Senior Cup Draw 2009

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Senior Cup Draw 2009

Post by simonno6 »

Darce wrote:
Slipper1 wrote:
chats wrote:im gona drink 1million beers on paddys day gona be unbelievable
just like every other teenager in Dublin then

And those in their early 20's :D :D :D :D
amen to that!
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
themanwhocantbemoved

Post by themanwhocantbemoved »

terenure dont stand a chance against rock! if its a dry day rock are going to beat them even more! :green clap:
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

themanwhocantbemoved wrote:terenure dont stand a chance against rock! if its a dry day rock are going to beat them even more! :green clap:
Didn't Terenure beat them in the friendly?
chats
Beginner

Post by chats »

yea they did.they also beat belvo a lot more comfortably than rock did
Jackil7
Beginner

Post by Jackil7 »

PLEASE stop going on about friendly's-PLEASE... They mean jack-sh!t when it comes to cup time. Three things need to happen for Nure to win-first, they need to win forwards battle, second, they need rock backline to have a pisspoor day, third, they need the Rock 10 and 13 to have a poor kicking day. No-one can honestly look at the first three rounds of the cup and say that Nure look the better side. Rock are out and out favourites for a reason- they were complacent against Belvo, and wont make the same mistake twice. Nure have a chance but need to be at the top of their game and Rock not to be at the top of their game..
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Jackil7 wrote:PLEASE stop going on about friendly's-PLEASE... They mean jack-sh!t when it comes to cup time. Three things need to happen for Nure to win-first, they need to win forwards battle, second, they need rock backline to have a pisspoor day, third, they need the Rock 10 and 13 to have a poor kicking day. No-one can honestly look at the first three rounds of the cup and say that Nure look the better side. Rock are out and out favourites for a reason- they were complacent against Belvo, and wont make the same mistake twice. Nure have a chance but need to be at the top of their game and Rock not to be at the top of their game..
I'm not sure that anybody has said that Terenure are better than rock. However Terenure do have a great chance of winning and the fact that they beat them in the friendly proves that (how is that not relevant exactly?). Rock have been far better in attack but Terenure's defence has been brilliant and if it wasn't for the ref would have scored at least another 2 tries against Mary's.Rock might be favourites but they're not out and out favourites.
I bow to your knowledge of how to win a rugby match though.Wining the battle up front and the kicking duel are two things that will only enter the Terenure coaches heads if they read your post. And as for the backline,what if Terenure don't kick ball to the Rock back three? Or what if it's lashing rain and they can't get going? Yes Rock are favourites and deservedly so but people need to stop acting as if it's theirs to lose.
Munki
Bookworm

Post by Munki »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Jackil7 wrote:PLEASE stop going on about friendly's-PLEASE... They mean jack-sh!t when it comes to cup time. Three things need to happen for Nure to win-first, they need to win forwards battle, second, they need rock backline to have a pisspoor day, third, they need the Rock 10 and 13 to have a poor kicking day. No-one can honestly look at the first three rounds of the cup and say that Nure look the better side. Rock are out and out favourites for a reason- they were complacent against Belvo, and wont make the same mistake twice. Nure have a chance but need to be at the top of their game and Rock not to be at the top of their game..
I'm not sure that anybody has said that Terenure are better than rock. However Terenure do have a great chance of winning and the fact that they beat them in the friendly proves that (how is that not relevant exactly?). Rock have been far better in attack but Terenure's defence has been brilliant and if it wasn't for the ref would have scored at least another 2 tries against Mary's.Rock might be favourites but they're not out and out favourites.
I bow to your knowledge of how to win a rugby match though.Wining the battle up front and the kicking duel are two things that will only enter the Terenure coaches heads if they read your post. And as for the backline,what if Terenure don't kick ball to the Rock back three? Or what if it's lashing rain and they can't get going? Yes Rock are favourites and deservedly so but people need to stop acting as if it's theirs to lose.
Hey don't worry about it. There's a few of ex-Rock guys i know who come up with the same shoite around this time every year. All it means is that if Rock happen to lose a match, it's not their fault. Things just didn't go their way etc. Sometimes I wonder if any of them actually believe that Rock win the cup every year.

