MALAHIDE'S ridiculous publicity.

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

bluerugbyrules
Learner

MALAHIDE'S ridiculous publicity.

Post by bluerugbyrules »

MALAHIDE'S ridiculous publicity on the LEINSTER DOMESTIC WEB SITE continues. I know a few of you have commented on this but seeing as malahide RFC have continued (yet another farcical post on the web), it deserves unrelenting debate. As I've said before, fair play to any club who can get off their arse and promote themselves BUT please keep some reality in it. Malahide's delusions are off the scale. The latest stunt brags of their succesful U20s programme bringing players through to their senior team. OK.... reality. Last season> MALAHIDE'S RESULTS:- U20s, P10 won 0. minus 317 points;; 1sts P14, W 3 minus 171 points;; J2 P 11 W 1 minus 287 points;; J4 P14 W 3 minus 200 points.
So Malahide decide to write articles about U20s (from the worst team in the league by a country mile) BREAKING into a J2 side that won one from fourteen. SORRY malahide, CREDIBILITY IS GONE.
Last edited by bluerugbyrules on August 8th, 2009, 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maul Less
Beginner

Re: MALAHIDE'S rediculous publicity.

Post by Maul Less »

Witch hunt is abit OTT, but empty vessels etc. etc,Whilst fare play to them promoting their club, but in keeping it real might be a start, the poets license has expired do your talking on the pitch and your peotry for your ''MEMBERS'' bar(very victorian), wheres the mullet??????
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Well if other clubs submitted news to the Branch, then less of Malahide's stuff would be put up on the site!
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
lummix
Graduate

Post by lummix »

I have no problem with a few of the articles but I personally look forward to hammering these guys, they are talking rubbish, about cr@p players coming from a cr@p 20s team. Lads no one cares. Just bring it on the pitch and stop the hot air.
8M LEINSTAW
Bookworm

Post by 8M LEINSTAW »

Fair point Leinsterman and fair dues to Malahide for submitting articles as a means of self promotion BUT it can't be any old stuff and that's the problem here. There comes a point when the context and the quality of the message you are trying to get across needs to be of a minimum standard or it becomes self defeating and will cause more harm than good. Judging by the last few press releases, Malahide have some way to go before they get there.

Keep sending the stuff in Malahide, just give it a little more thought and review before hitting the send button.
Cubs fan, Bud man.
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

Some of the players at Malahide Rugby Club will come of age this coming season with six players graduating out of the Under-20s and to join the Senior ranks.

It is a real boost to the club’s development programme to now see these six lads entering the Senior set up. It is seen by many at the club as just reward for the time, investment and energy spent by the club and the many people involved over the years.

As part of the club’s development program there were numerous steps implemented last season to assist the transition for the six players from last years Under-20s to this years Seniors. Last years transition strategies included training at specific moments during the season with the seniors, unit training at times in direct opposition to the seniors, social activities as well as a match that had the 20s and Seniors playing each other.

Malahide’s Senior Chairman Alun Brophy said: “It was a natural occurrence for the 20s and the seniors to mix it up a bit during the year. These guys are old enough to vote and enjoy the odd pint or two, so it made sense to give them a taste of what to expect and to give them what they wanted to do anyway. There were quite a few times during the year when the 20s had down periods in their own competitions and we took advantage of that in scheduling events with the Seniors.

With 100% of these lads now fully integrated into the Senior ranks, we look forward to welcoming the next batch after this coming season when another 19 lads will be integrated with and welcomed into the Seniors.”

Whilst all six of the current crop took part in the training and social aspects of senior integration last season, four of them actually played with senior teams with two of them playing with the firsts. David White who has been at the club for eleven years and Sean Power who has been at the club for six years both got a taste of 1sts rugby last year at scrumhalf and second row respectively. Both are highly regarded and should push for selection.

Stephen Mwale a flanker and Simon Tuite a winger, who has only had two seasons of rugby, both got a taste of the action with the club’s seconds last year and should make the transition well. Both lads are in fact going on the club’s September development tour to the Western Province Rugby Institute at Stellenbosch University in South Africa.

Meanwhile Ray Hennessy, who is the younger brother of last years Club Captain Rob Hennessy, has been at the club for 3 years and Karl Morris who in his third year of rugby and plies his trade well at fullback should both also fit in well with the Senior set up.
This is the article... it does make for sore enough reading when you read the records the op posted...
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
Malahide Mullet
Mullet

Post by Malahide Mullet »

I will make a comeback for one post only.

The ed takes the stories off our website

So don't hate us because we are rich, you inbred culchies
Now that rugby's oldest bridesmaid has finally got hitched, she can cast a haughty glance towards Leinster, her high-living sister from Dublin, who, despite her immense beauty and vast potential, has trouble getting lucky.
jimmy the bone
Bookworm

Post by jimmy the bone »

We don't hate you we just think your idiots and SH*TE rugby players!!
Enter the Dragon
BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

Post by BlueArmyOriginal »

Eh isn't this what all clubs do? I mean every 20s side lose players due to age limits after each season and the best of these players get bled thru to the seniors, what's the big woop about this happening in Malahide?
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

Lads will you ever build a focking

and get the fock over yourselves. It's a pre-season fluff piece to promote the rugby club, all clubs do it each season (well any that can get their finger our of their asses anyway...)....

