Promising Players

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

jaybyrne
Bookworm

Promising Players

Post by jaybyrne »

Does anybody no any1 really promising coming through the school or clubs ??/
FrankBurke
Mullet

Re: Promising Players

Post by FrankBurke »

Stuck in here inThe Gulag I'd rate Darragh Hurley, (prop) and Duncan Williams (Scrum Half) at Cork Con, Gavin Dunne (out-half), Ian Nagle and Neilus Keogh (second rows) at UCC.
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

In terms of schools, Andrew Burke from Crescent Comprehensive and Ian McKinley of St. Columba's are both supposed to be hugely promising at out-half. That's a position in which we need top-class talent to flourish as soon as possible.
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
jaybyrne
Bookworm

Post by jaybyrne »

d
Last edited by jaybyrne on June 23rd, 2009, 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

tackle-bag wrote:Ian McKinley of St. Columba's
That guy is an incredible prospect - saw the footage of one match he played in, it was one of those times where you just immediately think "he's going to be an international"
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

Duff Paddy wrote:
tackle-bag wrote:Ian McKinley of St. Columba's
That guy is an incredible prospect - saw the footage of one match he played in, it was one of those times where you just immediately think "he's going to be an international"
Is this footage web-based?

Heard nothing but good things about the guy but have yet to see him play.
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

McKinley will go far, in the 1st round of the cup he was Columbas really stand out player. You could tell that he'd look class on any team. Coming from Leinster schools this year there's a hell of a lot of talent. Mary's prop McGrath and their 8 Bent were extremelly good players, Belvo's Thomas Sexton and Nerman Lovic , CWC prop can't remember the name and CBC's Mick Noone and Shane Grannell. Hard to pick one outstanding forward but I'd probably go for Bent, thought he was great all through. Michaels Noel Reid has been good at schools for 3 years(he certaintly has big game experience), Ray Crotty from Marys and Keating from Belvo looked good. Reckon Gary Foley of CBC was the stand out back with Belvo's Keating, Foley apparently was excellent for Ire u19s too.

I can't remember the name but I saw Castletroys centre, looked exceptional in the Munster final. Didn't see Connancht or Ulster so don't really know or club players either. Look out for Rock's fullback Conway next year, he could have an impact like Luke fitgearld did at schools
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

bunty85 wrote:McKinley will go far, in the 1st round of the cup he was Columbas really stand out player. You could tell that he'd look class on any team. Coming from Leinster schools this year there's a hell of a lot of talent. Mary's prop McGrath and their 8 Bent were extremelly good players, Belvo's Thomas Sexton and Nerman Lovic , CWC prop can't remember the name and CBC's Mick Noone and Shane Grannell. Hard to pick one outstanding forward but I'd probably go for Bent, thought he was great all through. Michaels Noel Reid has been good at schools for 3 years(he certaintly has big game experience), Ray Crotty from Marys and Keating from Belvo looked good. Reckon Gary Foley of CBC was the stand out back with Belvo's Keating, Foley apparently was excellent for Ire u19s too.

I can't remember the name but I saw Castletroys centre, looked exceptional in the Munster final. Didn't see Connancht or Ulster so don't really know or club players either. Look out for Rock's fullback Conway next year, he could have an impact like Luke fitgearld did at schools
yeah all good players... the cwc prop is Jack O'Connell..... i think the belvo 7 , peter synott is very good but afaik he hasn't played representative rugby
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
bluerugbyrules
Learner

Post by bluerugbyrules »

Andy Boyle from the unknown club of St.Bridgets in Dublin. Playing centre for Irish Youths this year and he's eligable for the next 2 seasons. HARDEST HITTING back ever seen at 16 years of age. I'd say he'll skip his second season of U18s next season and join a good 20s premier league outfit.
gilbert

