2009/2010 U19s club rugby in Leinster

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

bluerugbyrules
Learner

2009/2010 U19s club rugby in Leinster

Post by bluerugbyrules »

There's some really important debate starting in the U18s string. I thought it might be better to get the ball rolling for next season here. let's keep the comments about the Leinster Youth squad to it's own section.
To Start:-
I read that there's a rule stating that a player who plays SCT in a section B school is not allowed play Culliton Cup (Leinster U18s) in the "following" season. Does any one know the rationale for this ????
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Re: 2009/2010 U19s club rugby in Leinster

Post by Armchair »

That is the rule at the moment but it will have to be changed as it now makes no logic what so ever.

With the 19's and 21's starting next season, I do think the 21's are in danger of disappearing. Junior clubs will struggle to let talented 21's stay at that level, if you look around AIL clubs there are a lot of 19 - 20 year olds playing at senior level. I can see the 19's being a success but 21's will be gone from provincal clubs within 3 years IMO
celticpuma

Post by celticpuma »

Have to agree it will go this way ,no person under 19 can be penalised for playing SCT would make no sense,It was a good youth League this year and they have tightened up on paperwork,next year could be so differant as the established clubs could make a name for themselves only just beat Terenure this year ,where did they come from in Youths ?and who were those french guys are they legal in Youths
pulldownthemaul
Beginner

Post by pulldownthemaul »

The sooner U19s is taken out of the hands of the myopic and self serving LEINSTER YOUTHS COMMITTE the better in my opinion. How the hell can it still be controlled as "youth" when half the teams areworking or in college, even in 2nd year college.
hittheruck
Beginner

Post by hittheruck »

DRAWS FOR THE LEAGUE:
Leinster premier North; BARNHALL, BOYNE, DUNDALK, EDENDERRY, LONGFORD, MULLINGAR, NAVAN, TULLAMORE.
Leinster premier South; AC PIRATES, ENNISCORTHY, DLSP, KILKENNY, NAAS, NEW ROSS, TULLOW, WICKLOW.
Leinster Division 1 North; Ashbourne, Birr, Guinness, Malahide, Ratoath, Swords/Balbriggan, Suttonians, Terenure.
Leinster Division 1 South; Carlow, Clane, Clondalkin, Gorey, Newbridge, North Kildare, Portarlington, Portlaoise.

Who are the fancied teams. Some of last years U18s results.
Wicklow won the league
Dundalk won the cup
Barnhall won the plate

I fancy Dundalk, Wicklow, AC Pirates, Mullingar, Barnhall to be in the shake up. DLSP (last season's Leinster Schools / Youth Cup winners) to be dark horses.
Any views???????
hittheruck
Beginner

Post by hittheruck »

WHO IS NOT FIELDING THIS YEAR IN THE LEINSTER U19S??? WHO WILL BE THE STRONG TEAMS?? ANY RESULTS FROM THE 10-A-SIDES??
Tullamore, Malahide & DLSP have already pulled out of the leagues, any one else?
I fancy Dundalk to be favourites this year.
I was told this morning that barnhall won the Metro ara 10-a-sides comfortably, I don't know who elso was playing in it though. Does any one have any more updates?
shocks91

Post by shocks91 »

AC pirates won the north midlands 10 a side
hittheruck
Beginner

Post by hittheruck »

shocks91 wrote:AC pirates won the north midlands 10 a side
Who was in it? What were Naas like, I would have put them up there with ACP
shocks91

Post by shocks91 »

portlaose,clane,clondalkin,newbridge,naas,pirates,naas were poor missed a few key players to leinster
hittheruck
Beginner

Post by hittheruck »

shocks91 wrote:portlaose,clane,clondalkin,newbridge,naas,pirates,naas were poor missed a few key players to leinster
naas were missing 3 players with the Leinster Youths. Also missing Dave Lynch with leinster U20s but I doubt very much he'll be iwth their 19s anyway, prob with their firsts for sure. although that shouldn't make too much diference to them in 10-a-side.
Who came 2nd & 3rd behind ACP?
shocks91

Post by shocks91 »

Naas finished 2nd portlaoise 3rd
hittheruck
Beginner

Post by hittheruck »

Dundalk beat Boyne, Longford beat Barnhall, Navan beat Mullingar.

any more results the league?
hittheruck
Beginner

Post by hittheruck »

Prem league North after 3 rounds:
Boyne played 3 won 2, Dundalk played 3 won 2 (1 was a walk over), Edenderry played 2 won 2, Barnhall played 2 won 1, Longford played 3 won 1, Navan played 3 won 1, Mullingar played 3 won 0 (gave 1 walk over). Most of the games have been really close scorelines.

Any news from the south section?
ufo
Beginner

Post by ufo »

AC pirates couldn't field a team v Enniscorthy from what I hear.....
themarblecity

Post by themarblecity »

appearntly enniscorthy and new ross are very strong this year...
enniscorthy appearntly have very good backs and a strong lineout! they have tony ryan from the leinster u19s this year and daniel pim form the youths.
i saw new ross play kilkenny.... they beat them quiet convinclingly 61-0
they had a HUGE no8 he must of been 20 stone and well over 6ft... and their scrum is strong
i hear wicklow are decent as they beat kilkenny 43-0 aswell and also beat tullow by 5 points
tullow are as usuall strong up front but offer little outside outhalf
naas are decent this year but nothing special..i saw enniscorthy beat them a few weeks ago and didnt look all that special.
i think it will end up

top: enniscorthy/new ross
third; naas
fourth;wicklow
fifth;tullow
6th;kilkenny
jaybyrne
Bookworm

Post by jaybyrne »

Wicklow beat Enniscorthy 26-12
hittheruck
Beginner

Post by hittheruck »

What's the story with Wicklow 19s this year? have they lost most of last years 18s. i assume a few are 1990s and too old. Eddie Downes transferred to barnhall to play 21s. i assume Earls is with UCD. What about the rest?
hittheruck
Beginner

Post by hittheruck »

This year, for the first time, the results and league tables will be published on the web for youth rugby, well - the Leinster Leagues anyway.
Follow the links-
PREMIER SOUTH.
http://www.sportsmanager.ie/t3.php?user ... &sportid=5
PREMIER NORTH
DIV 1 SOUTH
DIV 1 NORTH

Unfortunately, the div 1 is not up to date, perhaps if anyones involved with these sides, ask the league co-ordinator to get it up to date.

The league this year has bonus points for losing by 7 pts or less. These are not shown but I expect this will be fixed soon. There will be no bonus points for 4 tries. I think this is because it is not uncommon for teams to give a walkover and that prevents their opposition from getting a bonus points like other teams may have against the weaker sides. 4 pts win, 2 pts draw.
kickahead
Learner

remax leinster league

Post by kickahead »

predictions for the weekend...

div 1a
portlaoise v dundalk...away win losing bonus

div 1b
new ross v coolmine... home win losing bonus
tullow v garda...home win with bonus
wicklow v enniscorthy...home win losing bonus
newbridge v kilkenny... home win

div 2
north kildare v mullingar..away win
ashbourne v portarlington...home win losing bonus
athy v clondalkin...home win
gorey v longford...home win
clane v roscrea...home win

shite, i posted it on the wrong subject...sorry about that!