Leinster Senior Cup info!

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

rugbyfan1

Leinster Senior Cup info!

Post by rugbyfan1 »

Hey lads, don't suppose anybody here has any recordings of any of the Leinster Senior Cup games from recent or previous years, taped from Setanta? Have been looking for a full game recorded for almost a year now to no avail! Dublin guy living outside of the country so that makes it a bit harder. Would be unbelievably appreciative if anybody can help me out with a copy. (will pay, of course).

Also, as I'm writing a piece on schools rugby from players/supporters perspectives, would love if anybody could leave/share any stories having played or been involved with the senior cup. What really goes on in the dressing room, prep talks, nerves, etc. An ingiht into the schools rugby world. PM me or leave a message here. Hopefully we can get a few ancedotes going!

Thanks a lot!

Jay
rugbyfan1

Re: Leinster Senior Cup info!

Post by rugbyfan1 »

Nobody? :(
bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

Essentially the senior cup is a front for a secret social soceity. The various schools players each meet up in robes and other garments brandishing their school colours for secret games and activities such as those in the movie 'Eyes Wide Shut' starring Tom Cruise with the various girl schools such as the Mounties, Foxrock, Dalkey and an array of others each vying to catch the eye of the esteemed members. Making the 22 of an SCT entitles a person to lifetime membership, benefits of membership include access to lodgings from noble bretheran throughout the world in major cities such as NY and London. It also entitles members to a special highway, away from the rest of the peasants on the M50. IN addition a slush fund to cater for deceased friends and guys on a hard time is available. The rugby is very much secondary. The secret nature of the soceity is probably the reason why nobody has replied yet for fear of retibution.

Hope that helps.
rugbyfan1

Post by rugbyfan1 »

That has helped quite a lot. Certainly explains the lack of co-operation I've gotten so far. Thank you for being so brave!