Age Grade Interpros

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Re: Age Grade Interpros

Post by hugonaut »

Leinster Lout wrote:Keep an eye out for James Ryan who came on as a 2nd row for the u18's. Making that team when you've just started 4th year is very impressive indeed.

That looks like a very strong pack for the 20s, although I'd prefer to have seen Leavy at 7. We have too many 6's and he's such a good prospect at 7. He should be left there.

James Ryan is huge - bigger than either of the starting second rows by a hell of a distance. A legit 6'6" and all the hallmarks of a first-class athlete. He was only sitting a couple of seats down from me in Donnybrook, can't believe that he's in fourth year ... would have thought he's stretching the age limit!
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

tackle-bag wrote:
cormac wrote:11: Ryan Roopnarinesingh (Old Belvedere RFC)
Is that a real name or did your keyboard just have a seizure!? :shock:
Ex-Terenure College fullback. A good all-rounder – excellent footballer too.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Very exciting Under-20s pack.
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

hugonaut wrote:
tackle-bag wrote:
cormac wrote:11: Ryan Roopnarinesingh (Old Belvedere RFC)
Is that a real name or did your keyboard just have a seizure!? :shock:
Ex-Terenure College fullback. A good all-rounder – excellent footballer too.
And I hear he may be training with Leinster this year, with a view to maybe getting into the academy.
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

hugonaut wrote:
Leinster Lout wrote:Keep an eye out for James Ryan who came on as a 2nd row for the u18's. Making that team when you've just started 4th year is very impressive indeed.

That looks like a very strong pack for the 20s, although I'd prefer to have seen Leavy at 7. We have too many 6's and he's such a good prospect at 7. He should be left there.

James Ryan is huge - bigger than either of the starting second rows by a hell of a distance. A legit 6'6" and all the hallmarks of a first-class athlete. He was only sitting a couple of seats down from me in Donnybrook, can't believe that he's in fourth year ... would have thought he's stretching the age limit!
Think he played number 8 at JCT level too. I always like to see players in the tight five getting experience in the back-row/outside backs. They tend to have worked a lot more on their pace and ball-carrying than players who have been in the tight for their whole careers.
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
ormond lad
Graduate

Post by ormond lad »

Belvedere u21s play Leinsters u19s tonight at 6pm in final warm up ahead of interpros
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Any updates from the match tonight?
ormond lad
Graduate

Post by ormond lad »

Leinster 19s beat Belvo's 21s 24-0 tonight
Match report from tonights 20s game
http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/domestic/newsroom/10284.php
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Leinster Schools team to face Munster Schools in Thomond Park tomorrow:
http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/domestic/newsroom/10308.php

The aforementioned James Ryan comes into the team in the second row, and Terenure's Andrew Roche [who came off the bench for the second half against Ulster Schools] gets ahead of Graham Reynolds at hooker.
ormond lad
Graduate

Post by ormond lad »

hugonaut wrote:Leinster Schools team to face Munster Schools in Thomond Park tomorrow:

The aforementioned James Ryan comes into the team in the second row, and Terenure's Andrew Roche [who came off the bench for the second half against Ulster Schools] gets ahead of Graham Reynolds at hooker.
should be a very good game. i more than likely will be in thomond at the game
Really want to see the 2 centre partnerships go up against each other.
The leinster pair have been highlighted more, esp brewer but the munster pair are fine players. watch out for mcmahon, is in rockwell but is from dungarvan co waterford orig and moved to rockwell after been seen playing for east munster youths development squad and would have been a munster and maybe irish youth if he hadnt moved school.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

ormond lad wrote:
hugonaut wrote:Leinster Schools team to face Munster Schools in Thomond Park tomorrow:

The leinster pair have been highlighted more, esp brewer but the munster pair are fine players. watch out for mcmahon, is in rockwell but is from dungarvan co waterford orig and moved to rockwell after been seen playing for east munster youths development squad and would have been a munster and maybe irish youth if he hadnt moved school.
I'll be interested to see what you make of it, Ormond Lad – will you write a bit of a report?

With the exception of Greg O'Shea, I know absolutely nowt about the Munster Schools team, I'm sorry to say.
ormond lad
Graduate

Post by ormond lad »

Will do if i get into the game
ormond lad
Graduate

Post by ormond lad »

hugonaut wrote:
ormond lad wrote:

I'll be interested to see what you make of it, Ormond Lad – will you write a bit of a report?

With the exception of Greg O'Shea, I know absolutely nowt about the Munster Schools team, I'm sorry to say.
Sorry hugo. going to cork to see munster youths play munster a schools so will not be in thomond
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

ormond lad wrote:
hugonaut wrote: With the exception of Greg O'Shea, I know absolutely nowt about the Munster Schools team, I'm sorry to say.
Sorry hugo. going to cork to see munster youths play munster a schools so will not be in thomond
No worries champ, I'm sure a report will surface from some source. Enjoy your game!
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Leinster U-18 won 34-12.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Big win down south! 22 point margin over Munster is a big deal at any level. Well done to the youngsters, looking forward to reading a match report.

