Towns cup draw

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

white
Bookworm

Re: Towns cup draw

Post by white »

Ahh I suppose its true, can be entertaining for outsiders when there is some tatseful slagging going on. I retract my earlier post! :oops:
silly punt
Enlightened

Post by silly punt »

white wrote:Ahh I suppose its true, can be entertaining for outsiders when there is some tatseful slagging going on. I retract my earlier post! :oops:
Don't retract anything around here white, it's a sign of weakness :wink:

Getting back on topic the big game of round is Portlaoise/Dara, home advantage is a big help to the Laois lads, but hopefully Dara can scrape through. There does not look to be to many other suprises on the cards. Although I do not think Navan will win the competition this year they are starting to look a tired team.
Experience is the name everyone gives to their failures
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

Hard to bet against Navan but I do think the winners of Portlaoise v Cill Dara will get to the final. Portlaoise play Skerries this weekend, it will be interesting to see how Portlaoise will approach this weekend as they have been known to favour the cup over the league, any way Sunday week should be a tight one based on League result between the 2 , best of luck to both!
8M LEINSTAW
Bookworm

Post by 8M LEINSTAW »

Enniscorthy v Skerries - Skerries
Portlaoise v Cill Dara - Port
Rathdrum/Co Carlow v Dundalk - Dundalk to beat Rathdrum
Navan v Newbridge - Newbridge to win in extra time 8)
Tullamore v Athy - Tullamore
Naas/Tullow v Boyne - Tullow on both counts
Clane v New Ross - Clane
North Kildare/Kilkenny v Ashbourne - Kilkenny on both counts
Cubs fan, Bud man.
white
Bookworm

Post by white »

Portlaoise v Cill Dara - Port
Rathdrum/Co Carlow v Dundalk - Dundalk
Navan v Newbridge - Navan
Naas/Tullow v Boyne - Boyne
Clane v New Ross - Dont bet against a draw (Clane eventually)
North Kildare/Kilkenny v Ashbourne - Kilkenny

Havent seen much of Navan this year but it would be hard to bet against them. So much depends on the draw obviously. Who's to say Kilkenny, Ashbourne, Clane or New Ross dont do what Tullow did last year and reach the final. Staranger things have happened!
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

Here goes ;

Portlaoise v Cill Dara - Portlaoise
Rathdrum/Co Carlow v Dundalk - Dundalk
Navan v Newbridge - Navan
Naas/Tullow v Boyne -Tullow
Clane v New Ross - New Ross
North Kildare/Kilkenny v Ashbourne - Kilkenny

As previously said by other contributors the beauty of the cup is that some unfancied team will come from nowhere and suprise every one. This season it could be Tullow (not really a suprise package anymore, a good solid team who raise their game for the cup) New Ross or Kilkenny only time will tell!!
Not Releasing
Bookworm

Post by Not Releasing »

Carlow, Tullow and North Kildare all had wins today. Definitely a more interesting day than last week and could we get a Division Three side in the quarters?, they have to be favourites at home. Boyne v Tullow as well, should be a cracking game and Dundalk face another trip to the south-east, Carlow J1s have no form as such due to the structure of the AIL, so very hard to call. Should be some good games next week.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Not Releasing wrote:Carlow, Tullow and North Kildare all had wins today. Definitely a more interesting day than last week and could we get a Division Three side in the quarters?, they have to be favourites at home. Boyne v Tullow as well, should be a cracking game and Dundalk face another trip to the south-east, Carlow J1s have no form as such due to the structure of the AIL, so very hard to call. Should be some good games next week.

Was at the Tullow - Naas match today, one for the purists shall we say. Tullow made a number of mistakes at key moments, and missed 3 kickable pens. Naas weren't a particularly great team either, but had their game plan and executed it well, breaking the game down to a series of vignettes based around set pieces. A mistake from Tullow in the first half led to the Naas try, when an attempted chip through was blocked and Naas went over to score from the resulting possession. Tullow finally got a try halfway through the second half from a similar situation to give them an 8-7 win after being 3-7 down at the half.
I have Bumbleflex
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

Well done to North Kildare! I didn't fancy them against Kilkenny but they did and fair play to them. They will fancy their chanches at home against Ashbourne and a great chance of getting to the quarters.

