Anderson Cup (provincal 3rds)

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

hands away
Bookworm

Re: Anderson Cup (provincal 3rds)

Post by hands away »

agree with you there, the branch seem to have made a mountain out of a mole hill with that one. thread on the other site is a joke at this stage, alot of tullow players (probably rightly) feeling sorry for themselves and now getting desperate and trying to drum up a crowd.

i assume if it was as straight forward as they're painting the replay would have been ordered or clondalkin might have even offered one. these objection cases are a farce anyway, theres too many gray areas, branch shouldnt be passing the buck either, clondalkin being shown in a bad light because of that, and i can only speak from my own personal dealings with them but always seemed like one of the more easy going clubs so is a bit harsh on both teams really.

whole comp tainted this year i think, too late in the day for a replay, and has taking the gloss off the final now either way i'd say.
Let the bears pay the bear tax!
was never late ref
Learner

Post by was never late ref »

I was also following this , its Interesting all right,

And I am sure we will have the Tullow chaps coming on and saying that it was an admin error / mistake and how the proper rugby clubs would agree to a replay.. etc etc etc

Tullow say they put the wrong name on the team sheet !! both players with similar names ....yada yada .. heard it all before..
or others might say they were playing a banger !!! ....... it amounts to the same thing.

Why should Clondalkin offer a replay for something that the BRANCH deemed wrong and worthy of expulsion !!
But are we not all better off with this sort of thing getting the same outcome, expulsion from the competition and learn your lessons !!
I have heard of other clubs been expelled , Blackrock IIRC (my apologies if i'm wrong), and was there not a Metro dream team thrown out of a J4 cup this year ? ( i may also have those details wrong)

time to grow up Tullow and accept that this is YOUR OWN FAULT.
"it was late in your opinion ref, personally i believe i hit him as soon as i could !!!! "
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

was never late ref wrote:I have heard of other clubs been expelled , Blackrock IIRC (my apologies if i'm wrong), and was there not a Metro dream team thrown out of a J4 cup this year ? ( i may also have those details wrong)
Not Blackrock anyway!! Greystones J4 were made to play up in the J3 cup if thats what you mean...
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

hands away wrote:agree with you there, the branch seem to have made a mountain out of a mole hill with that one. thread on the other site is a joke at this stage, alot of tullow players (probably rightly) feeling sorry for themselves and now getting desperate and trying to drum up a crowd.

i assume if it was as straight forward as they're painting the replay would have been ordered or clondalkin might have even offered one. these objection cases are a farce anyway, theres too many gray areas, branch shouldnt be passing the buck either, clondalkin being shown in a bad light because of that, and i can only speak from my own personal dealings with them but always seemed like one of the more easy going clubs so is a bit harsh on both teams really.

whole comp tainted this year i think, too late in the day for a replay, and has taking the gloss off the final now either way i'd say.
Actually, I don't think there should have been a replay. Teams will continue to play/mess around if they know that a replay is the only sanction that will be imposed. Disqualification will stamp this sort of shyte out.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.