Sunday Club Rugby

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Sunday Rugby Move it or leave it where it is?

Leave it be sunday is ok!
16%
move it to Saturdays, Fridays or Midweek!(under lights where needed)
71%
Anything but Sundays
13%

Total votes: 56

Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Re: Sunday Club Rugby

Post by Darce »

gfo wrote:eh, whats with all the i dont play on sundays stuff? is there something on on sundays that im missing out on? its telly day in my house
People get pished on a saturday usually
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
Cheers
Beginner

Post by Cheers »

In all clubs there's a majority of players who'd rather not play on a Sunday as it interfere's with their social life, that's about it
irishjonny
Knowledgeable

Post by irishjonny »

to be fair it's not just players who want to go on the lash on saturday night. From a more practical standpoint, if you play a match on sunday then you're straight into work the next day giving your body no time to recover, add to that that a lot of the teams in the Leinster League have to do quite a bit of traveling to get to games and it just puts everyone off the whole idea. if the league moved to saturdays then you can have games on saturday's followed by pweople heading to the clubhouse afterwards and putting some money back into the club. It also means that players can keep sunday for their families which, from the experience of just my club, would make a difference in players being available, particularly for seconds and thirds games.
best quote from croker was this old boy behind me after about 65 minutes when you could see the red jerseys flooding out of the place

"Lock the gates, make them watch"

Disturbing yet arousing at the same time
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

Not10 wrote:well your wish has come through....

from Next season..All J3 games will be played on friday nights where clubs have the facilities to do so....if not back to sundays!
Seen this with the McGee cup fixtures. Half the fixtures are on SUndays. Pretty annoying as our firsts (and all other clubs 1st and 2nds ) would play on Sundays so will cuase problems with numbers I'd imagine.
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."