Youth rugby in Leinster (u17) (u19)

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Re: Youth rugby in Leinster (u17) (u19)

Postby Armchair » March 15th, 2013, 5:11 pm

ormond lad wrote:Athy and Navan play in the Leinster under 19 final on saturday in Maynooth
Who are favourites to win this. Navan won all ireland u17 last year, with Fergal Cleary(currently starting Irish u18 schools and was main player with Clongowes SCT) their main player but he's obv inelgible, so I assume they will be favourites to win
Munster under 17 and under 19 finals are on Saturday in Cork.
Highfield play Bandon in 19s and Waterpark and Clonakilty are in the 17s


Navan doing great work at youths level and developing some really good players over the last few years. Nice to see a senior club developing a few for themselves!
User avatar
Armchair
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2483
Joined: January 29th, 2009, 10:16 am

Re: Youth rugby in Leinster (u17) (u19)

Postby ormond lad » March 15th, 2013, 6:51 pm

Armchair wrote:
ormond lad wrote:Athy and Navan play in the Leinster under 19 final on saturday in Maynooth
Who are favourites to win this. Navan won all ireland u17 last year, with Fergal Cleary(currently starting Irish u18 schools and was main player with Clongowes SCT) their main player but he's obv inelgible, so I assume they will be favourites to win
Munster under 17 and under 19 finals are on Saturday in Cork.
Highfield play Bandon in 19s and Waterpark and Clonakilty are in the 17s


Navan doing great work at youths level and developing some really good players over the last few years. Nice to see a senior club developing a few for themselves!

Ah they always do develop players themselves as they are not near many schools who take all their players from the age of 12 until the players are 18/19.
Navans 19s side would be even stronger if they had the likes of Fergal Cleary now in Clongowes.
Armchair who is likely to win?
All Ireland semis at 17s/19s scheduled for April 13th
Connacht champs host Munster champs. Not sure of home/away status of Leinster v Ulster champs in other semi
Final scheduled for April 20th in Naas
ormond lad
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 432
Joined: September 30th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Re: Youth rugby in Leinster (u17) (u19)

Postby Armchair » March 16th, 2013, 10:02 am

I would fancy Navan, but Athy have been doing well underage and I am sure they would loved to have Loughman now of Blacrock loose head former 8 with . Navan by 7 for me!
User avatar
Armchair
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2483
Joined: January 29th, 2009, 10:16 am

Re: Youth rugby in Leinster (u17) (u19)

Postby ormond lad » March 16th, 2013, 9:15 pm

Navan beat Athy 12-8
ormond lad
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 432
Joined: September 30th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Re: Youth rugby in Leinster (u17) (u19)

Postby Armchair » March 17th, 2013, 10:42 am

ormond lad wrote:Navan beat Athy 12-8


Close enough
User avatar
Armchair
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2483
Joined: January 29th, 2009, 10:16 am

Re: Youth rugby in Leinster (u17) (u19)

Postby ormond lad » April 11th, 2013, 6:45 pm

All Ireland Semi Finals this weekend
Saturday April 13th
under 19
Buccaneers v Bandon, Showgrounds 2.30pm
Navan v Larne, Dundalk RFC, 3pm

under 17
Sligo v Clonakilty, Showgrounds, 2.30pm
Navan v Virginia, Dundalk RFC 1pm
ormond lad
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 432
Joined: September 30th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Re: Youth rugby in Leinster (u17) (u19)

Postby Barry » April 18th, 2013, 1:12 pm

1.30PM ALL-IRELAND U17 FINAL NAVAN vs. SLIGO VENUE – NAAS RFC

3.15PM ALL-IRELAND U19 FINAL NAVAN vs. BANDON VENUE – NAAS RFC

looking forward to a Navan / Leinster double on Saturday
Barry
Bookworm
 
Posts: 149
Joined: February 20th, 2009, 5:16 pm
Location: Dunsany

Re: Youth rugby in Leinster (u17) (u19)

Postby ormond lad » April 20th, 2013, 4:29 pm

Navan won the 17s final 30-18 and latest score from 19s is Bandon 12 Navan 0
ormond lad
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 432
Joined: September 30th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Re: Youth rugby in Leinster (u17) (u19)

Postby ormond lad » October 27th, 2013, 1:14 am

Leinster Leagues started last weekend. anyone know how theyre going?
At 19s there is 1 group with 6 sides and 2 with 7 sides.
At 17s 3 sections with north and south divisions with 30+ sides competing.
Navan look strong at 17s yet again as they seek an unprecedented 3rd all Ireland in a row at this age group. they opened their leinster league account with a 70 point to 15 win over Naas last weekend
Naas and Navan will be amongst the contenders at under 19 level
ormond lad
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 432
Joined: September 30th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Re: Youth rugby in Leinster (u17) (u19)

Postby Not Releasing » October 29th, 2013, 6:02 pm

Skerries 17s are very strong, beat Tullamore 59-0 at the weekend, beat Cill Dara 27-8 the week before and are unbeaten this season including an area win over Navan (both teams were missing their Leinster players)

In the 19s hard to see anything but a Navan win but Mullingar and Gorey will be strong. Wexford and Naas will be there abouts as well.
User avatar
Not Releasing
Bookworm
 
Posts: 191
Joined: August 8th, 2007, 1:08 pm

Re: Youth rugby in Leinster (u17) (u19)

