Nass Rugby Club AIB Cup

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

WD40
Beginner

Nass Rugby Club AIB Cup

Post by WD40 »

I note in the recent match against Belfast Harlequins that Belfast played TWO overseas players against Nass!! have the rules on "Foreign Players" changed recently, i assumed you were only allowed one registered "Foreign" player per club for AIB competitions, They had a Samoan prop Alatise Ale and a Kiwi Back John Mills! Both Foreigh Players as far as i am aware. Can anyone enlighten me on what the rules are re "Foreign/Overseas players? in AIB competition

Thanks
Penetrates and Lubricates
Xplosive
Learner

Re: Nass Rugby Club AIB Cup

Post by Xplosive »

As far as im aware there are slightly different eligibility rules for south sea islanders, or possibly one of the two players has an EU passport. Either way I would leave it to the club officers to sort out through the proper channells rather than a public forum.
WD40
Beginner

Post by WD40 »

Xplosive was not intending to start a debate on a public forum one is just curious to what the rules are.i know that the eligibility for South Sea Islanders is more relaxed here but different up North! Both of them do not have EU passports (afaik )and both transferred from EU clubs. so i was just curious if any of our ever so wise posters could shed light on the matter as i am not so sure of the rules

Thank you

WD40
Pete de Villier
Beginner

Post by Pete de Villier »

Naas were the same when they were a Junior Club, Sh*t at taking a defeat :clap: :clap:
WD40
Beginner

Post by WD40 »

Pete de Villier wrote:Naas were the same when they were a Junior Club, Sh*t at taking a defeat :clap: :clap:
PDV is that really called for? is a genuine quest for what the ruling is i have searched IRFU site and have tried to telephone them but i cant get answer. Do teams have to submit what their Oversea./Foreign/EU to D4 i do not know the answer nor can i be given one.So i thought maybe just maybe some one here might help Call me an old stickler for rules if you want.
Xplosive
Learner

Post by Xplosive »

My point is wd40 that there are better ways of finding out this info without posting accusations that may well be unfounded against BH on a public forum. Have you contacted anyone in your club for example, who ever looks after senior registration in your club would have access to the IRFU database and would be able to clear this up in a matter of minutes. Are you enquiring in an official capacity or out of curiosity? If its the first your incompetent and if its the second your just stirring it up!!!
Not Releasing
Bookworm

Post by Not Releasing »

You are allowed one overseas player and one contonou agreement player, the islander would come under the contonou agreement as it covers the south seas, caribbean and africa, the overseas covers all other non-eu countries.
WD40
Beginner

Post by WD40 »

Not Releasing wrote:You are allowed one overseas player and one contonou agreement player, the islander would come under the contonou agreement as it covers the south seas, caribbean and africa, the overseas covers all other non-eu countries.
Thanks does the Contonu agreement apply to the North as its is the UK?? XP thanks for your advice but really it is just a thirst for knowledge nothing as sinister as you are trying to imply
Not Releasing
Bookworm

Post by Not Releasing »

The Contonu agreement is an EU agreement, so yes it applies to the UK and the IRFU govern rugby in the 6 counties as well, you can download a copy of their handbook and it covers all eligibility issues.
Durkah Durkah
Bookworm

Post by Durkah Durkah »

http://www.irishrugby.ie/downloads/AIB_ ... _09-10.pdf

See pages 72-73

There are a number of perfectly legal reasons why two foreign players could be on the pitch. You could actually have 3 foreign players without EU passports and without the 3 year residency clause. 1. foreign player 2. club professional 3. conteneau player.
WD40
Beginner

Post by WD40 »

Durkah Durkah wrote:http://www.irishrugby.ie/downloads/AIB_ ... _09-10.pdf

See pages 72-73

There are a number of perfectly legal reasons why two foreign players could be on the pitch. You could actually have 3 foreign players without EU passports and without the 3 year residency clause. 1. foreign player 2. club professional 3. conteneau player.
YUP i understand that BUt what "IF" both are out and out "Overseas" players is it a good idea to play them on the "Precentage Game" Do it till we are caught and sure we only forfiet 1 game as the CMC do not go back to previous games!! and i have check on the contenean players etc it does not apply to Samoans up North
Bonzorugby

Post by Bonzorugby »

Here is the bottom line big shots!

1. Ale Alatise is an irish qualified player as he is married to a girl from Belfast.

2. John Mills is also an irish qualified player as his grandmother was from Ardenlee ave. in Belfast.

I'm sure if you had asked on Saturday, one of the Quins officials or supporters would have set you straight.
Do you honestly think that Gordon Black would allow us to play 2 overseas players?
Quins overseas player, will be Tamaiti Houra - subject to release by Ulster!
WD40
Beginner

Post by WD40 »

Bonzorugby wrote:Here is the bottom line big shots!

1. Ale Alatise is an irish qualified player as he is married to a girl from Belfast.

2. John Mills is also an irish qualified player as his grandmother was from Ardenlee ave. in Belfast.

I'm sure if you had asked on Saturday, one of the Quins officials or supporters would have set you straight.
Do you honestly think that Gordon Black would allow us to play 2 overseas players?
Chum dont get your panties in a twist i was just trying to find what the ruling is for overseas players HOWEVER i do not think that being married to someone is a creteria to be classified as "Irish " whats next a player had a great granny who owned a wolf hound or he had "i am Irish kiss me hat on during Paddys Day in Otago" Surprised that Mills did not go to Malone if his granny is from Ardenlee area of Belfast But thanks for your insight
WD40
Beginner

Post by WD40 »

No not really but would you have told him?
Bonzorugby

Post by Bonzorugby »

You've got issues bubby.
WD40
Beginner

Post by WD40 »

No bubby Bozo i do not I only asked a civil question in return i would expect a civil answer.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Not Releasing wrote:The Contonu agreement is an EU agreement, so yes it applies to the UK and the IRFU govern rugby in the 6 counties as well, you can download a copy of their handbook and it covers all eligibility issues.
It may well be an EU agreement but the UK government can still block rugby and cricket players.
Cheers
Beginner

Post by Cheers »

WD40 wrote:
Bonzorugby wrote:Here is the bottom line big shots!

Chum dont get your panties in a twist i was just trying to find what the ruling is for overseas players HOWEVER i do not think that being married to someone is a creteria to be classified as "Irish " whats next a player had a great granny who owned a wolf hound or he had "i am Irish kiss me hat on during Paddys Day in Otago" Surprised that Mills did not go to Malone if his granny is from Ardenlee area of Belfast But thanks for your insight
Actually being married to an Irish girl is criteria to being classified as Irish as the person is then entitled to apply for Irish/British citizenship (varying as they're from the North)

To be fair man you've been give all possible answers in a reasonible manner but now you're just stirring
WD40
Beginner

Post by WD40 »

Actually being married to an Irish girl is criteria to being classified as Irish as the person is then entitled to apply for Irish/British citizenship (varying as they're from the North)
My information is :if married to an Irish lass in the North you also have to have residency for a period (2-3 years normally) THEN sit a citizenship board etc THAT hardly applies in this case.NOT stirring just want to get to the bottom of what is the ACTUAL ruling > I am also told that if a player from England/Wales or SCotland wants to play in the North they are classified an EU players (Is the North not park of UK) and players have to dance through all sorts of legal hoops to play up there Anyway is it beyond the realms of possibility they may have made a "mistake"
Pete de Villier
Beginner

Post by Pete de Villier »

If Naas have a problem, lodge a complaint, otherwise, drop it. It has been said before, this is not the place for accusations....

Make it official, or except the result!