Remax J1 & J2 League Section A & B opinions please.

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

gleesonisgod
Mullet

Remax J1 & J2 League Section A & B opinions please.

Post by gleesonisgod »

To the junior rugby playing masses. I play J1s/J2s for one of the big clubs so we are in section A in both leagues.

My understanding of squad selection was that you were only permitted 3 subs as it was unfair if bigger clubs were able to feild a squad of 22 and the smaller junior clubs were only able to string together 18 or so.

Now that the leagues have been split into section A and B i think in section A you should be allowed to field a full 22 or at least 20. It makes it very unfair on a lot of players as the J2 squad I train with could easily have 25 at training on a Tuesday and Thursday which leave a lot of people excluded on a Saturday. Also how the hell do you pick only 3 subs for a Rugby match? Prop, backrow and "utility back". It's not like a J2's team have Ollie for across the front row or Austin Healy for backrow/the whole backline.

Basically I think the system is unfair and exclusive and causes a lot of players to pack it in after a month or two.

Any thoughts?
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!