McGee Cup 09/10

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

tones
Shane Jennings

McGee Cup 09/10

Post by tones »

So who fancies who here? Feel Boyne or Navan will be favourites here. Although Ashbourne are a handy bunch.
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Re: McGee Cup 09/10

Post by gfo »

cant say i know much about it, but what about this North Meath team people are raving about?
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

gfo wrote:cant say i know much about it, but what about this North Meath team people are raving about?
They've qualified out of it. Well their Centre has :lol:
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
rugby678
Learner

Post by rugby678 »

tones wrote:
gfo wrote:cant say i know much about it, but what about this North Meath team people are raving about?
They self promoted, there's no direct promotion out of the magee
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

rugby678 wrote:
tones wrote:
They self promoted, there's no direct promotion out of the magee
Yeah I know. But wasn't it that the Leinster Branch who told them they had to enter this comp as a pre-cursor to the Leinster League as they were a new club?
rugby678
Learner

Post by rugby678 »

They've qualified out of it. Well their Centre has :lol:[/quote]

They self promoted, there's no direct promotion out of the magee[/quote]

Yeah I know. But wasn't it that the Leinster Branch who told them they had to enter this comp as a pre-cursor to the Leinster League as they were a new club?[/quote]

Could have did'nt hear that, just heard they decided it themselves
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

Basically before we played them we were told these guys were pretty good but had been told by the LB they had to play in the regional league first before "graduating" to the Leinster League itself.
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

tones wrote:Basically before we played them we were told these guys were pretty good but had been told by the LB they had to play in the regional league first before "graduating" to the Leinster League itself.
jesus, thats good for your morale. "just hurry up and lose so we can catch the end of home and away"
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

gfo wrote:
tones wrote:Basically before we played them we were told these guys were pretty good but had been told by the LB they had to play in the regional league first before "graduating" to the Leinster League itself.
jesus, thats good for your morale. "just hurry up and lose so we can catch the end of home and away"
Well the league is pretty small, alot of lads would know eachother. Esdp in Ashbourne, Swords and Balbriggan.
So any others in the league on here?
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

Balbriggan look strong again this year. Big team but well organised and decent tactics.
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

This league is kicking off on the weekend of Oct 2nd/3rd. Any updates on the teams?