Leinster Senior Cup Final

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Donny B.
Devin Toner

Leinster Senior Cup Final

Post by Donny B. »

Good to see the branch doing a bit of promotion for the club game.

From the Ezine:

Leddin Finance Leinster Senior Cup Final Set for Saturday

Kick – Off the Action this Saturday at the Leddin Finance Leinster Senior League Cup Final as St. Mary’s take on Clontarf in Donnybrook.

Kick Off is at 2.30pm so this is the perfect curtain raiser for the Leinster v Munster match around the corner at 6.30pm.

Entry is only €5 upon presentation of your ticket for the Leinster v Munster match. Otherwise admission is €10 for adults, free for children accompanied by an adult, and €5 for unaccompanied children.
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Leinster Senior Cup Final

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

Donny B. wrote:Good to see the branch doing a bit of promotion for the club game.

From the Ezine:

Kick – Off the Action this Saturday at the Leddin Finance Leinster Senior League Cup Final as St. Mary’s take on Clontarf in Donnybrook.

Kick Off is at 2.30pm so this is the perfect curtain raiser for the Leinster v Munster match around the corner at 6.30pm.

Entry is only €5 upon presentation of your ticket for the Leinster v Munster match. Otherwise admission is €10 for adults, free for children accompanied by an adult, and €5 for unaccompanied children.
f%~king idiots at the branch for arranging it on the same day as the Munster match. Have brought my kids to most of the Tarf matches this year , but they'll miss this big day because of this ridiculous arrangement. They could have re-arranged it for any other date prior to now, following their clapped-out decision to originally fix it for the building site that was Donnybrook in December.
T - 45
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

CRAZYDAVE wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Good to see the branch doing a bit of promotion for the club game.

From the Ezine:

f%~king idiots at the branch for arranging it on the same day as the Munster match. Have brought my kids to most of the Tarf matches this year , but they'll miss this big day because of this ridiculous arrangement. They could have re-arranged it for any other date prior to now, following their clapped-out decision to originally fix it for the building site that was Donnybrook in December.
Another scandal is the branch putting the real Dublin derby of the weekend, the Winters Cup tie of UCD v Tallaght in the Belfield Bowl, on at 3.00!

Where is the joined up thinking? :evil: :wink:
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

Aren’t Leinster Rugby & The Leinster Branch not two separate things?
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

CRAZYDAVE wrote:

From the Ezine:

Why miss it. The game will be finished two hours before the Leinster Munster game and its litterally right around the corner. I'm not sure what the problem is? Seems like a good day out to me
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

Darce wrote:
CRAZYDAVE wrote:

From the Ezine:

Why miss it. The game will be finished two hours before the Leinster Munster game and its litterally right around the corner. I'm not sure what the problem is? Seems like a good day out to me
Won't be able to bring the kids to the Munster match. So it's either miss one or don't bring the kids. They deserve to get to see their beloved Tarf, because of their devotion to the club down through the years.
T - 45
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

CRAZYDAVE wrote:They deserve to get to see their beloved Tarf, because of their devotion to the club down through the years.
And yours :wink:
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

Teams Announced:

CLONTARF:

Peter O'Brien, Max Rantz-McDonald, Daragh O'Shea, Conor Keegan, Phil Howard, Ian Keatley, Paul O'Donohoe; Adrian Clarke, Niall Carson, Niall Treston, Alan Trenier, John Duffy, Simon Crawford CAPTAIN, Chris Elvin, Martin Garvey
Subs: Marc Hewitt, Derek Keane, Phil Purdue, Ken Dorian, Damien Lambert, Niall O'Brien, Simon O'Donnell

ST. MARY’S COLLEGE:

Phillip Brophy, Daragh Fanning, Keith Douglas, Mark Sexton, Ronan Doherty, Frank Lynch, Matthew D'Arcy; Juan Gomez, Richard Sweeney, Robert Sweeney, Gareth Logan CAPTAIN, Conor McInerney, Paul Nash, Hugh Hogan, Kevin Sheahan
Subs: Matt Duggan, Kevin Carroll, Steve Bradshaw, Barry O'Flanagan/Robin Copeland, Conor Hogan

