Leinster Schools Cup 2007

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Leinster Schools Cup 2007

Post by Duff Paddy »

Get your money on Michaels now, people.
sexy_rexy
Rhys Ruddock

Post by sexy_rexy »

I think this may be Wesley's year.
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

Blackrock might surprise a few people
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

I am sorry guys - the Cup this year has CUS written all over it!

probably the same vandals that did my car.
Get in the f%~king bag.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Virtually the entire Michaels team that should have won it last year are back on the S this team. They've got a serious outhalf (who'll still be there in 2008 AFAIK), and no obvious weaknesses. Worth a punt now.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Wesley, CUS - I'm sorry but I didn't intend this as a joke thread.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Slipper1 wrote:I am sorry guys - the Cup this year has CUS written all over it!

CUS are definitly on for the Vinnie Murray Cup and could put it up to the big guns. Its the best SCT the school will have had for a very long time
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

thecoolfreak wrote:
Slipper1 wrote:I am sorry guys - the Cup this year has CUS written all over it!

CUS are definitly on for the Vinnie Murray Cup and could put it up to the big guns. Its the best SCT the school will have had for a very long time
Whilst they may be at their best for a long time do you really think that they can go the extra mile? I'm not so sure. I fear they will have a season of disappointment - not underacheivment but dissapointment.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Duff Paddy wrote:Wesley, CUS - I'm sorry but I didn't intend this as a joke thread.
I do. Andrews all the way....... :lol:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:Wesley, CUS - I'm sorry but I didn't intend this as a joke thread.
Come now Flash - Andrews :roll: :roll: :roll:
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Whilst they may be at their best for a long time do you really think that they can go the extra mile? I'm not so sure. I fear they will have a season of disappointment - not underacheivment but dissapointment.
They have no hope of winning the main cup but they have a great chance of winnning the Vinnie Murray
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Uncle Mort wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
Now Uncle, I bow to your superior knowledge and passion for the schools game, but Andrews are the AFFluent choice - more X5's, hottest Eastern European nannies and students are sent home for wearing white socks (except for cricket obviously). And of course, we have a proud tradition in the SCT having won it during WW1 while everyone else was away fighting.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Uncle Mort wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote: I do. Andrews all the way....... :lol:
Now Uncle, I bow to your superior knowledge and passion for the schools game, but Andrews are the AFFluent choice - more X5's, hottest Eastern European nannies and students are sent home for wearing white socks (except for cricket obviously). And of course, we have a proud tradition in the SCT having won it during WW1 while everyone else was away fighting.
Ah, the Great War, the war to end all wars, the era of the Pals. If you haven't done I suggest you read "Birdsong" by Sebastian Faulks. It won't tell you anything about Schools Rugby, but it will tell you about the First World War and what it was like to be a sapper.

Finally as you know yourself Andrews' days are now in the fairly distant past. Good tradition on many fronts but no longer contenders.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Uncle Mort wrote:
Ah, the Great War, the war to end all wars, the era of the Pals. If you haven't done I suggest you read "Birdsong" by Sebastian Faulks. It won't tell you anything about Schools Rugby, but it will tell you about the First World War and what it was like to be a sapper.
Brilliant book.
A proud Winsome Fluter
future international
Enlightened

Post by future international »

micheals have bought in a new no.8 jay wright harris from pres bray and also have a new centre cian grace also from pres
CBC also have two good JCT teams coming together one who reached the semi's and the other who were favorites two years agon but bottled sure to have come on from that
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

future international wrote:micheals have bought in a new no.8 jay wright harris from pres bray and also have a new centre cian grace also from pres
CBC also have two good JCT teams coming together one who reached the semi's and the other who were favorites two years agon but bottled sure to have come on from that
That harris-wright chap is a thoroughbred. Future Leinster player.
beanie
Learner

Post by beanie »

michaels have 'no obvious weakness' apart from the fact that they are not proven winners and are perennial bottlers, i dont know how many times i have heard that 'this is michaels year'. they dont know how to win and when they come up against the bigger schools like rock they play negative, damage limitation style rugby.

they have no chance
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

beanie wrote:michaels have 'no obvious weakness' apart from the fact that they are not proven winners and are perennial bottlers, i dont know how many times i have heard that 'this is michaels year'. they dont know how to win and when they come up against the bigger schools like rock they play negative, damage limitation style rugby.

they have no chance
Have to agree - we hear it year in, year out - this is Michael's year, but when push comes to shove they are miles away from having what it takes.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Uncle Mort wrote:
beanie wrote:michaels have 'no obvious weakness' apart from the fact that they are not proven winners and are perennial bottlers, i dont know how many times i have heard that 'this is michaels year'. they dont know how to win and when they come up against the bigger schools like rock they play negative, damage limitation style rugby.

they have no chance
Have to agree - we hear it year in, year out - this is Michael's year, but when push comes to shove they are miles away from having what it takes.
:lol: Uncle Mort, you are a bad, bad man
General Collins
Graduate

Post by General Collins »

future international wrote:micheals have bought in a new no.8 jay wright harris from pres bray and also have a new centre cian grace also from pres
do someone want to run this by me again. Are Leinster schools now poaching players from each other. Next you'll be telling me there was a transfer fee.
Is this a regualr occurane, have you any other examples from the recent past?
If only you'd given me time,
what a country we'd now live in.......