Postby ormond lad » January 27th, 2014, 7:37 pm

U19 Premier semi finals were played Saturday
Navan beat Wexford Wanderers 26-8 while Ardee-Dundalk beat Mullingar 15-12
ormond lad
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 432
Joined: September 30th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Re: Youth rugby in Leinster (u17) (u19)

Postby ormond lad » February 13th, 2014, 4:58 pm

Is their any reason why Leinster website hasnt been updating league competitions in fixtures/results section.
Under 19 league for example only has mention of first phase of league and nothing on knockout stages in any division
ormond lad
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 432
Joined: September 30th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Re: Youth rugby in Leinster (u17) (u19)

Postby the spoofer » February 13th, 2014, 5:58 pm

ormond lad wrote:Is their any reason why Leinster website hasnt been updating league competitions in fixtures/results section.
Under 19 league for example only has mention of first phase of league and nothing on knockout stages in any division


I can only assume that its due to competition co-ordinators not putting them up. There have been a lot of cancellations and cup competitions are taking priority at the moment with league games put back.
User avatar
the spoofer
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2030
Joined: February 17th, 2006, 6:35 pm
Location: Leinster West

Re: Youth rugby in Leinster (u17) (u19)

Postby Barry » February 14th, 2014, 2:12 pm

U17 & U19 league finals both scheduled for Templeville Road - Sunday 9th March
Barry
Bookworm
 
Posts: 149
Joined: February 20th, 2009, 5:16 pm
Location: Dunsany

Re: Youth rugby in Leinster (u17) (u19)

Postby ormond lad » February 14th, 2014, 8:32 pm

the spoofer wrote:
ormond lad wrote:Is their any reason why Leinster website hasnt been updating league competitions in fixtures/results section.
Under 19 league for example only has mention of first phase of league and nothing on knockout stages in any division


I can only assume that its due to competition co-ordinators not putting them up. There have been a lot of cancellations and cup competitions are taking priority at the moment with league games put back.

thanks.

Irish Youths team named for tomorrows opening international of the year
15. Ciaran Frawley (Skerries RFC/Leinster)
14. Patrick Daly (Ballinrobe RFC/Connacht)
13. Ronan Wallace (Mullingar RFC/Leinster)
12. Kieran Joyce (Silhillians RFC/Exile)
11. Brian Fanning (Bruff RFC/Munster)
10. Brett Connon (Newcastle Falcons/Exile)
9. Andrew Feeney (Suttonians RFC/Leinster)
1. Philip Poillot (Clonakilty RFC/Munster)
2. Dylan Power (Waterpark RFC/Munster)
3. Jake Byrne (Northampton Saints/Exile)
4. Hugh Sloan (Bath RFC/Exile)
5. Sean O'Leary (Midleton RFC/Munster)
6. Matthew Cosgrove (Sligo RFC/Connacht)
7. Conor Farrell (Navan RFC/Leinster)
8. Neil Reilly (Ardee RFC/Leinster) (capt)
Replacements:
16. Adam McBurney (Randalstown RFC/Ulster)
17. Vakhtang Abdaladze (Coolmine RFC/Leinster)
18. Ben Betts (Young Munster RFC/Munster)
19. Joseph Carley (Enniscorthy RFC/Leinster)
20. Josh Barnes (Tralee RFC/Munster)
21. Conor Hand (Navan RFC/Leinster)
22. Cameron Fullerton (Coleraine RFC/Ulster)
23. Colin Kenny (Buccaneers RFC/Connacht)
ormond lad
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 432
Joined: September 30th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Re: Youth rugby in Leinster (u17) (u19)

Postby ormond lad » March 9th, 2014, 8:48 pm

Skerries won u17 Leinster title beating Navan 12-11.
Navan won u19 Leinster title beating Ardee-Dundalk 9-6
ormond lad
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 432
Joined: September 30th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Re: Youth rugby in Leinster (u17) (u19)

Postby the spoofer » March 10th, 2014, 2:03 pm

ormond lad wrote:Skerries won u17 Leinster title beating Navan 12-11.
Navan won u19 Leinster title beating Ardee-Dundalk 9-6


Now they are proper final scorelines!
User avatar
the spoofer
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2030
Joined: February 17th, 2006, 6:35 pm
Location: Leinster West

Re: Youth rugby in Leinster (u17) (u19)

Postby Barry » March 10th, 2014, 2:27 pm

both won with injury time scores
Barry
Bookworm
 
Posts: 149
Joined: February 20th, 2009, 5:16 pm
Location: Dunsany

Re: Youth rugby in Leinster (u17) (u19)

Postby Not Releasing » March 11th, 2014, 4:56 pm

Not Releasing wrote:Skerries 17s are very strong, beat Tullamore 59-0 at the weekend, beat Cill Dara 27-8 the week before and are unbeaten this season including an area win over Navan (both teams were missing their Leinster players)

In the 19s hard to see anything but a Navan win but Mullingar and Gorey will be strong. Wexford and Naas will be there abouts as well.


Ahem!
User avatar
Not Releasing
Bookworm
 
Posts: 191
Joined: August 8th, 2007, 1:08 pm

Re: Youth rugby in Leinster (u17) (u19)

Postby ormond lad » December 2nd, 2014, 1:37 am

Thoughts on Leinster leagues this season so far?
No All Irelands this season with Munster and Connacht both not having u19 leagues and Ulster playing off different age eligibility rules...
ormond lad
Knowledgeable
 
Posts: 432
Joined: September 30th, 2010, 5:04 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Domestic Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest