Remax leinster League

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

crusty
Beginner

Post by crusty »

the spoofer wrote:Groundhog,

Big win indeed for Longford with lenght of pitch last minute try. L'ford dominated for most of game but let Clane in for two tries.

Did not go down well with Clane who allegedly did not applaud the Longford team off the pitch!!!
Not true spoofer. A hard fought game with lots of big hits and plenty of passion. Clane feel unlucky not to win without feeling that the result was undeserved. Could have gone either way. Both Teams and the ref were clapped in. anyone not in either teams applauding line was shaking hands with their counterpart on the pitch
silly punt
Enlightened

Post by silly punt »

Terrible start for the boys from Rosetown, could the Newbridge go straight back down.

Also a disappointing start from North Kildare, it could be a long season for the Kildare clubs in div 2.

Will Cill Dara possibly turn it around after last Sunday, next game away to Kilkenny crucial dare I say it to avoid the relegation dogfight.

K4 currently flying the lilywhite flag, but Seapoint look invincible. :

[/img]
kiruna
Beginner

Post by kiruna »

Some very interesting games in Div 1 this weekend where the top teams are going at it against each other.........Div 2 still seems fairly open.....

Division 1
Boyne v Monkstown
Enniscorthy v Dundalk
Garda v Seapoint
Kilkenny v Cill Dara
Mullingar v Skerries
Naas v Portlaoise
Tullamore v Navan

Division 2
Coolmine v Railway Union
Edenderry v Ashbourne
Newbridge v Athy
North Kildare v Roscrea
Portarlington v New Ross
LeinsterLion
Bookworm

Post by LeinsterLion »

LL3:
Arklow v Clondalkin
Birr v Swords
Clane v Athboy
CYM v Tullow
Gorey v Malahide
Rathdrum v Balbriggan
Wexford v Longford

Few interesting ones. Clashes between Arklow/Clondalkin and Birr/Swords will have a big bearing on the mid-table battle, while Gorey will struggle against Malahide. Longford and Clane will, barring a big shick, win their respective games, but the Rathdrum/Balbriggan game is a big one for both sides. The other top 4 side, Tullow, face CYM in what will be a very tough game for us, even at home. Unless we start delivering on our potential, having yet to actually play as well as we can this year, we'll struggle against a Tullow side with a 100% record.
groundhog
Knowledgeable

Post by groundhog »

Division 1

Boyne v Monkstown

Have to fancy a home win, maybe an away bonus

Enniscorthy v Dundalk

Long long trip for Dundalk, fancy a home win, away bonus

Garda v Seapoint

No love lost between these two clubs, will be tight but Seapoints class to prevail...

Kilkenny v Cill Dara

An 8 pointer if ever, the losers will face a tough relegation battle, the winners while not out it will gain confidence, expect a dog fight but with players back expect Dara to win a close one, away win home bonus

Mullingar v Skerries

Another 8 pointer, home win

Naas v Portlaoise

Midlands derby, Naas to edge it, away bonus

Tullamore v Navan

Navan have to much in attack, away win home bonus

Division 2

Coolmine v Railway Union

Coolmine to squeeze a home win

Edenderry v Ashbourne

Fortress Edenderry, home win, away bonus

Newbridge v Athy

Athy will be up for this, Newbridge are there for the taking, a season defining game, Newbridge to edge it...

North Kildare v Roscrea

Away win home bonus

Portarlington v New Ross

Home win away bonus

Division 3

Only Longford and Tullow to win on the road, home wins all the way in the others....
The French pulled up the Scots' kilts and discovered they had no balls - Zinzan Brooke
kiruna
Beginner

Post by kiruna »

Has anybody here played New Ross so far this season, what kind of a team have they? Firsts and Seconds......
kiruna
Beginner

Weekends LL Results

Post by kiruna »

Div 1:
Tullamore 12 - 8 Navan
Naas 23 - 13 Portlaoise
Mullingar 23 - 10 Skerries
Kilkenny 18 - 17 Cill Dara
Garda 16 - 23 Seapoint
Enniscorthy 6 - 9 Dundalk
Boyne 20 - 14 Monkstown

Div 2:
Portarlington 12 - 10 New Ross
North Kildare 10 - 27 Roscrea
Newbridge 16 - 6 Athy
Edenderry 33 - 35 Ashbourne
Coolmine 13 - 24 Railway Union

Div 3:
Wexford 10 - 44 Longford
Rathdrum 29 - 0 Balbriggan
Gorey 11 - 24 Malahide
CYM 7 - 44 Tullow
Birr 23 - 13 Swords
Arklow 8 - 13 Clondalkin
TrueBlue
Enlightened

Re: Weekends LL Results

Post by TrueBlue »

kiruna wrote:Div 1:
Tullamore 12 - 8 Navan
Naas 23 - 13 Portlaoise
Mullingar 23 - 10 Skerries
Kilkenny 18 - 17 Cill Dara
Garda 16 - 23 Seapoint
Enniscorthy 6 - 9 Dundalk
Boyne 20 - 14 Monkstown

Div 2:
Portarlington 12 - 10 New Ross
North Kildare 10 - 27 Roscrea
Newbridge 16 - 6 Athy
Edenderry 33 - 35 Ashbourne
Coolmine 13 - 24 Railway Union

Div 3:
Wexford 10 - 44 Longford
Rathdrum 29 - 0 Balbriggan
Gorey 11 - 24 Malahide
CYM 7 - 44 Tullow
Birr 23 - 13 Swords
Arklow 8 - 13 Clondalkin
Good result for Tullamore at the weekend-good performance too, even though it was low scoring.....Navan...well if u have nothing good to say say nothing.....................DIRTY f%~kers!!!!

