Leinster Schools Cup 2007

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

Dave Cahill wrote: Its sad but inevitable. I predict that before too long (within the next five years), the very best players will receive their schooling from the provincial academys
do you mean like poofball underagers are"educated"? Hope not, but maybe the branch should step in and nip this in the bud while they can
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

tate wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote: Its sad but inevitable. I predict that before too long (within the next five years), the very best players will receive their schooling from the provincial academys
do you mean like poofball underagers are"educated"? Hope not, but maybe the branch should step in and nip this in the bud while they can
Well, from the branch's perspective they would probably say that its the best way of exposing talent to top quality coaching at an earlier age. Already the club system is being bypassed and I think that Dave is right, the schools system may end up in the same boat.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

Flash Gordon wrote:
tate wrote:
Well, from the branch's perspective they would probably say that its the best way of exposing talent to top quality coaching at an earlier age. Already the club system is being bypassed and I think that Dave is right, the schools system may end up in the same boat.
but there isnt much point in every good player going to rock every year, there's only room for 22 people in the squad (or 17 if you're EOS).

In fairness was the club system ever really was there, or has it changed much? Certainly for very young kids, and a handful if they didnt play in a school, clubs existed and still do. But when they leave school they have to join a club so i fail to see how them joining a poofball like academy where they're half in school half pro would fit in.
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

tate wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
tate wrote: do you mean like poofball underagers are"educated"? Hope not, but maybe the branch should step in and nip this in the bud while they can
but there isnt much point in every good player going to rock every year, there's only room for 22 people in the squad (or 17 if you're EOS).

In fairness was the club system ever really was there, or has it changed much? Certainly for very young kids, and a handful if they didnt play in a school, clubs existed and still do. But when they leave school they have to join a club so i fail to see how them joining a poofball like academy where they're half in school half pro would fit in.
Dunno to be honest. Think the model might be more like the American system of college scholarships and academies. That's not to say that we won't see an increase in elite player coaching systems.

One thing's for sure, having all the good players going to one school is pretty stupid. It makes a mockery of the competion and reduces competitiveness.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Clongowes beat Marys in 1/4 final replay, score to follow
A proud Winsome Fluter
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

cwc 17-7 marys
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

LEINSTER- MAGNERS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2008
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Anyone know when the Rock Kilkenny replay is on?
Ryan_89
Knowledgeable

Post by Ryan_89 »

[quote="thecoolfreak"]Anyone know when the Rock Kilkenny replay is on?[/quote]

This week. Its on in Athy. It wont be on setanta
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

Ryan_89 wrote:
thecoolfreak wrote:Anyone know when the Rock Kilkenny replay is on?
no, its a 3.00 ko this sunday in donnybrook
"Hickie is racing away, he's gonna get past Pelous. He's gotta time his pass, D'arcy back to Hickie... HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! That is awesome!"
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

Ryan_89
Knowledgeable

Post by Ryan_89 »

[quote="true blue 06"][quote="Ryan_89"][quote="thecoolfreak"]Anyone know when the Rock Kilkenny replay is on?[/quote]

This week. Its on in Athy. It wont be on setanta[/quote]

no, its a 3.00 ko this sunday in donnybrook[/quote]

Sweet , a great excuse to not to study then. I knew i shouldnt have believed that crafty Sean Skehan :evil:
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

true blue 06 wrote:
Ryan_89 wrote:
thecoolfreak wrote:Anyone know when the Rock Kilkenny replay is on?
Are you sure, I saw somewhere it was on Monday?
A proud Winsome Fluter
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:
true blue 06 wrote:
Ryan_89 wrote: This week. Its on in Athy. It wont be on setanta
Are you sure, I saw somewhere it was on Monday?
ye sorry, its monday, ko 3.00 in the brook and i dont think its gonna be on setanta
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

true blue 06 wrote: ye sorry, its monday, ko 3.00 in the brook and i dont think its gonna be on setanta
What a wasted opportunity to bring a big schools game outside Dublin. Surely there must be a ground available that would cater for it and it would save D'brook from being ploughed up even more!
true blue 06
Mullet

Post by true blue 06 »

El Diablo wrote:
true blue 06 wrote: ye sorry, its monday, ko 3.00 in the brook and i dont think its gonna be on setanta
What a wasted opportunity to bring a big schools game outside Dublin. Surely there must be a ground available that would cater for it and it would save D'brook from being ploughed up even more!
originally it was to be played during the mid term in athy but with both schools having boarders and as gavin cummisky pointed out the crowd 'rock will draw playing it in athy would be a waste
Sky Sports 01/04/06

HEC CHAMPIONS 2009

Ryan_89
Knowledgeable

Post by Ryan_89 »

Kick-off is 3:30 this afternoon, with coverage starting at 3 on setanta,afaik. This match is going to be amazing!!!!!! COME ON MICHAELS!!!!!
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Yes come on the sword, you're the best team, you deserve it, now do the business. Massive day for Dublin 4.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Re: Leinster Schools Cup 2007

Post by Duff Paddy »

Duff Paddy Wed 23 Aug, 2006 9:03 am wrote:Get your money on Michaels now, people.
Christ I'm good.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

The draws for the Leinster Schools Senior, Junior, McMullen and Duff Cup competitions, sponsored by Powerade, will take place on Monday, 10th December at 6pm in St. Mary’s College RFC, Templeogue, Dublin 6W...