Stillorgan Should Go UP!

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Not10
Beginner

Stillorgan Should Go UP!

Post by Not10 »

After winning all around them at in the J3 League this year......Should Stillorgan RFC be forced up to play in the J2 Metro league next season? I think the answer should be yes......but it looks do they will be back J3 next year again!
LeopoldButters
Enlightened

Re: Stillorgan Should Go UP!

Post by LeopoldButters »

Not10 wrote:After winning all around them at in the J3 League this year......Should Stillorgan RFC be forced up to play in the J2 Metro league next season? I think the answer should be yes......but it looks do they will be back J3 next year again!
Its a bit much to be suggesting forcing them up considering it was their first ever league win
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Can a Stillorgan go up?
A proud Winsome Fluter
Huddle
Learner

Post by Huddle »

They got beaten in extra time by Lansdowne last night in the cup 19-16
"B^%#h better have my money"
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

Huddle wrote:They got beaten in extra time by Lansdowne last night in the cup 19-16
Cracking game.....very "physical"....3 or 4 yellow cards I think. Stillorgan had 3 scrums on the Lansdowne line with 10 minutes to go in normal time....just couldn't get good clean ball. Lansdowne just out muscled them and the no 10 finally landed his kicks in extra time.
LeopoldButters
Enlightened

Post by LeopoldButters »

El Diablo wrote:
Huddle wrote:They got beaten in extra time by Lansdowne last night in the cup 19-16
Cracking game.....very "physical"....3 or 4 yellow cards I think. Stillorgan had 3 scrums on the Lansdowne line with 10 minutes to go in normal time....just couldn't get good clean ball. Lansdowne just out muscled them and the no 10 finally landed his kicks in extra time.
Gotta agree, a cracker of a game.
hittheruck
Beginner

Post by hittheruck »

Stillorgan also topped their league last season winning 12 out of 12.
vagga
Bookworm

Post by vagga »

in that case, Coolmine should be forced to go up from J4 to J3 too - they have been good for a few seasons..

Death to all junior clubs :p
HUCKER RUCKER
Beginner

Post by HUCKER RUCKER »

The difference is that is Coolmines 3rd team and Stillorgans 1st team. If Stillorgan are to progress as a club they should probably think about moving Metro J2 or even Leinster League as they seem to have a good team at the moment. However, they don't own their own ground and this may be holding them back. However, if they are happy with where they are then leave them, but maybe its not fair to have a team in their comfort zone winning year in year out.
Not10
Beginner

Post by Not10 »

Question is did Lansdowne have any ringers in their team like did all year long in the League?