Why not take it up directly with the offy site if you've got a grievance, rather than regurgitating the same old cr@p that bluerugbyrules started in another thread already..........

This is one MF'ing sad thread.....
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

I recognise one of the guys in that photo, and needless to say, its no wonder they're losing most of their games if he's one of the great white hopes...
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
Maul Less
Beginner

Post by Maul Less »

Nothing like a mullet to stir the sh!t,Rich me arse,the same richness that put your club in the sh!t 15 years ago when you tried to buy the league,and not the pot to piss in, and by the looks of things that hasnt thought you a lesson,you cant buy a club or team spirt and you certainly cant get it in your focking members bar either,or your focking empty large trophy cabinet(get trophies firsts then buy the cabinent)
Nice club house but not the same without the furniture!,Fock me if the branch are going to your website for the beating heaert of junior rugby , if thats the case were all focked ruppert!!!
bluerugbyrules
Learner

Re: MALAHIDE'S ridiculous publicity.

Post by bluerugbyrules »

Sorry SEA_POINT. ur wrong on two points. I didn't start this in the other thread. It was first brought to debate by LEINSTER GIANT (on page 27) and then commented on by XPLOSIVE, JIMMY THE BONE, THE GALLOPING GHOST, SKYHAWK & your good self. I just put it into it's own thread. I think it's fair coment. The ed might take it off but I'm not dissing Malahide or slagging off any persons or even their club, just stating that I think this publicity has gone totally OTT and loses them credibility. I have said before - fair play to any club who gets off their arse - but be sensible. This type of publicity would be ideal for their local paper but not in a Provincial wide rugby specific site. Joe public will swallow it and that's GOOD publicity but the rugby public do not swallow it. As regards the other remarks re the club in other posts, I couldn't comment on the the club spirit, in fact I've found them nice guys when I've played there. As the name (BLUE rugby rules) indicates, I'm a Leinster Fan. Thats of all Leinster Rugby , not just the senior side. I'm happy to see all our clubs advance.
Last edited by bluerugbyrules on August 8th, 2009, 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
bluerugbyrules
Learner

Re: MALAHIDE'S ridiculous publicity.

Post by bluerugbyrules »

Hey Malahide Mullet. Having read your comment I looked at the Malahide web site (not something I do regularly !!!) and you are correct, the offending articles on the Leinster Domestic Site are taken directly from the club site. So WHY. Is there a Malahide connection (if so, they should censor it a bit) or surely the editor of the Leinster Domestic site isn't that stuck for news? It's a strange one. So in hind sight - to be fair, it mightn't be Malahide putting this drivell out to the rugby public at all.
Last edited by bluerugbyrules on August 8th, 2009, 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xplosive
Learner

Post by Xplosive »

OK Sherlocks....they are obviously the same articles because they are written by the SAME person and then submitted to their own Malahide site and the Leinster Domestic site....thats hardly a revelation. And they are being submitted to the branch site, I know for a fact that PB isnt scouring the pages of junior clubs looking for news stories to be put onto the LB site but they will publish an article submitted to them.

As for the general idea of the content of the articles and whether they are a bit OTT. Well I suppose the only ones who can judge that are Malahide themselves. If these article are succeding in getting more guys training and new young guys coming into the club well you have to say there serving there purpose. There is that saying that there is no such thing as bad publicity!! I would imagine that every team that plays them this year will want to stuff them though......
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

The most ironic thing about this thread is that it's managing to give the club even more publicity! :lol:
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
Maul Less
Beginner

Post by Maul Less »

Just had a look at thier website, I CANT believe their offering their players FOOD tokens to go training, its focking weight watcher tokens the 'GUYS' need.

the article before last posted on the lenister web site one about healthy eating etc etc, and the next on e on their own website is for a food tokens and their president urging players to loose the excess by coming up training and getting their BURGor Token (CLASSic).

Maybe mullet you should get your firsts of their rich fat burger eating asses and do a couple of laps of the BAR B QUe.
Malahide Mullet
Mullet

Post by Malahide Mullet »

You'd be amazed at the healthy food a club can serve when it has its own Chef. Surely the rest of you have this basic element in place?

here is a crazy theory for you boys out there!! maybe it's because the Leinster PRO is from.........wait for it...........Malahide. He might not have to put up so much of our stuff if the rest of you got off your holes and wrote something
Now that rugby's oldest bridesmaid has finally got hitched, she can cast a haughty glance towards Leinster, her high-living sister from Dublin, who, despite her immense beauty and vast potential, has trouble getting lucky.
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

lummix wrote:I have no problem with a few of the articles but I personally look forward to hammering these guys, they are talking rubbish, about cr@p players coming from a cr@p 20s team. Lads no one cares. Just bring it on the pitch and stop the hot air.
Thats always being there problem. 10Years ago their aim was to be an AIL club in 3 years. They're good at talking the talk, but thats about it. Cracking clubhouse, bu as they say France is a lovely country just full of French.
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
gor109
Beginner

Post by gor109 »

in response to malahide mullet....

your not doing a good job at defending your club...

everyone who plays you this year, will really wanna go and stuff malahide. i mean what success are you basing your somewhat arrogance on?

you really wanna do your talking on the field no??

if you guys win 4 matches in the league this year i will honestly be impressed.