Remax leinster League

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

hands away
Bookworm

Re: Remax leinster League

Post by hands away »

this thread has been dead, can never be a good thing, means somebody is plotting something somewhere!!

have we anything to report? have any clubs got stronger/weaker? and major signings or manager switches?
Let the bears pay the bear tax!
rugby678
Learner

Post by rugby678 »

hands away wrote:this thread has been dead, can never be a good thing, means somebody is plotting something somewhere!!

have we anything to report? have any clubs got stronger/weaker? and major signings or manager switches?

See the fixtures for next season are out!!
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

hands away wrote:this thread has been dead, can never be a good thing, means somebody is plotting something somewhere!!

Longford will definitely be weaker, the big old heavy pack got bigger and older!
hands away
Bookworm

Post by hands away »

the spoofer wrote:

Longford will definitely be weaker, the big old heavy pack got bigger and older!

did i say this or something :? ? i doubt that too, Div 1b will be very interesting next year, very even, i dont beleive the sides that have gone into it are as good as the sides that went up. i think carlow will be competitive but wont have it all their own way. Cill dara will be favourites if they have got over the injury crisis from last year.

i reckon longford will be the best equipped of the sides gone up, have a more experienced side, ashbourne and clondalkin both good sides but have alot of young lads.

they have huge momentum on the back of winning the league, assuming no lads are happy with their lot and call it a day and they can keep hold of their foriegners they'll be safe.
Let the bears pay the bear tax!
the chosen one

Post by the chosen one »

Well im going to start trying to predict what will hopefully be a very interesting and exciting Leinster league campaign this year. Starting to miss the rugby banter at the weekends now!!

Right im going to start with Division 1A

This is probably the most open this Division has been in a long time. A lot of teams in this Division had successful enough seasons last year. Dundalk finishing second, Tullamore and the towns cup. The 2 promoted teams, enniscorthy won the plate and Garda were fairly convincing in claiming 1B after nearly getting relegated the year previously. I say every team is capable of beating each other and shall be no dead certs if your a betting a man. I think the likes of Tullamore, Newbridge, Enniscorthy and Monkstown might be hovering around the bottom half of the table and the main contenders being the other 4. Is hard to know across all the divisions how the recruiting has gone as a list of transferred players hasnt been released yet but I cant imagine alot of clubs have been 2 busy. If i was a bertting man which i am i would probabaly side with:

Winners: Coolmine
2nd/3rd /Skerries/Dundalk

Relegation:either Monkstown/Enniscorthy

In Divison 1B which is another minefield for some big clubs with some growing clubs like Clondalkin and Longford who if im not mistaken are at highlest levels the clubs have ever played at . Who get to play the likes of Co. Carlow (former All Ireland Champions) Cill Dara ( and clubs with great Leinster rugby tradition like Portlaoise and Wicklow. Then is the other 2 teams of Tullow and Ashbourne who have hads greats ups and downs the last few seasons and who will both sure be pushing hard to get promoted to the premiership of Leinster League rugby. Sames as division 1A a few signings can make a differnce in key positions in these divisons so hard to know yet but since im a betting a man i will go as folows:

Winners: Tullow
2nd/3rd: Cill Dara/Co.Carlow

Relegation: I expect a scrap between Wicklow, Longford and Clondalkin with Longford eventually being left behind.

Division 2A

Division 2A will be a hard division to get out of considering only one team is guaranteed automatic promotion. There is some serious midland battles going on there with Malahide thrown if for a bit of a mix up who are also climbing up the ranks. The likes of Roscrea, Clane and Kilkenny with the relegated Portarlington looking to bounce staright back up again. West Offaly Lions might be a bit more comfortable in this Division and can stil see them struggling after what im sure was a long and tough season last year. New Ross seemed to fall apart last year 2 so hopefully they can rebuild and hopefully fight for their Divison 1B status again. Also North kildare also a team that can sometimes cause teams a few problems. Anyway predicions are as follows;

Winners: New Ross
2nd/3rd Clane and Kilkenny

Relegation: West Offaly lions

Division 2B

Winners: Mullingar
2nd/3rd Athy and Edenderry

Relegation: Swords/ITCarlow

Division 3

Winners: North Meath
2nd/3rd: Railway Union and Guinness

Bottom of the pile: Birr

Anyway here is to an exciting neew season across the 5 divisions and hopefully we can injecyt a bit of banter back into this forum :happy clapper:
The Galloping Ghost
Learner

Post by The Galloping Ghost »

Ok so any word yet on who's signed who? Agree with El Elegido Uno that Div1a is the most open it has been in a long while. Not too sure if I agree with Coolmine being winners, with big Willie gone i'm sure it'll take a short while for the new coach to settle in which could have a bearing at the end of the season. I'd tip Dundalk to win, not the greatest of starts to last season but proved that they were more than a match for most teams as the season progressed. As regards my own beloved Newbridge, the boys are a year older and a year wiser, and the 2 years spent in Div1 should stand to them. Hopefully they can now build on last year and look at finishing in the top half of the table.
Xplosive
Learner

Post by Xplosive »

<quote>the boys are a year older and a year wiser</quote>

Would that be your own 'boys' Ghost or everybody elses???????
The Galloping Ghost
Learner

