Castleknock College R.I.P.

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

WHOCARES
Beginner

Re: Castleknock College R.I.P.

Post by WHOCARES »

Did Brian Collins write this?
gleesonisgod
Mullet

Post by gleesonisgod »

Collins wasn't on the 20s Grandslam team. It was Keatley and O'Connor I think. He was class in 6th year but never really did anything when he left. Played 19s and irregular AIL but that's about it.

That 2006 Marys Knock match was a vintage schools tie. A friend of mine had some youngish German cousins over and didn't know what to do with them so he took them along to that match. They hadn't a clue about rugby. Sat in the Castleknock side for the first half and cheered for them then switched to the Marys side for the second half. He said it absolutely blew their mind.
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!
theendofeverything

Post by theendofeverything »

Marys and Knock had another great match in the mid 90s when knock had their own version of the `dream team`, knock lost by a point in the end. I think it was the semis.

The problem with Castleknock is the coaching in the school has been successively brutal for 20+ years. This meant that they couldn`t ride the wave that Michael`s and Belvo (schools they were reviously at a similar level to) rode to become more consistent and get in among Rock et al over the last 10 years. Under Mick and Charlie Quinn they got results (successive semis in the SCT if I remember correctly) in the late 90s early 2000s, but it was awful 10 man stuff, and we were lucky to get that far.

If you consider Devin Toners` year as an example - the talent they had was brilliant but they never did anything in the Js and got knocked out in the second round in the SCT 2 years running.
madridlion
Knowledgeable

Post by madridlion »

Great victory for Knock over Mary´s, 18-3.

Next up Clongowes or Belevedere and then semi against probably Rock or Nure.

Our name is on the cup this year.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

madridlion wrote:Great victory for Knock over Mary´s, 18-3.

Next up Clongowes or Belevedere and then semi against probably Rock or Nure.

Our name is on the cup this year.
Eh... no it's not! :?