Leinster Rugby Grounds

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

pulldownthemaul
Beginner

Re: Leinster Rugby Grounds

Post by pulldownthemaul »

To find Clane rugby club. 1st, to find Clane, it's roughly between Naas RFC & North Kildare RFC. Zoom into the centre of the town where several roads meet. Imagine you were entering from the Celbridge Road, take the second right as you hit Clane onto the Ballinagappa Road, go a very short distance, maybe 300m and go past the first cross roads (where you could turn into an estate), take the next left, then immediately left again, you will see the soccer club house on your right. Go down the dirt track 150m and swing right to the club house. You should be able to locate it on the google map and mark it.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

pulldownthemaul wrote:To find Clane rugby club. 1st, to find Clane, it's roughly between Naas RFC & North Kildare RFC. Zoom into the centre of the town where several roads meet. Imagine you were entering from the Celbridge Road, take the second right as you hit Clane onto the Ballinagappa Road, go a very short distance, maybe 300m and go past the first cross roads (where you could turn into an estate), take the next left, then immediately left again, you will see the soccer club house on your right. Go down the dirt track 150m and swing right to the club house. You should be able to locate it on the google map and mark it.
Thanks for the info. Can you just check that I've got the right place :)
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

Post by BlueArmyOriginal »

Hey Limecat, Bective's spare pitch is situated half-way up Glenamuck Rd near DLSP and Lansdowne/Wesley's new place at Ballychorus. It's at the end of the lane way to the right after Rockville Drive as you go up from the M50.
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

BlueArmyOriginal wrote:Hey Limecat, Bective's spare pitch is situated half-way up Glenamuck Rd near DLSP and Lansdowne/Wesley's new place at Ballychorus. It's at the end of the lane way to the right after Rockville Drive as you go up from the M50.
Hopefully I've got that one right as well
pulldownthemaul
Beginner

limecat wrote:
pulldownthemaul wrote:To find Clane rugby club. 1st, to find Clane, it's roughly between Naas RFC & North Kildare RFC. Zoom into the centre of the town where several roads meet. Imagine you were entering from the Celbridge Road, take the second right as you hit Clane onto the Ballinagappa Road, go a very short distance, maybe 300m and go past the first cross roads (where you could turn into an estate), take the next left, then immediately left again, you will see the soccer club house on your right. Go down the dirt track 150m and swing right to the club house. You should be able to locate it on the google map and mark it.
Thanks for the info. Can you just check that I've got the right place :)
That's exactly right. Spot on. Keep up the good work
pulldownthemaul
Beginner

Guinness RFC. Iveagh Grounds. Crumlin Rd (R110). Entrance to grounds is opposite Clonard Rd. It's on the north side of Crumlin Rd. The club house roof looks blue on the map, you cant't miss it.
pulldownthemaul
Beginner

limecat wrote:I have been working on this: Leinster Rugby Grounds (google maps)

It's a work in progress and there are some missing (Balbriggan and Kilkenny as I wasn't sure of their exact location and probably others) and possibly some that I've misplaced (Is Longford RFC and possibly others in the correct location?)

Any comments or corrections appreciated.
Others missing are: Ardee RFC, North Meath RFC, Ratoath RFC, St.Brigids RFC, Roscrea RFC, Parkmore RFC.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

pulldownthemaul wrote:Guinness RFC. Iveagh Grounds. Crumlin Rd (R110). Entrance to grounds is opposite Clonard Rd. It's on the north side of Crumlin Rd. The club house roof looks blue on the map, you cant't miss it.
You're not wrong there.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

pulldownthemaul wrote:
limecat wrote:I have been working on this: Leinster Rugby Grounds (google maps)

It's a work in progress and there are some missing (Balbriggan and Kilkenny as I wasn't sure of their exact location and probably others) and possibly some that I've misplaced (Is Longford RFC and possibly others in the correct location?)

Any comments or corrections appreciated.
Others missing are: Ardee RFC, North Meath RFC, Ratoath RFC, St.Brigids RFC, Roscrea RFC, Parkmore RFC.
Can't find where North Meath RFC or Parkmore RFC are, but have added the others.

Edit: I've posted on the NMRFC forum, so hopefully somebody will get back to me with the location.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

I've added North Meath RFC based on information from somebody on their forum and have moved Kilkenny RFC based on a commect added to the actual map...hopefully to the correct location this time.
expat
Beginner

Post by expat »

Munki wrote:Limecat, you're a star! I've been planning of doing something similar for a few weeks now, by doing up custom POI's for Garmin Satnav, but have been putting off as the initial stage involves specifying all the locations before extracting as a .csv file.

With your permission, I'll try out the locations of clubs you've marked off and see if they'll work on satnav. If so, I'll post the csv file for others to use (the csv should be compatible with most satnavs. I'll post instructions too).
I'll try to get it sorted before the end of the week.
Great Idea Munki!! Let us know when you have it complete. I for one know it'll save me a lot of grief :happy clapper:
"Shut your stupid smurfy head"
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

expat wrote:
Munki wrote:Limecat, you're a star! I've been planning of doing something similar for a few weeks now, by doing up custom POI's for Garmin Satnav, but have been putting off as the initial stage involves specifying all the locations before extracting as a .csv file.

With your permission, I'll try out the locations of clubs you've marked off and see if they'll work on satnav. If so, I'll post the csv file for others to use (the csv should be compatible with most satnavs. I'll post instructions too).
Great Idea Munki!! Let us know when you have it complete. I for one know it'll save me a lot of grief :happy clapper:
Well if you'd just listen to the directions.......baldy!!! :lol:
BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

Post by BlueArmyOriginal »

limecat wrote:
BlueArmyOriginal wrote:Hey Limecat, Bective's spare pitch is situated half-way up Glenamuck Rd near DLSP and Lansdowne/Wesley's new place at Ballychorus. It's at the end of the lane way to the right after Rockville Drive as you go up from the M50.
Hopefully I've got that one right as well
On the money Limecat, :happy clapper:
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
expat
Beginner

Post by expat »

Donny B. wrote:
expat wrote:

Well if you'd just listen to the directions.......baldy!!! :lol:
ha ha at least mine will grow back! :lol:
expat
Beginner

Post by expat »

The ARLB have posted the google link on their website.

http://www.arlb.net/
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

limecat wrote: Can't find where North Meath RFC or Parkmore RFC are, but have added the others.

Parkmore are based in Terenure's grounds.
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Leinsterman wrote:
limecat wrote: Can't find where North Meath RFC or Parkmore RFC are, but have added the others.

Parkmore are based in Terenure's grounds.
Thanks LM. I've added that now.
kiruna
Beginner

Post by kiruna »

Portarlington Ground is slightly off as well here, should be on the R424. This link should mark it......

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=& ... 431b9531dd
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

kiruna wrote:Portarlington Ground is slightly off as well here, should be on the R424. This link should mark it......

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=& ... 431b9531dd
Thanks, I've moved that to the correct location.
kiruna
Beginner

Post by kiruna »

Can I take it it's Ok to link to this map from our websites?