Leinster Rugby Grounds

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Re: Leinster Rugby Grounds

Postby limecat » November 14th, 2008, 4:42 pm

kiruna wrote:Can I take it it's Ok to link to this map from our websites?


Yeah, no problem with that. A mention of the site wouldn't go astray.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on twitter.

Image
User avatar
limecat
Lazy totalitarian
 
Posts: 5064
Joined: February 17th, 2005, 11:25 pm
Location: a strangely isolated place

Re: Leinster Rugby Grounds

Postby kiruna » November 14th, 2008, 5:28 pm

It's a deal, we're redoing the portarlingtonrfc.com website, should be up and running next week.........
kiruna
Beginner
 
Posts: 22
Joined: October 2nd, 2006, 11:11 am

Re: Leinster Rugby Grounds

Postby aislingc » November 14th, 2008, 9:04 pm

This is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!! Have an under 9s match in Clontarf on Sun. and had no idea where ground was!!! Thank you.
aislingc
Beginner
 
Posts: 38
Joined: November 14th, 2008, 12:59 pm
Location: Ballinteer

Re: Leinster Rugby Grounds

Postby Slipper1 » November 14th, 2008, 11:18 pm

aislingc wrote:This is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!! Have an under 9s match in Clontarf on Sun. and had no idea where ground was!!! Thank you.


Surely your mum or dad will bring you?
Get in the f%~king bag.
User avatar
Slipper1
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8858
Joined: January 26th, 2006, 3:13 pm
Location: I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

Re: Leinster Rugby Grounds

Postby aislingc » November 20th, 2008, 9:32 pm

Slipper1 wrote:
aislingc wrote:This is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!! Have an under 9s match in Clontarf on Sun. and had no idea where ground was!!! Thank you.


Surely your mum or dad will bring you?

Nice one Slipper1!!! :lol:
aislingc
Beginner
 
Posts: 38
Joined: November 14th, 2008, 12:59 pm
Location: Ballinteer

Re: Leinster Rugby Grounds

Postby Armchair » January 29th, 2009, 2:24 pm

I hear Fournaughts House in the news today being repossesed from a former Smart Telecoms exec ( an ironic name considering these unfortunate events) With the name I am just curious if this is near Naas Rugby Club grounds of the same name?
User avatar
Armchair
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: January 29th, 2009, 10:16 am

Re: Leinster Rugby Grounds

Postby icebaby » January 29th, 2009, 10:24 pm

this is a great site. just been surfing away there, as I live near a rugby club I could see my house. Anyway, just wondering and you probably all know this but I don't - Roscrea is in Leinster?
"Look what Leinster have done again"
User avatar
icebaby
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2328
Joined: August 23rd, 2006, 9:09 pm
Location: Dun Laoghaire, Dublin, Leinster

Re: Leinster Rugby Grounds

Postby gfo » February 10th, 2009, 2:09 am

god, my local northside dublin club looks awful lonely on that map.

one of my friends plays with the Railway Union, never knew where the grounds were til now. Good work!
User avatar
gfo
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2071
Joined: October 19th, 2008, 7:59 pm
Location: B.A.C.

Re: Leinster Rugby Grounds

Postby Donny B. » March 20th, 2009, 11:43 pm

icebaby wrote:this is a great site. just been surfing away there, as I live near a rugby club I could see my house. Anyway, just wondering and you probably all know this but I don't - Roscrea is in Leinster?



Drunken Comment Removed! :oops:
Last edited by Donny B. on March 28th, 2009, 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Donny B.
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 26623
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: D12!!!!!!!!!

Re: Leinster Rugby Grounds

Postby Eve » March 21st, 2009, 11:00 am

Donny B. wrote:
icebaby wrote:this is a great site. just been surfing away there, as I live near a rugby club I could see my house. Anyway, just wondering and you probably all know this but I don't - Roscrea is in Leinster?



Great to have you on board son! 8)


:? :lol:
Summer is ready when you are

Image
User avatar
Eve
Mullet Moderator
 
Posts: 5084
Joined: January 25th, 2006, 1:06 pm

Re: Leinster Rugby Grounds

Postby ronk » April 9th, 2009, 2:25 pm

Great link. Bookmarked it.

