The relegation of Lansdowne

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

tate
Shane Horgan

Re: The relegation of Lansdowne

Post by tate »

jimmy the bone wrote:There is another option going to one of the lesser lights in relation to twenties can be a real option. Look at Paddy Brophy playing on the wing for wanderers he is 18 and has a year of AIL 2 that is a standard which is vastly superior to JP Fanagan. Or Keith Earls who came straight out of Munchins and went into the ones in Thomond. Going to a smaller senior club and going into the 1st team at 18 is prob the best option in relation to development at a young age. Having spent a year or two in Div 2 kick on to Tarf by a distance the best senior club in Leinster. If he wants to play 20's Trinity is the only club less Bullshit. Mary's will be strong at 20's level next year Steve Hennessy is taking over he will put together a strong set up.
you might have had a valid point up to there!!
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

jimmy the bone wrote:There is another option going to one of the lesser lights in relation to twenties can be a real option. Look at Paddy Brophy playing on the wing for wanderers he is 18 and has a year of AIL 2 that is a standard which is vastly superior to JP Fanagan. Or Keith Earls who came straight out of Munchins and went into the ones in Thomond. Going to a smaller senior club and going into the 1st team at 18 is prob the best option in relation to development at a young age. Having spent a year or two in Div 2 kick on to Tarf by a distance the best senior club in Leinster. If he wants to play 20's Trinity is the only club less Bullshit. Mary's will be strong at 20's level next year Steve Hennessy is taking over he will put together a strong set up.

he would have got lots of offers coming out of michaels from other clubs... he played for lansdowne as a child and his dad is an ex-president of the club, that was the main reason he went to wfc.....it's paid off though, think he was top try scorer for them this season
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
penfold34
Beginner

Post by penfold34 »

has he not been kicked out of the sub academy, how has this worked out for him
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

[quote="penfold34"]has he not been kicked out of the sub academy, how has this worked out for him[/qu

not sure, was involved in leinster 20's interprovincial success i think.... the likes of luuuuke, super rob and cian healy have really set the bar, many people now think if you don't explode on the scene like they did that youre not going to make leinster...playing a few years in AIL is bound to help you
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

jimmy the bone
Bookworm

Post by jimmy the bone »

As far as I know Paddy Brophy's old man was President of Wanderers last Season.
Enter the Dragon
Lampshade
Learner

Post by Lampshade »

jimmy the bone wrote:As far as I know Paddy Brophy's old man was President of Wanderers last Season.
and Paddy offered a lot more than Kearney in the 3 years they played against eachother - 3 times put him out of the competition - I watched Kearney in every game of his last 2 campaigns even down the country in the replay Vs MAry's and the kid does not have half the talent Paddy has. Nuff said.
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

Lampshade wrote:
jimmy the bone wrote:As far as I know Paddy Brophy's old man was President of Wanderers last Season.
and Paddy offered a lot more than Kearney in the 3 years they played against eachother - 3 times put him out of the competition - I watched Kearney in every game of his last 2 campaigns even down the country in the replay Vs MAry's and the kid does not have half the talent Paddy has. Nuff said.
kearney as in rob, or his bro? If its rob then i humbly suggest you are talking out of your arse
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
Lampshade
Learner

Post by Lampshade »

tate wrote:
Lampshade wrote:
kearney as in rob, or his bro? If its rob then i humbly suggest you are talking out of your arse
You suggest incorrect. I was talking of the younger one. But Robert is a bluffer and weak mentally also.
Lampshade
Learner

Post by Lampshade »

and might I suggest he will not be going through into the Leinster set-up ahead of one of our proven winners when he ( the younger brother) is a proven loser.
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

Lampshade wrote:and might I suggest he will not be going through into the Leinster set-up ahead of one of our proven winners when he ( the younger brother) is a proven loser.
fair enough, ive never heard of the guy you're talking about, let alone seen him play.
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

tate wrote:
Lampshade wrote:and might I suggest he will not be going through into the Leinster set-up ahead of one of our proven winners when he ( the younger brother) is a proven loser.
fair enough, ive never heard of the guy you're talking about, let alone seen him play.
where you at the mc corry cup match between ucd and wanderers ? he came on as a sub on the wing... he never plays for the 20s, just in that match.

leinster u18s,19s,20s.......... played on the wing for ireland in the u19 world cup in belfast, scored against south africa.