Haha that would be our own 'boys' Xplosive. Great to see so many new faces at preseason training although a few of them looked like they were having 2nd thoughts come the end of the session. Big night this saturday night for Newbridge, Cill Dara and Naas Rugby Clubs, with the Ruck in the Ring taking place in Time Nightclub in Naas. http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/domestic/newsroom/8211.php Get your tickets fast as it's looking like it's going to be a sell out and should be a great night. Well done to all involved in organising it.
Jimi Caucaunibuca
Learner

Post by Jimi Caucaunibuca »

Its all very very quiet here,surely someone has some news!!The fight night up in Naas was a great success and a good bit of craic,good to see,teams need to be innovative these days to get money in!Well done all round!Eh the S.A. Longford 15 is gone to Navan so that will be a big loss for them,any other transfers of note??
I eat because Im fat,Im fat because I eat!
LeinsterGiant
Beginner

Post by LeinsterGiant »

div 1- dundalk
runners up- newbridge

1b- tullow
runners up- carlow

2- New Ross
runners up- Kilkenny

Division 2b- Mullingar
runners up- athy

Division 3- Arklow
runners up- Guinness
thebomber87
Beginner

Post by thebomber87 »

div 1- dundalk
runners up-garda ( can see them getting in a few new boys)

1b- cill dara ( cant see them staying down for long )
runners up-tullow ( followed closely by portlaoise )

2- portarlington ( im from port but i really cant see us staying down this year )
runners up- clane Leinster giant i dont know how you could put new ross top of this league.

Division 2b- athy
runners up- edenderry

Division 3- Arklow
runners up-dont know enough about the other teams !
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Any truth in rumours that Malahide are building a squad?
LeinsterGiant
Beginner

Post by LeinsterGiant »

Malahide have lost their 10 back to australia who was v.good and now in the process of getting new players. They are currently getting a new 9/10 player from westport money involved apparently. wouldnt take this as gospel but Its on the grapevine. as far as other players go not sure who they kept or lost. :D
jimmmys

Post by jimmmys »

So i see Birch is the new coach at Tullow, that was ll kept very quiet!!

“Its with regret that I am stepping down from my position of Head Coach of Clontarf Football club with immediate effect. Over the last 14 years it has been an absolute privilege for me to have been involved here as a player and a coach. Regaining our Division 1A status last month was satisfying but it has also been very rewarding to watch the quality players coming through from the Under 20s, which I am confident will benefit the club over the coming seasons.During my time I have received fantastic support from the players, my management team and all the members and I am grateful for that.

I made this decision for professional developmental reasons. My goal is to coach at the highest levels in the future and I feel that this is my window of opportunity to travel overseas to experience other professional sporting organisations and learn from their cultures and training methods to improve my skill set.” Bernard Jackman

That was his statement when leaving Clontarf, good signing for Tullow but he obviously didn't have the summer he was expecting.

So any other new in regards to transfers out there. It is all 2 quiet, this time of year would normally be great for some good auld friendly banter!!
The Galloping Ghost
Learner

Not too long now before things start back proper. Any news from around the clubs? Any big name signings? Any players moving on?
Jimi Caucaunibuca
Learner

It seems to be a case of just containing the player losses at the moment!A ridiculous amount of lads between 20 and 30 are emigrating so I would say an awful lot of clubs are badly effected by this!I know of one club that has lost at least 5 off the 1st team to this.....
Barack Obama
Learner

Post by Barack Obama »

Jimi Caucaunibuca wrote:It seems to be a case of just containing the player losses at the moment!A ridiculous amount of lads between 20 and 30 are emigrating so I would say an awful lot of clubs are badly effected by this!I know of one club that has lost at least 5 off the 1st team to this.....
We have been hammered with 5/6 lads leaving so far. Id imagine it's happening in most rural clubs to a greater or lesser degree.
irishjonny
Knowledgeable

Post by irishjonny »

jimmmys wrote:So i see Birch is the new coach at Tullow, that was ll kept very quiet!!

“Its with regret that I am stepping down from my position of Head Coach of Clontarf Football club with immediate effect. Over the last 14 years it has been an absolute privilege for me to have been involved here as a player and a coach. Regaining our Division 1A status last month was satisfying but it has also been very rewarding to watch the quality players coming through from the Under 20s, which I am confident will benefit the club over the coming seasons.During my time I have received fantastic support from the players, my management team and all the members and I am grateful for that.

I made this decision for professional developmental reasons. My goal is to coach at the highest levels in the future and I feel that this is my window of opportunity to travel overseas to experience other professional sporting organisations and learn from their cultures and training methods to improve my skill set.” Bernard Jackman

That was his statement when leaving Clontarf, good signing for Tullow but he obviously didn't have the summer he was expecting.

So any other new in regards to transfers out there. It is all 2 quiet, this time of year would normally be great for some good auld friendly banter!!

on his twitter he was posting pics from Grenoble where he was the defensive coach. has that changed now?
best quote from croker was this old boy behind me after about 65 minutes when you could see the red jerseys flooding out of the place

"Lock the gates, make them watch"

Disturbing yet arousing at the same time
downtime
Beginner

Post by downtime »

He was on a two month contract in Grenoble which has ended. Good to see him back. He has done a great job in all clubs he has been in.
Jimi Caucaunibuca
Learner

Well he did get Clontarf relegated in his first season......