked the better team but their discipline let them down. They had a good strong scrum and a few good ball carriers like Ryan McMahon and Gerard Hill. Mark O’Brien played well when he came on. Old Belvedere had a conversion kick to win it in the end but the kick was missed.. Sam Illo was also very good for Wesley.
Looking forward to watch the Old Wesley and Mary’s game, it should be a good game
Last edited by Pilotman123 on September 30th, 2019, 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pilotman123
Bookworm
 
Posts: 148
Joined: July 9th, 2019, 12:45 pm

Re: U20 Club 2019/20

Postby Pilotman123 » September 30th, 2019, 3:57 pm

The Old Belvedere team that played Old Wesley:

1.Jerry Cahir
2. Ethan Baxter (captain)
3. Ryan McMahon (Leinster u20)
4. Cormac Yalloway
5. Gerard Hill
6. James Corcoran
7. Niall Scully
8. Paddy Dowling
9. Briain Leonard
10. Justin Leonard (Leinster u19)
11. Ali Loughrey
12. Aaron O’Neil (vice captain)
13. Karl Martin (Leinster u19)
14. Matt Grogan (Leinster u19)
15. Adam Keating ( Leinster u19)

Replacements:
16. Luke Harmon
17. Paddy Premdegast
18. Donal Aherne
19. Harry Beggy
20. Ross McGoey
21. Harry Benner
22. Mark O’Brien
Pilotman123
Bookworm
 
Posts: 148
Joined: July 9th, 2019, 12:45 pm

Re: U20 Club 2019/20

Postby the spoofer » September 30th, 2019, 4:28 pm

Pilotman123 wrote:
TrapperChamonix wrote:Prem1 Qualifiers 29 Sept
15:00 Old Wesley 20 (3) V 20 (3) Old Belvedere Energia Park

So OB qualify for Prem1 and a shoot out for the 2nd Qualifier between OW & Marys next weekend.

Are Old Wesley & Marys better than anticipated? Or OB aren't as good as expected? or other mitigating circumstances?


Old Wesley are very good to be fair and Mary’s are a very passionate side so they’re never an easy run over. Old Wesley have Sam Illo on their team and a few other good players so I’d say they’d be no walk over if they qualify for Prem 1. I predict Old Wesley will beat Mary’s. I watched the game on the weekend and Old Belvedere looked the better team but their discipline let them down. They had a good strong scrum and a few good ball carriers like Ryan McMahon and Gerard Hill. Mark O’Brien played well when he came on. Old Belvedere had a conversion kick to win it in the end but the kick was missed.. Sam Illo was also very good for Wesley.
Looking forward to watch the Old Wesley and Mary’s game, it should be a good game


How did Karl Martin do?
User avatar
the spoofer
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2530
Joined: February 17th, 2006, 6:35 pm
Location: Leinster West

Re: U20 Club 2019/20

Postby Pilotman123 » September 30th, 2019, 5:53 pm

the spoofer wrote:
Pilotman123 wrote:
TrapperChamonix wrote:Prem1 Qualifiers 29 Sept
15:00 Old Wesley 20 (3) V 20 (3) Old Belvedere Energia Park

So OB qualify for Prem1 and a shoot out for the 2nd Qualifier between OW & Marys next weekend.

Are Old Wesley & Marys better than anticipated? Or OB aren't as good as expected? or other mitigating circumstances?


Old Wesley are very good to be fair and Mary’s are a very passionate side so they’re never an easy run over. Old Wesley have Sam Illo on their team and a few other good players so I’d say they’d be no walk over if they qualify for Prem 1. I predict Old Wesley will beat Mary’s. I watched the game on the weekend and Old Belvedere looked the better team but their discipline let them down. They had a good strong scrum and a few good ball carriers like Ryan McMahon and Gerard Hill. Mark O’Brien played well when he came on. Old Belvedere had a conversion kick to win it in the end but the kick was missed.. Sam Illo was also very good for Wesley.
Looking forward to watch the Old Wesley and Mary’s game, it should be a good game


How did Karl Martin do?

He played decent considering he’s only in 6th year and doesn’t turn 18 until May, he’s a good ball carrier and made a very good try saving tackle in the pre season friendly against Trinity , the kid has a lot of potential. Will be interesting to see if he plays Ail this year.
Pilotman123
Bookworm
 
Posts: 148
Joined: July 9th, 2019, 12:45 pm

Re: U20 Club 2019/20

Postby mildlyinterested » October 1st, 2019, 8:20 am

Odd that he moved club to OB if he is still in 6th year.
mildlyinterested
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4294
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: U20 Club 2019/20

Postby mildlyinterested » October 1st, 2019, 9:08 am

UCD U20 SQUAD from weekend:

1. Jack Dempsey
2. Ronan Loughnane(Leinster u19)
3. Ben Leahy
4. Gavin Dowling,
5. Ben Crowley,
6. Cathal Purcell(Leinster u19)
7. Gavin Meagher
8. Tadgh Quinn
9. Shane Murphy(Leinster u20)
10. Luke Maloney
11. Ben White
12. Frank O'Grady
13. Alex O'Grady
14. Mike Henderson
15. Sean Power
16. Killian McQuiad
17. Daniel Adekunle(Leinster u18 clubs)
18. Joe Cronin
19. John Fish(Leinster u19)
20. Muiris Cleary
21. JJ Landers
22. Rob Gilsenan(Leinster u19)
23. Tadgh Murtagh
24. Cormac Hurley
25. Andy Ciobanu
26. Rowan Palmer
mildlyinterested
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4294
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: U20 Club 2019/20

Postby flustered » October 1st, 2019, 9:40 am

any info on the Old Wesley team from the weekend?
flustered
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 386
Joined: January 29th, 2009, 12:44 pm

Re: U20 Club 2019/20

Postby Pilotman123 » October 3rd, 2019, 12:19 am

mildlyinterested wrote:UCD U20 SQUAD from weekend:

1. Jack Dempsey
2. Ronan Loughnane(Leinster u19)
3. Ben Leahy
4. Gavin Dowling,
5. Ben Crowley,
6. Cathal Purcell(Leinster u19)
7. Gavin Meagher
8. Tadgh Quinn
9. Shane Murphy(Leinster u20)
10. Luke Maloney
11. Ben White
12. Frank O'Grady
13. Alex O'Grady
14. Mike Henderson
15. Sean Power
16. Killian McQuiad
17. Daniel Adekunle(Leinster u18 clubs)
18. Joe Cronin
19. John Fish(Leinster u19)
20. Muiris Cleary
21. JJ Landers
22. Rob Gilsenan(Leinster u19)
23. Tadgh Murtagh
24. Cormac Hurley
25. Andy Ciobanu
26. Rowan Palmer


Interesting that Jonathan Fish is playing for UCD when I could have sworn he was with Trinity. Must have decided he’d prefer to be playing for UCD and transfered
Last edited by Pilotman123 on October 3rd, 2019, 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pilotman123
Bookworm
 
Posts: 148
Joined: July 9th, 2019, 12:45 pm

Re: U20 Club 2019/20

Postby Pilotman123 » October 3rd, 2019, 12:20 am

Pilotman123 wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:UCD U20 SQUAD from weekend:

1. Jack Dempsey
2. Ronan Loughnane(Leinster u19)
3. Ben Leahy
4. Gavin Dowling,
5. Ben Crowley,
6. Cathal Purcell(Leinster u19)
7. Gavin Meagher
8. Tadgh Quinn
9. Shane Murphy(Leinster u20)
10. Luke Maloney
11. Ben White
12. Frank O'Grady
13. Alex O'Grady
14. Mike Henderson
15. Sean Power
16. Killian McQuiad
17. Daniel Adekunle(Leinster u18 clubs)
18. Joe Cronin
19. John Fish(Leinster u19)
20. Muiris Cleary
21. JJ Landers
22. Rob Gilsenan(Leinster u19)
23. Tadgh Murtagh
24. Cormac Hurley
25. Andy Ciobanu
26. Rowan Palmer
Pilotman123
Bookworm
 
Posts: 148
Joined: July 9th, 2019, 12:45 pm

Re: U20 Club 2019/20

Postby TrapperChamonix » October 7th, 2019, 1:51 pm

Lansdowne 29 - 15 Clontarf
Barnhall 15 - 52 Terenure
UCD 8 - 15 Trinity


Prem 1 Qualifier
Marys 5 - 27 Old Wesley

OW are the Qualifier 1 and OB are Qualifer 2. They carry their draw from last week in to the league table.
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
User avatar
TrapperChamonix
Mullet
 
Posts: 1186
Joined: November 12th, 2007, 4:27 pm

Re: U20 Club 2019/20

Postby mildlyinterested » October 8th, 2019, 8:51 am

UCD U20 SQUAD from weekend:

1. Jack Dempsey
2. Ronan Loughnane(Leinster u19)
3. Chris Hennessy
4. Gavin Dowling,
5. Joe Cronin,
6. Muiris Cleary,
7. Gavin Meagher
8. Jack Coolican(Leinster u19)
9. Shane Murphy(Leinster u20)
10. Luke Maloney
11. Ben White
12. Frank O'Grady
13. Alex O'Grady
14. Mike Henderson
15. Sean Power
16. Killian McQuiad
17. Ben Leahy
18. John Fish(Leinster u19)
19. Donal McMahon
20. Rob Gilsenan(Leinster u19)
21. Cormac Hurley
22. Zane Obami
mildlyinterested
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4294
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: U20 Club 2019/20

Postby TrapperChamonix » October 14th, 2019, 8:48 am

DUFC 43 - 10 Barnhall
Lansdowne 24 - 21 UCD
Old Belvo 17 - 27 Clontarf
Terenure 36 - 13 Old Wesley


Cracking start to the season by Terenure with Trinity & Lansdowne also going 2 for 2. Pick of the games next week is Terenure away to Old Belvo. After 3 below par performances Belvo need a win, while this will be a significant challenge for Terenure going 3 from 3. Similarly UCD will be desperate to get their 1st win when they host Clontarf in Belfield.
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
User avatar
TrapperChamonix
Mullet
 
Posts: 1186
Joined: November 12th, 2007, 4:27 pm


Return to Domestic Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest