Schools Rugby 2009-10 - JCT

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

LBar
Beginner

Re: Schools Rugby 2009-10 - JCT

Post by LBar »

terenure 46 - 7 newbridge

yikes. didnt see that one coming!
lebowski
Learner

Post by lebowski »

Bit of a shock. I honestly thought that as league champions, Newbridge would put it up to Nure. Doesn't bode well for Pres Bray next week. There is normally not a huge gap between the best league sides and the big 6 at Junior level but apart from Wesley beating Belvo, the rest have struggled.
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

St.Michaels's 21-0 Castleknock
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
gleesonisgod
Mullet

Post by gleesonisgod »

Clongowes beat Pres Bray 32-18.
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

gleesonisgod wrote:Clongowes beat Pres Bray 32-18.
The Clongowes 'Scorched Earth' policy continues on. :wink:

LEINSTER SCHOOLS JUNIOR CUP QUARTER-FINALS: Clongowes 32 Pres Bray 18: THE SIGHT of an ambulance entering the field of play is never a nice one, but it occurred just 10 minutes after the final whistle at Lakelands after Clongowes had kept their hopes of a Senior and Junior Cup double alive with a strong display. Tempers flared late on, with the result already decided, and two brawls erupted. After the game, Pres Bray number eight Cormac O’Donoghue was taken to hospital for treatment.

The events marred what had been an exciting encounter as Pres Bray threatened to clinch an unlikely draw in the final minutes before Dylan Donnellan picked up a loose ball and ran fully 90 metres to score the winning try, his second of the match.

The Kildare side had led throughout with tries from Daniel O’Sullivan and William Lappin setting up a 17-8 half-time lead, and while Pres Bray came back with Conor Pearse’s try, Donnellan scored one from close range and then finished the job late on.

Clongowes scorers : D Donnellan 2 tries; W Lappin try, 2 pens, 3 cons; D O’Sullivan try.

Pres Bray scorers : L O’Flynn Martin and C Pearse try each; D Masterson 2 pens, con.

CLONGOWES : C Burke; A Linnane, J Murphy, D O’Sullivan, C Bracken Price; W Lappin, R O’Farrell; D Carty, D Donnellan, J Inglis; M White, O Hassett; F O’Connell Hussey, A Dudeney, D Doyle. Replacements: C Roche McMenamin for Inglis (37 mins); C Gillick for O’Connell Hussey (52 mins); P Maher for O’Farrell (70 mins).

PRES BRAY : D Masterson; D Henderson, J Keating, J Curran, D Cassidy; L Maloney, J Treanor; A Stapleton, L Barrett, C Pearse; C Gleeson, J Hayes; O Moran, L O’Flynn Martin, C O’Donoghue. Replacements: O Hennessy for Maloney (60 mins); G Byrne for Curran (70 mins); H Armstrong for O’Donoghue (70 mins).

Referee : W Sheridan (ARLB).
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

Clongowes seem to be going out of there way to be physical in both JCT & SCT this won't do them any favours with refs in their attempt of the double.
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

more clongowes thuggish behaviour
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

gleesonisgod
Mullet

Post by gleesonisgod »

I only know what I have read but why would CWC pick a fight after winning? When is any scrap ever started by a player on a winning team?

Anyone know what happened the Pres fella? Was he decked? Kicked? Barged?
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!
LBar
Beginner

Post by LBar »

My last comment was taken down, probobly because i used a name or said something abusive about the clongowes player that did this. But basicly i was on the pres starting 15 and our number 8 (who to this moment is still in hospital) was first punched, and soon after, kicked in a ruck by an un-named clongowes player. I know who did it but if i say his name ill get taken down again. Their manager also refused to apologise after the game.

and also, just because i was playing for pres does not mean that this is in ANY WAY biased.
Last edited by LBar on March 2nd, 2010, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gleesonisgod
Mullet

Post by gleesonisgod »

LBar wrote:My last comment was taken down, probobly because i used a name or said something abusive about the clongowes player that did this. But basicly i was on the pres starting 15 and our number 8 was first punched, and soon after, kicked in a ruck by an un-named clongowes player. I know who did it but if i say his name ill get taken down again. Their manager also refused to apologise after the game.

and also, just because i was playing for pres does not mean that this is in ANY WAY biased.
Interesting. I'll have to take your word on it I guess.
LBar
Beginner

Post by LBar »

I have a LOT more details but moderators wont let me talk about them here
lebowski
Learner

Post by lebowski »

I'm not surprised that the Clongowes coach did not apologise. Its the Arsene Wenger way of doing things. See no evil, here no evil. If they admit anything, then they are leaving themselves open to suspensions before the semi-final. I would take everything LBar says with a pinch of salt given that he played in the game and is always going to have a one sided view of it. However from what I heard, Clongowes probably should have had a minimum of two players red carded and Pres one. Apparently Clongowes started the whole thing with an attack on the Pres number 8. Pres understandably piled in as did Clongowes. Apparently Pres started the second fight at the next ruck. The ref must have lost complete control of the game. He should have sent off the relevant players at the first fight. I understand that he did not want to end their seasons early but in my opinion it sends out the wrong message by doing nothing. He probably asked the coaches to substitute the offenders which is a cop out. LBar might be able to confirm this. I would hope that each school takes strong action against the offenders and the branch investigate. Anyone know how the Pres number 8 is now?
LBar
Beginner

Post by LBar »

lebowski wrote:I'm not surprised that the Clongowes coach did not apologise. Its the Arsene Wenger way of doing things. See no evil, here no evil. If they admit anything, then they are leaving themselves open to suspensions before the semi-final. I would take everything LBar says with a pinch of salt given that he played in the game and is always going to have a one sided view of it. However from what I heard, Clongowes probably should have had a minimum of two players red carded and Pres one. Apparently Clongowes started the whole thing with an attack on the Pres number 8. Pres understandably piled in as did Clongowes. Apparently Pres started the second fight at the next ruck. The ref must have lost complete control of the game. He should have sent off the relevant players at the first fight. I understand that he did not want to end their seasons early but in my opinion it sends out the wrong message by doing nothing. He probably asked the coaches to substitute the offenders which is a cop out. LBar might be able to confirm this. I would hope that each school takes strong action against the offenders and the branch investigate. Anyone know how the Pres number 8 is now?
Hes still in hospital. Thats how serious this was. I would admit that the second fight was started by us. But the first LARGER fight was started by Clongowes. and there were also a few other smaller "scuffles" in the game which also, were NOT initiated by pres players. 3 of our players were given manditory substitutions (including the 8 himself), to clongowes 1 player. And i also understand that you would think that i would have a one sided view of things but i again must stress that I am trying my best to remain neutral in this argument, even though i was playing.
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

are their red cards at junior level lbar or is the mandatory sub supposed to be the red card?
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

Yes, there are red cards at JCT level but no yellows. No mandatory subbing for a red card.
LBar
Beginner

Post by LBar »

The players back in school and the clongowes player has been suspended from the semi final and if they get there, probobly the final aswell.
Durkah Durkah
Bookworm

Post by Durkah Durkah »

combatlogo wrote:Yes, there are red cards at JCT level but no yellows. No mandatory subbing for a red card.
There are yellow cards now also. After the age change to tow the IRB line from April 1st to the next Jan 1st, it caused the JCT to become an Under 16 competition, hence the lineout lifting this year and yellow cards.
downtime
Beginner

Post by downtime »

There are no yellow cards in the JCT Challenge Cup competition. There was in the Junior League.
Durkah Durkah
Bookworm

Post by Durkah Durkah »

downtime wrote:There are no yellow cards in the JCT Challenge Cup competition. There was in the Junior League.
As you can see the Junior Challenge Cup is an Under 16 competition

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/domestic/sc ... srules.php

The referees have been informed that there are yellow cards

http://www.arlb.net/documents/game%20va ... 0Clubs.doc
downtime
Beginner

Post by downtime »

Durkah Durkah wrote: As you can see the Junior Challenge Cup is an Under 16 competition

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/domestic/sc ... srules.php

The referees have been informed that there are yellow cards

http://www.arlb.net/documents/game%20va ... 0Clubs.doc
Thanks - I know all that. I was just stating the fact that there are no yellow cards in the JCT Challenge Cup competition. I know it is U16, I know whats been sent to the referees and I also know that an email was sent from the schools committee stating that there will be no yellow cards in the competition.