All Ireland League - Thread

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Donny B.
Devin Toner

All Ireland League - Thread

Post by Donny B. »

For those starved of live Rugby - Marys are playing Belvo tomorrow evening at Templeville Road at 7.30.

Should be a good game.
Amz
Mullet

Re: All Ireland League - Thread

Post by Amz »

G'wan Belvo!

Thinking about heading over, but it will be dependent on weather. The trek from Leixlip to Templeville Rd. via bus isn't the most pleasant at the best of times.
FrankBurke
Mullet

Post by FrankBurke »

Belvo need to start producing some wins.

Its Dolphin v Garryowen for me here in The Gulag on Saturday.

So far this season I've seen Rock & Tarf implode down here.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Exile wrote:Belvo need to start producing some wins.

Its Dolphin v Garryowen for me here in The Gulag on Saturday.

So far this season I've seen Rock & Tarf implode down here.

Unlikely to do it against Mary's all the same
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

15-10 to Marys. Pretty awful game unfortunately. Bloody freezing too
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Was in Strabrook for the Rock Con match. Entertaining contest albeit a low scoring one. 14-17 to Con.

Rock will be disappointed as they played quite well. created lots of chances with often the last pass or the key pass going astray and on the flip side, the 2 tries were very soft.

It's been a difficult start for the club but Miller has started to get these guys humming now. Injuries are starting to clear up too. If we (yes I am a club member) keep playing as we are, creating those chances, more often than not we'll take them. The last couple of games against the a couple of traditional big boys has given me some hope we could survive.
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
bamboozle
Bookworm

Post by bamboozle »

watched Clontarf beat a very poor Shannon side 29 - 8 at the weekend, poorest Shannon team i've seen in a while. In saying that its the best Clontarf have played in a few seasons, Andy Wood has the team humming and Simon Crawford has to be one of the top players in the AIL, 2 trys on saturday and seemed to run through players at will. St Mary's away this sat will prove a much sterner test i fear
Darce
Shane Jennings

Post by Darce »

bamboozle wrote:watched Clontarf beat a very poor Shannon side 29 - 8 at the weekend, poorest Shannon team i've seen in a while. In saying that its the best Clontarf have played in a few seasons, Andy Wood has the team humming and Simon Crawford has to be one of the top players in the AIL, 2 trys on saturday and seemed to run through players at will. St Mary's away this sat will prove a much sterner test i fear
Not quite the force they were last season but still a damn fine side. Good sports in the bar after, too
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

bamboozle wrote:watched Clontarf beat a very poor Shannon side 29 - 8 at the weekend, poorest Shannon team i've seen in a while. In saying that its the best Clontarf have played in a few seasons, Andy Wood has the team humming and Simon Crawford has to be one of the top players in the AIL, 2 trys on saturday and seemed to run through players at will. St Mary's away this sat will prove a much sterner test i fear
22-20 to Marys. Sounds like it was a cracking game. I had to miss it because I had to go out to Malahide to freeze my balls off watching Tallaght seconds being trashed! :(
FrankBurke
Mullet

Post by FrankBurke »

Saw Cork Con lose 16-23 to Young Munster today. Fair result. YM scored two tries, a maul over the line from two yards and a penalty try from a scrum. Typical Munster rugby!

Two good scrum-halves on the pitch, Mike Pendergast & Gerry Hurley.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Ah sure where ever you're from, the news that Cork Con lost always brings a smile to the face.

It's the thought of those ould f%~kin' b$&%@#ds in the blazers having heart attacks at the news that makes any club man in Ireland grin....
bamboozle
Bookworm

Post by bamboozle »

Donny B. wrote:
22-20 to Marys. Sounds like it was a cracking game. I had to miss it because I had to go out to Malahide to freeze my balls off watching Tallaght seconds being trashed! :(
yeah it was a good game, Mary's nicked it at the end, they're the strongest team i've seen in the AIL this season, big pack and excellent backs. Was suprised to see YM beat Con especially in Cork until i saw the Con lineup, they were missing their usual munster players, Archer, Ryan, Zebo, Deasy, Gleeson. From YM's visit to Clontarf earlier this season i cant believe they're top of the league, poor team with dull dull tactics of slowing down play and kicking penalties. Saw more of their physio on the pitch that day than their wingers.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Great win by Marys down in Young Munster to go top of the league.....
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

And Marys extend their lead to three points by beating Cork Con 21-8 at Templville. Lansdowne and Clontarf both won to take second and third spot.

As there's no play-offs this season, it makes the remaining fixtures very interesting indeed.
FrankBurke
Mullet

Post by FrankBurke »

Dolphin 26 Young Munster 20. Ref gave two penalty tries against Young Munster from scrum offences. Not sure he'd have done that if the game was in Limerick....
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Exile wrote:Dolphin 26 Young Munster 20. Ref gave two penalty tries against Young Munster from scrum offences. Not sure he'd have done that if the game was in Limerick....
Well he might have but then he might have also got to know what his car boot looks like from the inside! :wink:
bamboozle
Bookworm

Post by bamboozle »

Donny B. wrote:And Marys extend their lead to three points by beating Cork Con 21-8 at Templville. Lansdowne and Clontarf both won to take second and third spot.

As there's no play-offs this season, it makes the remaining fixtures very interesting indeed.
interestingly out of 9 games thus far Mary's have played 5 at home and 4 away, while tarf and lansdowne have played 4 at home, both Tarf and Marys have to travel to lansdowne.

not wishing to be a bad sport but i'm delighted to see YM slipping down the table, i've never come across such boring tactics as when they visited Clontarf, 10 man rugby, injury, 10 man rugby, injury etc etc
rugbymadman
Learner

Post by rugbymadman »

How many teams go down from the AIL this year?
Darce
Shane Jennings

Post by Darce »

1 I think. But not sure if there is a play off between 2nd last and runner up in 1B...Think its just the 1 though
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
the general
Beginner

Post by the general »

Bottom team automatically is relegated with top team in 1B promoted. Second last team in 1A to play Second team in 1B in playoff.