Emerald Warriors play in Tymon Park
User avatar
ronk
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8364
Joined: April 9th, 2009, 12:42 am

Re: Leinster Rugby Grounds

Postby tifa » April 19th, 2009, 10:39 pm

icebaby wrote:this is a great site. just been surfing away there, as I live near a rugby club I could see my house. Anyway, just wondering and you probably all know this but I don't - Roscrea is in Leinster?


The cistercen college, roscrea is in Leinster, my nephew captained the Js last year
tifa
Beginner
 
Posts: 49
Joined: February 6th, 2009, 5:27 pm

Re: Leinster Rugby Grounds

Postby madridlion » September 25th, 2009, 11:57 am

I believe Roscrea´s is split in half, with the playing pitches in Leinster and they have always played in the Leinster School´s cup.

You would expect such a place to be a hotbed for Lunsters but my friend Garvan from Offaly who went there is a die-hard Leinster man.

A school with three Ministers for Foreign Affairs, Brian Cowen, David Andrews and Dick Spring who also dropped the ball badly at full-back against England.
madridlion
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 412
Joined: March 9th, 2009, 11:27 pm

Re: Leinster Rugby Grounds

Postby Gnevin » October 12th, 2009, 3:08 pm

AIB play on the same grounds as DCU and Unidare.
Gnevin
Bookworm
 
Posts: 199
Joined: January 30th, 2007, 1:53 am

Re: Leinster Rugby Grounds

Postby TrapperChamonix » October 22nd, 2009, 11:33 am

madridlion wrote:I believe Roscrea´s is split in half, with the playing pitches in Leinster and they have always played in the Leinster School´s cup.


As the School stradles the county boundary it plays some sports in Leinster and some in Munster (e.g. basketball)
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
User avatar
TrapperChamonix
Enlightened
 
Posts: 960
Joined: November 12th, 2007, 4:27 pm

Re: Leinster Rugby Grounds

Postby Mac_Chops » December 2nd, 2009, 9:57 pm

Great link indeed.

Could have done with finding it earlier in the year before driving by Portarlington's ground.. twice.

Also, Dundalk and New Ross must love playing each other away.
Mac_Chops
Beginner
 
Posts: 35
Joined: December 2nd, 2009, 5:40 pm
Location: Dublin SW

Re: Leinster Rugby Grounds

Postby wolly » September 16th, 2010, 10:16 pm

Great idea
could you add West Offaly Lions, Based in Ferbane Co Offaly
wolly
 
Posts: 1
Joined: September 16th, 2010, 10:12 pm

Re: Leinster Rugby Grounds

Postby the spoofer » September 20th, 2010, 3:50 pm

Mac_Chops wrote:Great link indeed.

Could have done with finding it earlier in the year before driving by Portarlington's ground.. twice.

Also, Dundalk and New Ross must love playing each other away.


Motorway all the way. Longford to Wexford Wanderers is a different kettle of fish.
User avatar
the spoofer
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2006
Joined: February 17th, 2006, 6:35 pm
Location: Leinster West

Re: Leinster Rugby Grounds

Postby limecat » September 20th, 2010, 8:02 pm

wolly wrote:Great idea
could you add West Offaly Lions, Based in Ferbane Co Offaly


Done. Also added a link to the website here: http://www.leinsterfans.com/links/
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on twitter.

Image
User avatar
limecat
Lazy totalitarian
 
Posts: 5064
Joined: February 17th, 2005, 11:25 pm
Location: a strangely isolated place

Re: Leinster Rugby Grounds

Postby TerenureJim » May 24th, 2011, 2:51 pm

gfo wrote:god, my local northside dublin club looks awful lonely on that map.

one of my friends plays with the Railway Union, never knew where the grounds were til now. Good work!


DIT Rugby used to have to train down at Railway Union, grand spot but not the nicest on a cold wet November evening when they've forgotten you're training and left the clubhouse locked up with no changing facilities or floodlights available. Luckily I seem to recall a window about scrumhalf size being open to enable us to go ahead..... :)
User avatar
TerenureJim
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 4868
Joined: May 5th, 2009, 10:09 am

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest