Leinster Juniors 2010

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

David Reid
Learner

Leinster Juniors 2010

Post by David Reid »

Leinster Juniors

Junior Squad:

FORWARDS: Cillian Duffy, Nico Vorster (Both Boyne), Grant Wattleworth (Carlow IT), Barry White, Damien Broughall, Billy O'Shea, Eamon Hyland, Graham Maher (All Cill Dara), Paul Meegan (Dundalk), Luke Goff, Brendan Kelly, Sean Wall, Graham Murphy (All Enniscorthy), John Phelan, Liam Phelan (Both Kilkenny), James Clifford, Marcus Stewart (Both Monkstown), Mark Southern, John Southern, Johnny Downey (All Newbridge), Cathal Bannon, Declan Hennessy (Both Portarlington), Robert Dempsey (Roscrea), Stephen Verso, Ben Focas, Johnny Walsh, Des Doyle (All Seapoint), Ross McAuley, Ronan Connolly (Both Skerries), David Hanlon (Tullamore), John Southern (Wexford)

BACKS: Johnny Butterworth (Arklow), Gavin Kennedy (Ashbourne), Brian Collins, Harry Kennedy, Bevan Duffy (All Boyne), David Stacey, Niall O'Donoghue (Both Coolmine), Gearoid McDonald, Stephen McGee (Both Dundalk), Richard Dunne (Enniscorthy), Kieran Howlin (New Ross), Peter Sutton, Karl Darragh (Both Newbridge), David Murphy (Portarlington), Brian Keegan (Seapoint), Derek Keane, Paul Devitt, David Quirke (All Skerries), Richard Hughes, Aaron Devrell (Both Tullamore), William O'Brien (Tullow), Barry Lynn (Wicklow)

It a bit hard to get carried away with it espc when you consider there is 31 forwards and 22 back named. So 31 players to be cut ot get down to the match day squad hmmmm. Rumours that including selectors there is a 16 man backroom team

The munster boys have already played a match against an Nenagh. The munster boys were very well kitted out last year wonder if the leinster boys are in for the same treatment this year!!

They are playing munster on the 24th of april at seapoint
Connaght 1st of may away
Ulster away on the 8th of may
Failure can't handle perseverance
beechers
Learner

Re: Leinster Juniors 2010

Post by beechers »

Looks just like a politically correct extended squad, not possible to look at 53 people over a few training sessions hence starting 15 already selected I imagine
Not Releasing
Bookworm

Post by Not Releasing »

Thinking about it, logic dictates that straight away the Seapoint lads are gone, leaving 48, probably a few more unavailable due to work and study commitments so you're probably left with 40ish, a couple of weeks training then trial game, which will reduce the squad to 30ish, throw in game another against DLSP and you have 25 players for the inter-pro. Large squad covers all bases

Can't understand Division 3 players been included but they might step up....

Any obvious players not included? Only 2 from Coolmine?
David Reid
Learner

Post by David Reid »

No coolmine forward at all and one seapoint back
There a guy in Monkstown played for blackrock first for 4/5 years and he didnt get a selected
Is there a policy where no over seas players are selected cause almost everyteam i have come across has a couple of islanders etc?
All players are asked about availability etc but training is on mondays and wednesday until the first match so include club training on tuesdays and thursdays
groundhog
Knowledgeable

Post by groundhog »

Islanders are eligible as is anyone playing Junior rugby.
The French pulled up the Scots' kilts and discovered they had no balls - Zinzan Brooke
groundhog
Knowledgeable

Post by groundhog »

The Back-room team is only manager, 2 coaches, video analyst and bagman with a medical team of three. There is a techical advisor and conditioner attached but they are in a very limited capacity.
The French pulled up the Scots' kilts and discovered they had no balls - Zinzan Brooke
gleesonisgod
Mullet

Post by gleesonisgod »

groundhog wrote:The Back-room team is only manager, 2 coaches, video analyst and bagman with a medical team of three. There is a techical advisor and conditioner attached but they are in a very limited capacity.
That's still A LOT!
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!
Pete de Villier
Beginner

Post by Pete de Villier »

Good squad and coaching team lets hope they they don't start losing :wink:
Last edited by Pete de Villier on March 26th, 2010, 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
d angry kid
Beginner

Post by d angry kid »

Pete de Villier wrote:Good squad and coaching team but let's just hope they don't start losing
Here pete that's gettin a bit too personal... If you ask me the guy has the potential to bring the Leinster Juniors to another level as he did with his previous club. Levels your club would not know much about perhaps and the way they are going never will???
silly punt
Enlightened

Post by silly punt »

Pete, I partake in plenty of banter and slagging, but this proves you really are a complete fool, I suggest you remove your comments.

Mods, this is a joke I have seen comments much less vindictive and personal removed.

DAK will you also edit your post to remove his ridiculous comments.
Experience is the name everyone gives to their failures
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

silly punt wrote:Pete, I partake in plenty of banter and slagging, but this proves you really are a complete fool, I suggest you remove your comments.

Mods, this is a joke I have seen comments much less vindictive and personal removed.

DAK will you also edit your post to remove his ridiculous comments.
My,my we are very touchy aren't we!
d angry kid
Beginner

Post by d angry kid »

heard roughly 35 showed for training. take it seapoint and and any players involved in towns cup weren't der. when is the final cut? will they be available?
bout time a cill dara front row made it- consistently one of if not the best pack in the LL for the last 3 seasons.
a good spread but have to agree with a previous poster and ask how 3rd and even certain 2nd div players make it.
David Reid
Learner

Post by David Reid »

Junior squad being cut and first match on this friday Bective as far as i know only a week before interpro looks like they are cutting things tight
groundhog
Knowledgeable

Post by groundhog »

Juniors are playing Old Wesley in Donnybrook on Friday evening.
smurf
Beginner

Post by smurf »

have the senior clubs not finished apart from the playoff contenders??? can t see it being much of a match for the juniors if they are with im sure most senior players finished with rugby for the yr...suppose will be good for them just to get another match under the belt...best of luck to all involved!!
groundhog
Knowledgeable

Post by groundhog »

Good run-out for the Juniors won 45 -21. 7 tries to three.

Next game Munster in Seapoint.
LeinsterGiant
Beginner

Post by LeinsterGiant »

ll div 3 players stepped up, esp butterworth..shouldnt be in arklow fullstop.
David Reid
Learner

Post by David Reid »

It will be intresting to see how the juniors turn out esp with only one game under ther belt
Also i assume it will be stacked with seapoint tullamore and boyne boys who from what ive heard havnt trained much with the squad
Here there is some very handy fella there espc the full back from coolmine
Not Releasing
Bookworm

Post by Not Releasing »

Shock horror representative team contain players from Top 3 clubs in Leinster, I'd be more worried if they weren't playing, plus the Boyne lads have been training...
David Reid
Learner

Post by David Reid »

but tullamore arnt in the top three in leinster
looks like only one seapoint fella turned up and 3 boyne guys and no tullamore long season they might not be intrested