AIB League Round 8 Results and Tables

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

happyaslarry182
Beginner

AIB League Round 8 Results and Tables

Post by happyaslarry182 »

gleesonisgod
Mullet

Re: AIB League Round 8 Results and Tables

Post by gleesonisgod »

Fockin' hell! Look at the age profile of the 'Rock backline!

9 David Moore, 10 Ian Madigan, 11 Andrew Conway, 12, K. Tonetti, 13 Brendan Macken, 14 Shane Monahan, 15 Niall Morris
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!
bgmusic
Knowledgeable

Post by bgmusic »

Yes,but look at recent results.they lost today to Cork Con with a pack including Strauss,Trevor Hogan and Des Dillon plus all the backs you mention.By the way,where is Gary Brown,surely he would add vital experience to that backline.
gleesonisgod
Mullet

Post by gleesonisgod »

bgmusic wrote:Yes,but look at recent results.they lost today to Cork Con with a pack including Strauss,Trevor Hogan and Des Dillon plus all the backs you mention.By the way,where is Gary Brown,surely he would add vital experience to that backline.
Rumour (over the Summer) was that he had joined The Chaps.

I know their results haven't been amazing but can you imagine what they'll be like in a year or so.
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!
FrankBurke
Mullet

Post by FrankBurke »

bgmusic wrote:Yes,but look at recent results.they lost today to Cork Con with a pack including Strauss,Trevor Hogan and Des Dillon plus all the backs you mention.By the way,where is Gary Brown,surely he would add vital experience to that backline.
I was at the Cork Con v Rock game. Rock were v unlucky, second Con try was more of a knock-on than downward pressure. Rock had a penalty in front of the posts at the end of the game for the draw but Madigan hit the post.

A draw would ahve been a fair result, cracking game.

V good standard in the AIB League. Again this weekend three of the games in Division 1A were decided by less than seven points.
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

Good point, they've really let their standards drop in the last 2/3 months. I wouldn't have Brown in there ahead of many players except Morris, who I really don't think has shown any promise in a Leinster jersey. I'm very surprised to see him being picked at full-back ahead of Conway or Madigan (who could move there with James Power coming in at out-half) because he's pretty dodgy under a high ball.

Great to see so many young lads getting regular game time at a reasonably high level however; it's not beyond the bounds of possibility that a similar back-line could line up for the Leinster full team some day.
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
mfjoc
Graduate

Post by mfjoc »

What do people make of our reserve scrum half throwing the ball directly into touch after 80 minutes and conceding a penalty which Young Munster converted to win the match by a point?
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

mfjoc wrote:What do people make of our reserve scrum half throwing the ball directly into touch after 80 minutes and conceding a penalty which Young Munster converted to win the match by a point?
I think thats actually only a free kick for throwing the ball out of play deliberately
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
gleesonisgod
Mullet

Post by gleesonisgod »

mfjoc wrote:What do people make of our reserve scrum half throwing the ball directly into touch after 80 minutes and conceding a penalty which Young Munster converted to win the match by a point?
It happens. I was playing a match at the start of the year and our scrummie did it.
mfjoc
Graduate

Post by mfjoc »

The reason I raised it is that I am old enough to remember(just about) that Ireland lost out on a triple crown in the 1960's because one of our players passed the ball directly into touch. I think it was against England and they landed the kick to draw the match at 9-9.
FrankBurke
Mullet

Post by FrankBurke »

mfjoc wrote:The reason I raised it is that I am old enough to remember(just about) that Ireland lost out on a triple crown in the 1960's because one of our players passed the ball directly into touch. I think it was against England and they landed the kick to draw the match at 9-9.
our scrum-half, Brendan Sherry from Terenure, threw the ball into touch and Bob Hiller put over a monster penalty form the touchline. I can still remember it in vivid black and white!!