Under 20's Sevens rugby tournament, 7th September

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

TheBear
Enlightened

Under 20's Sevens rugby tournament, 7th September

Post by TheBear »

There's an Under 20s sevens rugby tournament taking place in Terenure College RFC on the weekend of 7th September. We've got teams coming from different provinces around Ireland, from the UK, and we're in the process of confirming two teams from France also.

The event takes place over the 6th and 7th September and there'll be something for all the family - sport, music, food and drink. There'll be entertainment on the Friday evening in the club, a day of rugby on the Saturday, followed by prize-giving, a barbecue and a chance to, eh, 'rehydrate' in the bar.

If any of you are involved in your local club and think you would be interested in taking part, let me know and I'll send you on the details. Any questions, fire away.

In order to anticipate one of the first questions, the participation fee is €250 per squad of 12, which works out at €21 per person. The fee goes to covering costs, and raising money for four nominated charities:

- Lions' Charitable Trust
- Crumlin Children's Hospital
- St Vincent de Paul
- MS Care Centre, Rathgar (which is the only one of its kind in Ireland)
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
TheBear
Enlightened

Re: Under 20's Sevens rugby tournament, 7th September

Post by TheBear »

In answer to a question I've been asked, the cut-off date for players if 1st January 1994.
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

TheBear wrote:In answer to a question I've been asked, the cut-off date for players if 1st January 1994.
Why different than JP Fanagan Pennant and Premier where the leinster clubs will all be playing in this season?
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

Armchair wrote:
TheBear wrote:In answer to a question I've been asked, the cut-off date for players if 1st January 1994.
Why different than JP Fanagan Pennant and Premier where the leinster clubs will all be playing in this season?
Why different cut-off date, or why different competition?

Assuming you're asking the former, what is the other cut-off date?
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

TheBear wrote:
Armchair wrote:
Why different cut-off date, or why different competition?

Assuming you're asking the former, what is the other cut-off date?
Ok, I've figured it out, and I was off in my calculation of the cut-off date. Basically, if the player is 20 this year, that's fine. (I think that gives a cut off of 1/1/93, rather than 94, but I could have got that wrong again.)

Mea culpa.