3 years on the st michaels sct, he's very quick and a good try scorer
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

true blue 06 wrote:
tate wrote:
where you at the mc corry cup match between ucd and wanderers ? he came on as a sub on the wing... he never plays for the 20s, just in that match.

leinster u18s,19s,20s.......... played on the wing for ireland in the u19 world cup in belfast, scored against south africa.

sounds like a younger version of me, but good!

Not liking that rumour about being booted out of the sub-academy though. Any substance to it?

I cant say the mc corry cup was a major priority in my life, so no i didnt make it.
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

David Kearney is a superb player lampshade - as is his older brother
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
Lampshade
Learner

Post by Lampshade »

simonno6 wrote:David Kearney is a superb player lampshade - as is his older brother

He never play for Leinster or Ireland ahead of one of our guys who showed him to be very average. Honestly how can you put a provewn loser ahead of a proven winner. Tate maybe you havn't hear of him because we dont do annual posting campaigns unlike the clongowes west brits on here. They think they own Leinster and this message board - well your boy won't be going through the set-up ahead of our guys who put him out of the cup 3 years in a row. Paddy is a far superior player than David Kearney and has a cup medal to show for it whereas Kearney doesn't. Proven winner against well......
Lampshade
Learner

Post by Lampshade »

tate wrote:
You've never heard of him. Enlighten me tate, what school did you play in? Gonzaga? :lol: :lol: :lol:
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

3 years on the st michaels sct, he's very quick and a good try scorer[/quote]

Not liking that rumour about being booted out of the sub-academy though. Any substance to it?

I cant say the mc corry cup was a major priority in my life, so no i didnt make it.[/quote]

i never heard he got kicked out of the sub academy, my understanding was that when they were selecting the sub academy brophy wasn't picked, possibly because he was in a sling at the time...... dave kearney is a good player but brophy was definitely the better schools player, dave kearney gets more hype than anyone else of the players of 2007 because he's a brother of rob, suppose thats expected
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

true blue 06 wrote:where you at the mc corry cup match between ucd and wanderers ? he came on as a sub on the wing... he never plays for the 20s, just in that match.

I cant say the mc corry cup was a major priority in my life, so no i didnt make it.[/quote]

i never heard he got kicked out of the sub academy, my understanding was that when they were selecting the sub academy brophy wasn't picked, possibly because he was in a sling at the time...... dave kearney is a good player but brophy was definitely the better schools player, dave kearney gets more hype than anyone else of the players of 2007 because he's a brother of rob, suppose thats expected[/quote]

i see, i only read that rumour here so glad to hear there is no truth to it.

next big question is does he have the commitment to bring his game up to the next level, or will he be another (great) schools player who never went further.
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

David Kearney is 10 times the player paddy brophy is. Brophy wasn't on the Irish 20's this year.. Kearney was one of their best players. Do your research first Lampshade.

Your senior cup point is ridiculous - it takes a lot more than one player to win a game of rugby...
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
Lampshade
Learner

Post by Lampshade »

No he's not. He is a loser who couldn't bring his team to win the cup. Paddy is a far superior player and you mark my words if the branch value the continuation of rugby in the province they won't put a bottler through ahead of a winner who is a better player. You're obviously biased so why should we vaqlue any opinion of yours behind a masked name on a graffitti board?
Lampshade
Learner

Post by Lampshade »

He is weak defensively. He is easily marked and smothered out of a game. Paddy is better finisher and Kearney is typical collar up but no notion of field position. We tore him apart in the final. He was targeted in our game plan and shown up. Paddy is better.