broadcasting rugby?

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

sanarota

broadcasting rugby?

Post by sanarota »

Why do they focus on the broadcasters and not the players when broadcasting rugby? I was watching a rugby match on tv (in the United States) and the camera was on the commentators the whole time. You could see the rugby match going on behind them thru the window of their booth. The announcers were having a garden variety chat about rugby and mentioning the match behind them every few minutes or so. Is this how rugby is broadcasted?? It was very confusing.
icebaby
Rhys Ruddock

Re: broadcasting rugby?

Post by icebaby »

mm not sure where your transmission was picked up from . The normal is to show the full half with the punters only interviewed at half or full time That's whal everyone here got.
"Look what Leinster have done again"
gleesonisgod
Mullet

Re: broadcasting rugby?

Post by gleesonisgod »

Are you sure they weren't just warming up behind? Or warming down?

After the International matches the subs have to go out and do a load of sprint exercises to maintain fitness or whatever. It is possible you tuned in after the match had ended, heard them talking about it and could see a load of players running around on the pitch behind.
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!