Also a good win for Portlaoise away to Skerries. A real battle on for the last top 8 place of the league between 3 now good to see a fight on!
Jimi Caucaunibuca
Learner

Post by Jimi Caucaunibuca »

Great result for North Kildare!!Just shows if ya have a winning habit and a home draw,its very easy to turn over a fancied side!Does anybody have the score and a report from this game as was attending a 2nds match elsewhere!!
I eat because Im fat,Im fat because I eat!
LeinsterGiant
Beginner

Post by LeinsterGiant »

Carlow, hammered rathdrum and it turned out to be one of the biggest win margins of the towns cup so far. I think dundalk will be dreading having to face a team with a few AIL bench players, first team players coming back from injury...not to mention the new players from the it carlow rugby course... 50-1 not bad odds!!!
silly punt
Enlightened

Post by silly punt »

LeinsterGiant wrote:Carlow, hammered rathdrum and it turned out to be one of the biggest win margins of the towns cup so far. I think dundalk will be dreading having to face a team with a few AIL bench players, first team players coming back from injury...not to mention the new players from the it carlow rugby course... 50-1 not bad odds!!!
No chance....
jimmy the bone
Bookworm

Post by jimmy the bone »

[quote="silly punt"][quote="LeinsterGiant"]Carlow, hammered rathdrum and it turned out to be one of the biggest win margins of the towns cup so far. I think dundalk will be dreading having to face a team with a few AIL bench players, first team players coming back from injury...not to mention the new players from the it carlow rugby course... 50-1 not bad odds!!!

Bench AIL players! AIL 3 Is the Kentucky Fried Chicken League! I'd say Dundalk are shiting themselves!
Enter the Dragon
Durkah Durkah
Bookworm

Post by Durkah Durkah »

It's actually the KFC league. They are not allowed use "chicken" anymore as it is false advertising, I kid you not. Enjoy your next bucket folks :D
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

I see in the 2nds Towns Cup game between Portarlington and Clondalkin have to replay next weekend as the referee did not record the score correctly! Portarlington were reported as winners of the original game. Any one know what happened? Surely one team or the other won the match and sportmanship should prevail? Can some one fill us in as I have never heard of this happening before, seems very strange! :!: :!:
kiruna
Beginner

Post by kiruna »

Was a very strange day alright in Clondalkin, ref gave the score at half time, Clondalkin maintained it was the wrong score but game was played on for the second half. Portarlington maintained the lead and won by 2 points, but Clon protested that he had recorded the wrong score. If the ref isn't sure himself at the end of the game, it has to go to a replay.......
Both teams suffered because of his actions really, in a tight cup game a lot of the play is based on the scoreline at the time and decisions made upon that, if he doesn't know what it should be it makes a farce of it......
Dublinner
Bookworm

Post by Dublinner »

kiruna wrote:Was a very strange day alright in Clondalkin, ref gave the score at half time, Clondalkin maintained it was the wrong score but game was played on for the second half. Portarlington maintained the lead and won by 2 points, but Clon protested that he had recorded the wrong score. If the ref isn't sure himself at the end of the game, it has to go to a replay.......
Both teams suffered because of his actions really, in a tight cup game a lot of the play is based on the scoreline at the time and decisions made upon that, if he doesn't know what it should be it makes a farce of it......
This is a total farce. One of the clubs knows it lost the game. The players and supporters know they lost. Surely there cant be that much confusion about it. Its hard to believe the lack of sportsmanship.
LCD_Blue
Bookworm

Post by LCD_Blue »

North Kildare V Ashbourne off snow on the pitch.
silly punt
Enlightened

Post by silly punt »

LCD_Blue wrote:North Kildare V Ashbourne off snow on the pitch.
Portlaoise/Cill Dara is also cancelled....
8M LEINSTAW
Bookworm

Post by 8M LEINSTAW »

Navan v Newbridge is off.
Cubs fan, Bud man.