Any players intrested in playing junior rugby

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

David Reid
Learner

Any players intrested in playing junior rugby

Post by David Reid »

Any players intrested in playing Leinster Junior Rrugby

The standard is good espc in Div 1A. The club i play for has 4/5 players how are in there mid to late 20's played AIL and moved to Junior rugby and never looked back

The matches are on saturdays and in the leinster region so at lease all your saturday isnt wasted

If your in between the 1st and 2nd of an AIL team its way handier then travelling around the country on a saturday and playing a seconds game on a sunday

Plus there is also the prospect of playing Leinster Juniors
Failure can't handle perseverance
groundhog
Knowledgeable

Re: Any players intrested in playing junior rugby

Post by groundhog »

Are the odds not in favour of Monkstown playing Sunday rugby next year?
The French pulled up the Scots' kilts and discovered they had no balls - Zinzan Brooke
David Reid
Learner

Post by David Reid »

I wouldnt say that they are in favour of Monkstown going down. Id call it 50/50
We are going to do our best against a strong newbridge side
The pint glass is half full on this one plus will know by sunday 5pm
beechers
Learner

Post by beechers »

David Reid wrote:I wouldnt say that they are in favour of Monkstown going down. Id call it 50/50
We are going to do our best against a strong newbridge side
The pint glass is half full on this one plus will know by sunday 5pm
I reckon its 50/50 also, should be good match Garda pitch is hard and fast at the moment.

As for form Portlaois beat newbridge in the towns cup but newbirdge were missing 3/4 starting backs and it showed they were beaten out wide so hard to judge. This sunday will show how much of a gap between bottom/top of 1a/1b if anyway
David Reid
Learner

Post by David Reid »

you also have to factor in that town beat coolmine but they were ment to be missing a good couple of players too
but i wouldnt read anything into the recent matches cause there prob a certian element of newbridge not showing there hand
groundhog
Knowledgeable

Post by groundhog »

You missed the point, the winners aren't guaranteed promotion. That requires Seapoint to go up and for Naas not to be relegated along side Carlow so the odds are in favour of Monkstown/Newbridge being in 1B next season, anyway best of luck to both sides.
The French pulled up the Scots' kilts and discovered they had no balls - Zinzan Brooke
David Reid
Learner

Post by David Reid »

I suppose there would be an element of bad form about making two teams play a play off and then move both back to div1B
but sure several things could happen between now and then
The Galloping Ghost
Learner

Post by The Galloping Ghost »

The news coming from the Newbridge camp is that they are pretty much resigned to the fact that they will be playing in Div 1B next season. Their attention has now moved away from the playoff and is now firmly on the Hosie Cup final with Portlaosie providing the opposition again. This time I don't think it will be such a one sided affair, with those players who missed the Towns Cup match being back in the fold. It is unfortunate that neither Monkstown or Newbridge realistically have a chance of playing rugby in Div 1A as it'll probably just end up being basically the equivilant of a friendly, hopefully the weather will hold up and both teams can throw the ball about a bit and give both sets of supporters a cracking match.
silly punt
Enlightened

Post by silly punt »

The Galloping Ghost wrote:The news coming from the Newbridge camp is that they are pretty much resigned to the fact that they will be playing in Div 1B next season. Their attention has now moved away from the playoff and is now firmly on the Hosie Cup final with Portlaosie providing the opposition again. This time I don't think it will be such a one sided affair, with those players who missed the Towns Cup match being back in the fold. It is unfortunate that neither Monkstown or Newbridge realistically have a chance of playing rugby in Div 1A as it'll probably just end up being basically the equivilant of a friendly, hopefully the weather will hold up and both teams can throw the ball about a bit and give both sets of supporters a cracking match.
Nice try :lol: to take the pressure of your team. Anybody I've spoken to seems to have a different view.
Experience is the name everyone gives to their failures
David Reid
Learner

Post by David Reid »

Ive a mate playing for newbridge and he has said exactly the opposite to whats said up above i hear they are chomping at the bit for the town game and rested some fellas casue they knew town would be watching them in the first match against port
silly punt
Enlightened

Post by silly punt »

The Galloping Ghost wrote:The news coming from the Newbridge camp is that they are pretty much resigned to the fact that they will be playing in Div 1B next season. Their attention has now moved away from the playoff and is now firmly on the Hosie Cup final with Portlaosie providing the opposition again. This time I don't think it will be such a one sided affair, with those players who missed the Towns Cup match being back in the fold. It is unfortunate that neither Monkstown or Newbridge realistically have a chance of playing rugby in Div 1A as it'll probably just end up being basically the equivilant of a friendly, hopefully the weather will hold up and both teams can throw the ball about a bit and give both sets of supporters a cracking match.
Just aswell Jimmy is coaching the team & not you Ghost :lol: :clap:
Experience is the name everyone gives to their failures
The Galloping Ghost
Learner

Post by The Galloping Ghost »

Mind games SP, all about the mind games!! :D