EDIT: And here it is: http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/domestic/newsroom/10308.php

Sounds like Billy Dardis tore it up again. He was absolutely outstanding against Ulster – just a class act.
ormond lad
Graduate

Post by ormond lad »

hugonaut wrote:Big win down south! 22 point margin over Munster is a big deal at any level. Well done to the youngsters, looking forward to reading a match report.

EDIT: And here it is: http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/domestic/newsroom/10308.php

Sounds like Billy Dardis tore it up again. He was absolutely outstanding against Ulster – just a class act.
Big win for ye. not surprised ye won but surprised ye won by that much.
Can anyone tell me how leinster 'A' schools are getting on?
The players on this schools side are not in any of the rugby schools and mainly play youths rugby.
They are playing munster in 2 games over the next few weeks
1 in musgrave park on sept 26th and the other in donnybrook on oct 3rd
ormond lad
Graduate

Post by ormond lad »

Leinster u20 and u19 blue teams who both play munster over the weekend have been named
u20s game tomorrow in donnybrook at 7pm
LEINSTER UNDER-20:
15: Jack Fitzpatrick (Dublin University)
14: Max McFarland (Dublin University)
13: Tom Farrell (Lansdowne)
12: Tom Daly (Lansdowne)
11: Eoghan Quinn (Lansdowne)
10: Bobby Holland (UCD)
9: David Shanahan (Clontarf)

1: Ed Byrne (UCD) CAPTAIN
2: Bryan Byrne (UCD)
3: Dan O’Byrne (Old Belvedere)
4: Jerry Sexton (St. Mary’s College)
5: Gavin Thornbury (Dublin University)
6: Dan Leavy (UCD)
7: Josh van der Flier (UCD)
8: Peadar Timmins (UCD)
REPLACEMENTS:
16: Conor Kilcoyne (Lansdowne)
17: Ken Murphy (Old Belvedere)
18: Jamie Lawless (Old Belvedere)
19: Connor Owende (Old Belvedere)
20: Donagh Lawler (UCD)
21: Jamie Glynn (UCD)
22: Liam Burke (UCD)
23: Rory O'Loughlin (UCD)

u19 game in dooradoyle at 6.30pm
15: Cian Kelleher (St. Michael’s College)
14: Jack Keating (Presentation College, Bray)
13: Adam Byrne (University College, Dublin R.F.C.)
12: Stephen O’Neill (Terenure College)
11: Ian Fitzpatrick (The King’s Hospital)
10: Conor McKeon (Gonzaga College, S.J.)
9: Dermot Lavelle (Gonzaga College, S.J.)
1: Peter Dooley (Lansdowne F.C.)
2: Dylan Donnellan (Clongowes Wood College, S.J.)
3: Shane Delahunt (University College, Dublin R.F.C.) CAPTAIN
4: Robert Somerville (Terenure College)
5: Ross Molony (St. Michael’s College)
6: Jack O’Neill (Castleknock College) VICE CAPTAIN
7: Stephen Keelan (Clongowes Wood College, S.J.)
8: Sean Coughlan (Blackrock College)
REPLACEMENTS:
16: Matthew Lowe (Gonzaga College, S.J.)
17: Eoghan McKeever (C.B.C. Monkstown)
18: Brian Cunningham (Lansdowne F.C.)
19: Diarmaid Hickey (Kilkenny R.F.C.)
20: Dermot O’Flynn (Blackrock College)
21: Darragh Henry (Castleknock College)
22: Daniel Jordan (C.B.C. Monkstown)
23: Sam Sterling (Kilkenny College)
24: Cormac O’Donoghue (Presentation College, Bray)
25: Mark O’Keeffe (St. Michael’s College)
26: Andrew Larkin (Belvedere College, S.J.)
http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/domestic/newsroom/10320.php
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

I thought Tony Wards comments the other day re proliferation of representative underage teams was a little off the mark. Youth players would miss out in all but the odd case as they are competing with lads who are training 5/6 times a week versus 1/2.

I think Leinster will benefit from this system as individuals who may have slipped through will be caught.
ormond lad
Graduate

Post by ormond lad »

the spoofer wrote:I thought Tony Wards comments the other day re proliferation of representative underage teams was a little off the mark. Youth players would miss out in all but the odd case as they are competing with lads who are training 5/6 times a week versus 1/2.

I think Leinster will benefit from this system as individuals who may have slipped through will be caught.
Final Score U20s in Donnybrook Leinster 26-12 Munster. Final Score U19s Dooradoyle Munster 13-32 Leinster
Surprised at scorelines esp the scoreline of the 19s game but not the winners of each game.
I thought Wards comments were idiotic and the article was terrible. i presume by number 8 that when tony wants to get rid of underage representative sides the first side he would get rid of would be the youths side and then he would get rid of the a schools(who he doesnt mention in the article at all).Sorry tony but the number of underage representative side does not demean the honour for 17/18/19 year olds playing for their province. In the article tony talks about the club game yet only mentions old boy clubs of your beloved schools.
Leinster A schools play Munster in 2 games wednesday week(Musgrave Park) and wednesday fortnight(Donnybrook). Anyone have an idea when the Leinster squad for those 2 games will be named?