Leinster Rugby Grounds

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Re: Leinster Rugby Grounds

Post by limecat »

Holding on wrote:Fair play. Thats a super idea and will be well helpful.

One I noticed was missing was Lansdowne and Wesley who have spare pitches on Ballychorus Road up near Enniskerry where pretty much all Junior sides are sent to play them
Thanks for that. Was only passing there a few weeks ago. Forgot about it completely.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

the directions for UCD are right, but Greenfield Rd only has pedestrian access, and is a pay and display area. Buses etc will have to go on up the N11 and turn in at the sign for UCD, follow the directions in there to get free parking
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

tate wrote:the directions for UCD are right, but Greenfield Rd only has pedestrian access, and is a pay and display area. Buses etc will have to go on up the N11 and turn in at the sign for UCD, follow the directions in there to get free parking
Thanks tate. I've added a note to that entry that people will see when they click on it.
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

limecat wrote:
tate wrote:the directions for UCD are right, but Greenfield Rd only has pedestrian access, and is a pay and display area. Buses etc will have to go on up the N11 and turn in at the sign for UCD, follow the directions in there to get free parking
Thanks tate. I've added a note to that entry that people will see when they click on it.
no problemo il duce
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
Xplosive
Learner

Post by Xplosive »

PLease post details for Athy RFC....email *** Email Address removed by Mod *** if you need directions/location
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Xplosive wrote:PLease post details for Athy RFC....email *** Email Address removed by Mod *** if you need directions/location
PM and email sent and email address removed from original post.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

limecat wrote:
Xplosive wrote:PLease post details for Athy RFC....email *** Email Address removed by Mod *** if you need directions/location
Arklow RFC is just on the west side of the N11 at Ballyrichard, about 3-4kms north of Arklow. The townland of Ballyrichard only appears on Google Maps 5 zoom levels from max. zoom.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

limecat wrote:
That's now been added
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

jezzer wrote:
limecat wrote:
Arklow RFC is just on the west side of the N11 at Ballyrichard, about 3-4kms north of Arklow. The townland of Ballyrichard only appears on Google Maps 5 zoom levels from max. zoom.
I've added that, although I'm not sure of the exact location. Let me know if it's close ;)
juanca
Learner

Post by juanca »

Rathdrum RFC - on approach to rathdrum on R752 from North. Right turn immediately after crossing the river. Google maps has it as an extension of lower street. Grounds are at the end of this road.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

juanca wrote:Rathdrum RFC - on approach to rathdrum on R752 from North. Right turn immediately after crossing the river. Google maps has it as an extension of lower street. Grounds are at the end of this road.
That should be added now...damn stupid hotel wireless connection
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Eve wrote:Balbriggan play in Ring Commons AFAIK - the best of intentions haven't got me down there yet. Anyway - it's behind a big cloud or something on the map :?
Apparently, they're beside the North County Cricket Club in Balrothery. I found the Cricket Clubs location already on google maps so have added a new point beside that :)
Munki
Bookworm

Post by Munki »

Limecat, you're a star! I've been planning of doing something similar for a few weeks now, by doing up custom POI's for Garmin Satnav, but have been putting off as the initial stage involves specifying all the locations before extracting as a .csv file.

With your permission, I'll try out the locations of clubs you've marked off and see if they'll work on satnav. If so, I'll post the csv file for others to use (the csv should be compatible with most satnavs. I'll post instructions too).
I'll try to get it sorted before the end of the week.
"Holy Crip, he's a Crapple!" - Peter Griffin
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

You're becoming (in)famous! The ARLB site have posted the maps link on their homepage.
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Leinsterman wrote:You're becoming (in)famous! The ARLB site have posted the maps link on their homepage.
Yeah. I got a PM from somebody during the week to say that they'd added it to the site. :)
remoh
Beginner

Post by remoh »

limecat wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:You're becoming (in)famous! The ARLB site have posted the maps link on their homepage.
Yeah. I got a PM from somebody during the week to say that they'd added it to the site. :)
Hi Limecat

the location for Cill Dara RFC on the map is slightly off. Please see http://www.kildare.ie/cilldararfc/map.html to give you the exact loaction. Thanks alot for your map.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

remoh wrote:Hi Limecat

the location for Cill Dara RFC on the map is slightly off. Please see http://www.kildare.ie/cilldararfc/map.html to give you the exact loaction. Thanks alot for your map.
Thanks for the correction. I've fixed it.
aontaithe

Post by aontaithe »

Longford RFC is on the wrong road. It's down Lisbrack road. There's done a google flag for it here (yours is B):
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& ... dd&t=h&z=7
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

aontaithe wrote:Longford RFC is on the wrong road. It's down Lisbrack road. There's done a google flag for it here (yours is B):
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& ... dd&t=h&z=7
Thanks. I've updated the map with the correct location.
Dublinner
Bookworm

Post by Dublinner »

Hi
The directions to Wicklow RFC while technically correct are using very minor roads without signposts. I would suggest these directions coming from Dublin or North Wicklow

From N11 take left signposted Rathnew/Wicklow then at roundabout take the 1st exit - R772 (signposted Rathnew/Wicklow)

Continue forward onto - R772 Entering Rathnew R772

Continue straight through Rathnew until you reach Wicklow.

Turn right at the Grand Hotel onto the Marlton Road R751 and continue for approx 1 Mile.

Take right onto Ashtown lane. Wicklow RFC is on the left after 300m.