The upside is, they're soooooooo easy to wind-up and get a rise out of :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"Holy Crip, he's a Crapple!" - Peter Griffin
Jackil7
Beginner

Post by Jackil7 »

First off- Im no Rock boy, far from it. Secondly, I do not write off Nure but do believe the final is Rocks to lose. I dont put alot of sway on friendly matches solely based on experience- Ive seen teams get well beaten by opposition in friendlys and then go on to play,and win, in finals, thats all. Dont take offence.. As for the three factors- they're simply the three areas that I reckon Rock have a big advantage..Nure have their pros-their OH and hpw he plays will have a big influence. Please dont take offences lads, everyone has a varying opinion on matters such as these- sure wouldnt this forum be boring if we all agreed? And to re-iterate- Im no Rock boy.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Jackil7 wrote:First off- Im no Rock boy, far from it. Secondly, I do not write off Nure but do believe the final is Rocks to lose. I dont put alot of sway on friendly matches solely based on experience- Ive seen teams get well beaten by opposition in friendlys and then go on to play,and win, in finals, thats all. Dont take offence.. As for the three factors- they're simply the three areas that I reckon Rock have a big advantage..Nure have their pros-their OH and hpw he plays will have a big influence. Please dont take offences lads, everyone has a varying opinion on matters such as these- sure wouldnt this forum be boring if we all agreed? And to re-iterate- Im no Rock boy.
You may discount friendly form but i can't recall a final that was particularly one sided either so on that basis it'll be close.There's a reason Terenure were amongst the favourites from the start.They weren't just favourites to be runners up. There's a real arrogance in saying it's theirs to lose that i can't get on board with. Sorry i don't mean to sound like i'm having a go at you but saying "Don't take offence" is the adult equivalent of "don't cry about it" but don't take offence.......
Jackil7
Beginner

Post by Jackil7 »

Wouldnt dare be so ignorant as to say 'dont cry about it' in any shape or form. Saying it Rocks to lose cant be arrogance from me as I have nothing to do with Rock-simply the point of view of a neutral. I aint up for either team and hope for a good final but i dont agree that Nure are as good as some make them out to be- particularly in attack, which is why I back Rock to win it. Believe me the last thing I want to see is a one-sided show on Paddys Day. Here's to an entertaining final.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Jackil7 wrote:Wouldnt dare be so ignorant as to say 'dont cry about it' in any shape or form. Saying it Rocks to lose cant be arrogance from me as I have nothing to do with Rock-simply the point of view of a neutral. I aint up for either team and hope for a good final but i dont agree that Nure are as good as some make them out to be- particularly in attack, which is why I back Rock to win it. Believe me the last thing I want to see is a one-sided show on Paddys Day. Here's to an entertaining final.
Fair enough i can't really argue with most of that and apologies for picking on you a bit but i just can't stand how some rock fans (and there's a pretty good example up above) assume that it's in the bag and how they are judged differently to everyone else e.g you said they were complacent against Belvo but when Terenure didn't attack well in the quarters and semi that excuse isn't given to them even though they attacked brilliantly in the 1st round. They're also unfairly labelled as favourites most years based purely on reputation which again i think is unfair. As you can tell i didn't go to rock but i'v nothing against the place and in fact they were one of my favourite teams to play against for a few reasons. As for the match itself i really think it's going to be tight and unfortunately i don't see it being a particularly good one to watch but let's hope i'm wrong!
denzel
Learner

Post by denzel »

my take on matters is that Rock were are and will remain favourites and i too was concerned about the non event the final could be. However, i think i have seen enough from the semi's to determine that the final could 'possibly' be closer than i origianlly thought.

Its not an unreasonable assumption to make that Nure are a better side than Belvo for obvuios reasons, belvo lost to Rock by 4 points (now i know alot of you have been talking about complaceny or late tries making the score more respectable etc etc and i frankly find this chat total horeshit of the highest order. complaceny against last years winners in the semi final of the cup? doubt it)

So with the assumption that nure are better than belvo i think we can expect Nure to either lose by 1-3 points or in fact beat Rock - if either of these things happen the final could be a cracker.

Obviously a scientist or some other relatively smart person could pick or find one or two flaws in my above argument, but do you catch my drift?

some positiving thinking combined with what can only be described as intellginence and we have a final to look forward to.
chats
Beginner

Post by chats »

Edited by Mod
Last edited by chats on March 15th, 2009, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RoscoBosco
Beginner

Post by RoscoBosco »

Does anyone know if you can pay at the turnstiles for the final?
bgmusic
Knowledgeable

Post by bgmusic »

All ticket match.get tickets in Spar Donnybrook or Leinster Rugby store.
soyne

Post by soyne »

generally the preseason is irrelevant, for example rock beat michaels by a point in preseason and then by 40 come the cup.

Coaches might hide set moves and not show their full hand and also teams might not base their schedule around pre season matches, i.e they might have scheduled to do a tough session on a tuesday and have a match on the wedneday and will go ahead with the session,so the players may not be at 100%. not too mention the fact that the interpros r missing for half the preseason as well as injuries
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

the gick would do well to keep it tight and as far away from those rock backs as possible. Their pack look like they can stand up to rocks, but in the backs it looks like men against boys
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
stevo
Learner

Post by stevo »

latest score anyone?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

18 - 9 to blackrock
I have Bumbleflex
Jackil7
Beginner

Post by Jackil7 »

Congratulations Blackrock College- deserving winners. Hard Luck to Terenure, it was a better final than I thought it would be. Class of Rock's backs told in the end.