REFEREE: Eanna O’Dowd (ARLB)

Tarf almost at full strength. Just missing Breiffne O'Donnell and Cian Healy (who will probably be on other duties later :wink: ) Interesting that they have two wings and two props on the bench !
T - 45
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

Juan Gomez playing for St. Mary's I see. And the Sweeneys. How has Matt D'Arcy been getting on this season? I don't think he's played for the Leinster 'A' side in a year or so.

Will be interesting to read how 'Tarf's half back partnership gets on, too.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Mauler wrote:Aren’t Leinster Rugby & The Leinster Branch not two separate things?
Pretty much!
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

Any reports?
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

9-6 or 9-3 to tarf
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

Leinster Zulu wrote:Any reports?
9-6 to Tarf.

On a "Durty" Day in Donnybrook, the rain, hailstones and thunder resounded round the venue. Unfortunatley, this did not help the pitch. The conditions made it impossible for decent expansive rugby, and the game became a forward battle. Tarf changed their line-up moving O'Brien into OH and Keatley to FB, from the start. The idea was the this would give Keatley greater room for attacking in broken play. Conditions dictated thet he only saw the ball on two occasions, during the match, where he could set up a decent counter attack.

Tarf took the lead with a Darragh O Shea penalty midway through the first half. Mary's responded with a penalty before half time. As the hail and thunder gathered momentum, possession and handling were at a premium. Attacking chances were limited to a few speculative kicks and chasedowns. Tarf went ahead with another O'Shea penalty, but following an error, Mary's set up one of the best sustained attacks of the match. Fifteen phases later, they eventually had to settle for a drop goal. This was a testament to the Tarf defence which, despite being under sustained severe pressure, maintained its discipline.

The match ebbed and flowed until the last minute, when following the collapse of a scrum, the referee awarded a penalty to Tarf 10 metres in from the East Terrace touchline. O'Shea slotted thye ball between the posts in injury time to but Tarf into was was to prove an unbeatable position. From the re-start, Tarf gathered the ball and "stuffed it up the jumper" for the remaining minutes. The game effectively ended when JF Gomez was penalised and sin-binned for an infringement at the breakdown. The penalty was duely dispatched to touch to end the contest.

For a more Biased :wink: view check out http://www.clontarfrugby.com later today.
T - 45
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Gomez didn't even start in the end. He came on after half-time and wandered around looking vaguely interested. The amateur props on both teams looked far fitter than him. You wonder if he actually does any training at all. From what I heard from some Marys supporters, they don't even want him but are forced to play him by the branch.

As for the game Tarf just about deserved it in the end, although they got some generous calls from the ref. From a Leinster perspective O'Donoghue played well, had a good stroppy attitude too. Keatley played well at full-back and looks to have a decent bit of gas.
the general
Beginner

Post by the general »

Donny B. wrote:From what I heard from some Marys supporters, they don't even want him but are forced to play him by the branch.
Mary's won Gomez in a raffle. From what I hear he has played well for them and is a good player at AIL level but what Leinster were doing signing him has to be questioned.
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

the general wrote:
Donny B. wrote:From what I heard from some Marys supporters, they don't even want him but are forced to play him by the branch.
Mary's won Gomez in a raffle. From what I hear he has played well for them and is a good player at AIL level but what Leinster were doing signing him has to be questioned.
I saw him after the Munster match wandering around stuffing his face with a tray of chips!
Darce
Shane Jennings

Post by Darce »

Mauler wrote:
the general wrote:
I saw him after the Munster match wandering around stuffing his face with a tray of chips!
Well, a man can't live on love alone, Mauler...
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

I just cant believe i was in any way excited about his arrival at the start of the season, just because it was a prop coming from 'Stade'
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!