NUIM Barnhall

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

gleesonisgod
Mullet

NUIM Barnhall

Post by gleesonisgod »

Have they merged? When did this happen? Great decision if they have,. Maynooth isn't really big enough for 2 teams so you would hope it will be a case of 1+1=3.

Should have a great 21's side now.
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!
Amz
Mullet

Re: NUIM Barnhall

Post by Amz »

Merged at end of last season, this is their first official season as NUIM Barnhall. They look to have some very impressive young guys coming through alright, they've had a good relationship in recent years with rugby scholarships etc, even their ladies side is coming along quite well and this merger will bolster them too.
pulldownthemaul
Beginner

Post by pulldownthemaul »

It should work very well if they can manage to hold on to the lads who come in to the club via the scholarships they are offering in N.U.I.Maynooth. The problem is that once the players have used the scholarship to get into their desired course in the uni a lot of them will leave Barnhall after first year of uni to go to other clubs who offer more money or they think they have better prospects.

It will be tough for North Kildare as a rugby club though. Poor NK had a woeful season in 09/10 and this will be another nail in their coffin.
bluerugbyrules
Learner

Post by bluerugbyrules »

Good luck to them out in maynooth. Hopefully Leinster will (in years to come) have another big club to challenge the Munster clubs.

Apparently, not only do the lads on scholarships get money, they also get 50 points off their course requirement to get into the university.

I wonder will they change their kit?
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

As far as I know only the crest is being changed. That could just be for this season though. Think they're developing a new site though, so could see more of what they plan on that.

They're hosting a huge ladies blitz day on Sunday should get them a bit of publicity, at least locally.