Post by gilbert »

yeah synott and keating from belvo are very good, noel reid(michaels), conor cleary(greystones) and paddy mallon(lansdowne) are great players... still haven't seen mckinley play but here he is brilliant. i saw the irish u18s youths team play a while back... they had an openside flanker signed up to one of the gp clubs in england , he was brilliant.. can't remember the namee
mikka3
Beginner

Post by mikka3 »

ders also some serious front row players after coming through at youth level in leinster, ronnan donnelly lose head and hooker frm dundalk now playing wit belvo is a serious player, and dat barnhall front row is class d two props were leinster 19s last years and theire openside played hooker for the leinster youths dis year so their are some class ats out der at club level !!!!!!
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

gilbert wrote:yeah synott and keating from belvo are very good, noel reid(michaels), conor cleary(greystones) and paddy mallon(lansdowne) are great players... still haven't seen mckinley play but here he is brilliant. i saw the irish u18s youths team play a while back... they had an openside flanker signed up to one of the gp clubs in england , he was brilliant.. can't remember the namee
James Stephenson is the young chap you're on about I believe, although most of the Exiles players are in the Premiership academys (usually for two or three seasons before they actually leave school), it's pretty standard for all good schools players to be afilliated with a big club from about age 12 onwards....
IrishRugby.ie wrote:The young Exiles who feature in the Ireland U-18 squad are right winger Tchad Collins-Francois (Truro College), out-half Callum McKie (Brentwood & Campion), hooker Declan Farrell (Leeds Carnegie & QEGS Wakefield), tighthead prop Kieran Brookes (Fylde & Kirkham GS), openside flanker James Stephenson (London Irish & St. Benedict's), and number 8 Josh Bennett (Gloucester).
Stephenson played in the centre for St Benedict's, Eaing in the Daily Mail U-18's Schools Cup final......

Daily Mail wrote:There was a great chance when Simpson returned a clearing kick with a typically strong run but his outside centre James Stephenson – a flanker for Ireland Under 18 – veered inside when he might have fed his wing, Daniel Porter.
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

bluerugbyrules wrote:Andy Boyle from the unknown club of St.Bridgets in Dublin. Playing centre for Irish Youths this year and he's eligable for the next 2 seasons. HARDEST HITTING back ever seen at 16 years of age. I'd say he'll skip his second season of U18s next season and join a good 20s premier league outfit.

I've seen him play - phenomenal player
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
Mustapha
Knowledgeable

Post by Mustapha »

Kaylin Domican in Naas - awesome player. Big guy, quick, great hands and smashing attidude.
A little known fact about JC (not Jerry, the other one. The nice Jewish boy) was that he was a top-level statistician. Where does the bible tell us this? Mark 6:30-44

His Poisson distribution skills were miraculous.
Lampshade
Learner

Post by Lampshade »

Mustapha wrote:Kaylin Domican in Naas - awesome player. Big guy, quick, great hands and smashing attidude.
Naas???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
Ryan_89
Knowledgeable

Post by Ryan_89 »

Lampshade wrote:
Mustapha wrote:Kaylin Domican in Naas - awesome player. Big guy, quick, great hands and smashing attidude.
idiot :roll:
Muhammed Ollie- moves like a butterfly, scrummages like an argie!!!

Ollie Le Roux- Gone but never forgotten.
Mustapha
Knowledgeable

Post by Mustapha »

Yes lampshade, Naas. Played for the CBS and the rugby club. Why so surprised?
A little known fact about JC (not Jerry, the other one. The nice Jewish boy) was that he was a top-level statistician. Where does the bible tell us this? Mark 6:30-44

true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

Mustapha wrote:Yes lampshade, Naas. Played for the CBS and the rugby club. Why so surprised?

is that the matt williams quote as your signature ?
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
Mustapha
Knowledgeable

Post by Mustapha »

It certainly is.

Lampshade
Learner

Post by Lampshade »

Ryan_89 wrote:
Lampshade wrote:
idiot :roll:
You're an idiot mate. Don't get f%~king lippy with me son or I'll bury you underground.