Cill Dara look doomed at this stage, and Seapoint look firm favourites for me.
Leinster-Heineken European Cup Champions 2007
groundhog
Knowledgeable

Post by groundhog »

If they don't beat Mullingar at home this Sunday, well then good-luck, we don't deserve to be in Division 1, were leading Kilkenny 17-5 with 25 minutes to go, Kilkenny had greater hunger and deserved their victory, where is the pride gone? From Monkstown down are all in the relegation battle....
The French pulled up the Scots' kilts and discovered they had no balls - Zinzan Brooke
silly punt
Enlightened

Post by silly punt »

groundhog wrote:
Cill Dara's next 2 games are against Mullingar & Monkstown if they dont pick up points in both these games it could be all over before Christmas.

Leadership & discipline have been lacking this season, its time for the senior players to stand up & be counted. There are players living on past memories who must perform or be dropped.
TrueBlue
Enlightened

Post by TrueBlue »

Cill Dara's captain has been suspended for a few matches hasn't he?.....

......could this be a reason for the demise?
TrueBlue
Enlightened

Post by TrueBlue »

Seapoint 26 Tullamore 0

Shocking match for Tullamore-first up tackles were awful, and decision making was all bollix.....Seapoint are goin to win the league i would imagine, but they can be beaten.
groundhog
Knowledgeable

Post by groundhog »

Well Cill Dara returned to winning ways and with suspensions and injuries easing I fully expect to pull away from the relegation zone starting with a home win against a Monkstown side that look in trouble, also rumours of in club fighting surfacing from D4. Mighten be a better time to play the aristocrats. The game against Mullingar was a dour affair but the result was never in doubt...

Seapoint are still favourites but their game against Naas could be the title decider.
Durkah Durkah
Bookworm

Division 1 Winners?

Post by Durkah Durkah »

I have played against both Naas and Seapoint this season and obviously got beaten both times! However, I think that Naas will just pip Seapoint to the the post. Seapoint are very positive in the style of rugby they are playing but they have quite a small, but very well organised, front 5. Naas have a much larger pack and are also well organised, but there biggest advantages are experience and intelligence. They know what it takes to nullify the opposition and can carry it out. However, if Seapoint can cancel out Melville, then they might sneak it.
Certainly an exciting tie coming up, but I think Naas to win and then win the league.
Durkah Durkah
Bookworm

Spanner in works

Post by Durkah Durkah »

Ignore the last comment as God only knows what will happen now that Navan have thrown a spanner in Naas' works. Almost a soap opera!
groundhog
Knowledgeable

Post by groundhog »

Good wins for Navan, Cill Dara and Tullamore on Saturday. The Navan result was unexpected and a pity in a way as 2 horse race would have been exciting. Cill Dara pipped Monkstown in a thriller but was great to see the hunger and desire back, discipline is still posing a problem though.
jimmy the bone
Bookworm

Post by jimmy the bone »

Any thoughts on the big game in Div 1 this weekend... I think Naas have bottled it the point to win, Melly to get the bullit and Seapoint to win league going away.
Enter the Dragon
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Division 1 Winners?

Post by Sea_point »

Durkah Durkah wrote:I have played against both Naas and Seapoint this season and obviously got beaten both times! However, I think that Naas will just pip Seapoint to the the post. Seapoint are very positive in the style of rugby they are playing but they have quite a small, but very well organised, front 5. Naas have a much larger pack and are also well organised, but there biggest advantages are experience and intelligence. They know what it takes to nullify the opposition and can carry it out. However, if Seapoint can cancel out Melville, then they might sneak it.
Certainly an exciting tie coming up, but I think Naas to win and then win the league.
Reminds me a bit of the Monty Python "Spanish Inquisition" sketch..

Naas's two strengths are size and organisation......and experience...

Naas's three strengths are size, organisation, and experience....... and intelligence...

Naas's four strengths are are size, organisation, experience, and intelligence........ and the ability to nulllify opposition........

Naas's five strengths are are size, organisation, and experience, intelligence, and the ability to nulllify opposition...........and... :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Not taking the piss, just reminded me of the sketch that's all... One of my favourite MP one's)..

As for the game, it'll be very much on the day I suspect. If the weather is decent enough and the pack get a decent share of possesion then the backline will guarantee a Seapoint win...
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

"Amongst our weaponry are diverse elements such as...... "

A classic alright :lol: :lol: :lol:
Durkah Durkah
Bookworm

Your father is a hamster...

Post by Durkah Durkah »

...and your mother smells of elderberries.