U20 Club 2019/20

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Re: U20 Club 2019/20

Postby TrapperChamonix » December 2nd, 2019, 4:58 pm

ormond lad wrote:Any update/thoughts on the other 20s divisions? At least leinster run these unlike Munster.

Ulster have no U20 league. Queens do play in Conroy Cup but that's only 1 weekend. They don't put teams forward for the Fraser McMullen Cup. Connacht teams (UCG, Galwegians & Buccaneers play in the the Leinster league (Prem2)

Munster U20 competitions are the Donal Walsh Trophy & Plate. https://shared2.sportsmanager.ie/~munst ... ue/145420/ .

Munster's strongest teams tend to be UCC, Cork Con, UL Bohs, Garryowen & Shannon. While the top 2 teams on any given year tend to be competitive in the Fraser McMullen (all Ireland) Cup, there seems to be a big drop off to their 3rd and 4th teams. Last year is a prime example, where UL Bohs and Shannon losts by big margins to Clontarf and Trinity but the other games were UCC beating UCD 40 to 25 and Garryowen loosing 24 to 31 to Lansdowne.
This year UCC are top of their league. I saw them draw with UCD in the Conroy Cup and they looked pretty good. They certainly had a monster scrum.
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
TrapperChamonix
Mullet

Postby ormond lad » December 2nd, 2019, 5:25 pm

TrapperChamonix wrote:
ormond lad wrote:Any update/thoughts on the other 20s divisions? At least leinster run these unlike Munster.

Ulster have no U20 league. Queens do play in Conroy Cup but that's only 1 weekend. They don't put teams forward for the Fraser McMullen Cup. Connacht teams (UCG, Galwegians & Buccaneers play in the the Leinster league (Prem2)

Munster U20 competitions are the Donal Walsh Trophy & Plate. https://shared2.sportsmanager.ie/~munst ... ue/145420/ .

Munster's strongest teams tend to be UCC, Cork Con, UL Bohs, Garryowen & Shannon. While the top 2 teams on any given year tend to be competitive in the Fraser McMullen (all Ireland) Cup, there seems to be a big drop off to their 3rd and 4th teams. Last year is a prime example, where UL Bohs and Shannon losts by big margins to Clontarf and Trinity but the other games were UCC beating UCD 40 to 25 and Garryowen loosing 24 to 31 to Lansdowne.
This year UCC are top of their league. I saw them draw with UCD in the Conroy Cup and they looked pretty good. They certainly had a monster scrum.
I was talking about the ĺower divisions in leinster not just the top teams

I know about Ulster not running a 20s league. They do occasionally have 20s competitions be it at Easter or throughout the season. Connachts main sides do play in leinster but plenty others play in blitzes as well as other games in connacht.
ormond lad
Knowledgeable

Postby TrapperChamonix » December 4th, 2019, 2:44 pm

ormond lad wrote:I was talking about the ĺower divisions in leinster not just the top teams

I know about Ulster not running a 20s league. They do occasionally have 20s competitions be it at Easter or throughout the season. Connachts main sides do play in leinster but plenty others play in blitzes as well as other games in connacht.

Tables and results on the Leinster Domestic Website.
Prem 2 much the same contenders as the previous year with Buccaneers, NUIG, Galwegians & DUFC 2 all in the mix. Marys way out in front partly because the regulated P1 team (Blackrock) fell straight to P3. Good to see Navan, featuring in P2. They won the Fraser McMullen in 2017 with a rich vein of form late in the season, but had fallen to P3 by last year. Shows how variable the quality / numbers coming through can be on a year to year basis.
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
TrapperChamonix
Mullet

Previous

Return to Domestic Rugby