Schools Rugby 2009-10 - SCT

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

lebowski
Learner

Schools Rugby 2009-10 - SCT

Post by lebowski »

Its early days but who are the teams to look out for this season. Have any friendly or league games been played yet. Is their any Conway or Mackin type talents in this years competition.
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Re: Schools Rugby 2009-10 - SCT

Post by Slipper1 »

lebowski wrote:Its early days but who are the teams to look out for this season. Have any friendly or league games been played yet. Is their any Conway or Mackin type talents in this years competition.
There's only going to be one winner.
Get in the f%~king bag.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

senior league starting this wednesday so we'll see whats what
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
lebowski
Learner

Post by lebowski »

Senior League Section A
CBC 59 Templeogue 0
Newbridge 72 De La Salle Churchtown 0
St Gerards 55 CUS 0

Section B
Kilkenny 6 Kings Hos 10
Wesley 0 Roscrea 29

There seems to be a huge gulf in class between the top teams in Section A and the rest. With Gonzaga also in this group, it looks like 2 from CBC, Newbridge , Gerards and Gonzaga. The way things are this year as well as last years results, its probably only a matter of time before De La Salle and Templeogue drop to Section A. I'd heard that Gerards were strong this year but its a huge shock that they could ever put 50 points on CUS.

In Section B it will probably be two from KH, Roscrea and St Andrews. I heard that Pres Bray are weak this year and are building towards the next 2 seasons when they will be strong and High School are at the same level as Wesley. But this section at leasts looks more open than Section A with no complete mismatches on the cards
bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

Goin by the schools teams for Leinster, it looks like Michaels and Rock will be strong.
denzel
Learner

Post by denzel »

If anybody talks up wood as potential winners I'm going to kick off. They shower together more than they train.
Durkah Durkah
Bookworm

Post by Durkah Durkah »

Oh please, you are clearly asking for it! I think CWC have got to be favourites.....
denzel
Learner

Post by denzel »

shall we refer back to this moment when Wood dont win the S?
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

denzel wrote:shall we refer back to this moment when Wood dont win the S?
it will be erased from history by the secret CWC world controllers if they dont win
pulldownthemaul
Beginner

Post by pulldownthemaul »

bunty85 wrote:Goin by the schools teams for Leinster, it looks like Michaels and Rock will be strong.
Michaels were beaten by Castleknock at the week-end. Are 'knock actually going to be seirious contenders. They have some serious muscle up front with Peter Reilly who I've seen play with Leinster and is a very good talent. Also Tom Austin and Ross Jones are playing with Leinster schools and I read that Sean Lacey is with leinster U19s Clubs (clubs - how does that work???) I heard they also have a very solid scrum half and full back, and a good lad from last years JCT, Joe O'Brien. Beating Michaels was a good start anyway. or were Michaels missing a ton of players?
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

pulldownthemaul wrote:
bunty85 wrote:Goin by the schools teams for Leinster, it looks like Michaels and Rock will be strong.
Michaels were beaten by Castleknock at the week-end. Are 'knock actually going to be seirious contenders. They have some serious muscle up front with Peter Reilly who I've seen play with Leinster and is a very good talent. Also Tom Austin and Ross Jones are playing with Leinster schools and I read that Sean Lacey is with leinster U19s Clubs (clubs - how does that work???) I heard they also have a very solid scrum half and full back, and a good lad from last years JCT, Joe O'Brien. Beating Michaels was a good start anyway. or were Michaels missing a ton of players?
michaels were missing 17 players in total..6 of whom are with leinster at the moment , they've got
a lot of injuries, i would say only 5from that starting xv will start in the cup . fair play to castleknock though i know they were missing a few too
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
hittheruck
Beginner

Post by hittheruck »

What 6 Michaels players are with Leinster? Marsh & McGrath with schools 18s, Mallon with U19s clubs side. who else?
rugbyrugby
Beginner

Post by rugbyrugby »

I think the captain of the sch 19s MacMahon, they also have Alex Kelly the Irish Schools centre and the 7 on the 19s, plus a few fringe players. They have alot of injuries alright and players unavailable. This Blackrock Competition will tell alot at the end of October as teams will have their full complement of players.
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

hittheruck wrote:What 6 Michaels players are with Leinster? Marsh & McGrath with schools 18s, Mallon with U19s clubs side. who else?
paddy dix, emmett mcmahon, alex kelly and chris kenna
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

rugbyrugby wrote:I think the captain of the sch 19s MacMahon, they also have Alex Kelly the Irish Schools centre and the 7 on the 19s, plus a few fringe players. They have alot of injuries alright and players unavailable. This Blackrock Competition will tell alot at the end of October as teams will have their full complement of players.
yes looking forward to that comp , should be good seeing how the best in ireland compare to england, nz and france..

i know rock and michaels are playing in it, any idead on the the other irish schools?
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

hittheruck
Beginner

Post by hittheruck »

true blue 06 wrote:
rugbyrugby wrote:I think the captain of the sch 19s MacMahon, they also have Alex Kelly the Irish Schools centre and the 7 on the 19s, plus a few fringe players. They have alot of injuries alright and players unavailable. This Blackrock Competition will tell alot at the end of October as teams will have their full complement of players.
yes looking forward to that comp , should be good seeing how the best in ireland compare to england, nz and france..

i know rock and michaels are playing in it, any idead on the the other irish schools?
Castleknock are also playing.
denzel
Learner

Post by denzel »

an entire list of all the schools entering it would be appreciated
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

denzel wrote:an entire list of all the schools entering it would be appreciated
http://www.blackrockcollege.ie/blackroc ... 148#243251

On the weekend of 24th and 25th October 2009 a unique event will take place on the sports campus of Blackrock College to mark the 150th anniversary

20 secondary schools from Ireland and the UK will compete in a two day rugby festival for three separate trophies.

The Fr Leman Trophy, the Fr Stanley Plate and the Fr Hampson Bowl have been commissioned for the cream of schools rugby to compete in what promises to be a truly spectacular two day event of all that is best in schools rugby.

Saturday kick off will be at 10.00 am sharp and over 40 games will be played on that day.
Sunday will see over 30 games played, culminating in the Finals of all three competitions on the new pitch in front of the Jubilee Hall at 3.30 pm

PARTICIPATING SCHOOLS – RUGBY FESTIVAL

1. Blackrock
2. Belvedere
3. Clongowes
4. St. Mary’s
5. St. Michael’s
6. Terenure
7. Castleknock
8. Gonzaga
9. CBC Cork
10. Pres. Cork
11. St. Munchins
12. Crescent
13. Rockwell
14. R.B.A.I
15. Methody
16. Campbell
17. Sedberg School
18. Colstons College, Bristol
19. Wellington College, Berkshire
20. Ivybridge Community College, Devon

i had thought it was more of an international competition rather than just UK and Ireland but sounds like it should be good
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

denzel
Learner

Post by denzel »

thanks for the teams.

Who do people feel are the best teams in ireland?
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

The 'Rock, CWC, Marys, and the 'Tarf are meant to be strong this year