Leinster Schools Cup 2007

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

Are CUS still in the Vinnie Murray cup?
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Danthefan wrote:Are CUS still in the Vinnie Murray cup?
Yeah, don't know when its on though
conthegent

Post by conthegent »

the game will be against templeogue pretty soon i expect, but the final will not be for a while as cbc monkstown are in the 1/4 final of the premier cup against terenure on feb 14, which i hear they will have a good chance of beating. all in all if that happens there semi final in the vinny murray will be in around 5 weeks
blah
Beginner

Post by blah »

Which final comes first.The Vinnie M or the proper Senior Cup?Is the Vinne Murray final on Setanta Sports I heard it was
future international
Enlightened

Post by future international »

depnds on what teams are in both the senior cup takes prefrence and no it wont be any where near setnata
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

CUS lost 23 - 13 to Tempelogue. Thats it over till next season!
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

Booerns.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Danthefan wrote:Booerns.
Don't worry Dan, we'll win the whole thing next year!
blah
Beginner

Post by blah »

So who's going to win the Vinnie Murray? It will be very close between Templeogue and CBC.Templeogue looked VERY convincing yesterday against CUS,Monkstown will probably get knocked out by Terenure on Tuesday.
future international
Enlightened

well seeing as cbc beat templegoue 2 weeks ago without conceding a try its fairly simple terenure and cbc have histiry fromt he jct of 04/05 when cbc were favorites for the cup and were beaten in a qaurter final repley should be a great game
blah
Beginner

Post by blah »

Well seeing as Monkstown were clinging on to a 2 point lead for the whole game and,unarguably,had the ref on their side it won't be that simple
future international
Enlightened

ye be objective here templelogue never got in to one try scoring position and shud hav had players sin biineed for bioth high taclkes and eye gouging

and the refree was very imartial dont do the usual thing of blaming the ref
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

I hope neither of you lads are being educated in CBC - the standard of English teaching wasn't great back in my time there but it can't have regressed further surely? :?
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

Leinsterman wrote:I hope neither of you lads is being educated in CBC - the standard of English teaching wasn't great back in my time there but it can't have regressed further surely? :?
Pot, kettle, black... :lol: :wink:

That said, is spellcheck an option???
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

The words "hoisted", "petard" and "own" come to mind! :lol: :oops:
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
blah
Beginner

Post by blah »

no try scoring positions???...anyone who was at the game would disagree,their 13 in particular was about 2 inches from the line after a great break but for a fantastic tackle into touch from a monkstown 2nd row.that said,at 5-3 for the whole game its kicks you are looking for
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Article in last week's Bray People about poaching of schools rugby players, featuring an interview with Pres Bray headmaster Gerry Duffy and he expresses his views very candidly. Apparently we had 3 players from this year's team poached under the guise of "furthering their rugby careers and exposure if they had ambitions to play the game at a serious level", all of which conveniently involved scholarships.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Duff Paddy wrote:Article in last week's Bray People about poaching of schools rugby players, featuring an interview with Pres Bray headmaster Gerry Duffy and he expresses his views very candidly. Apparently we had 3 players from this year's team poached under the guise of "furthering their rugby careers and exposure if they had ambitions to play the game at a serious level", all of which conveniently involved scholarships.
Its sad but inevitable. I predict that before too long (within the next five years), the very best players will receive their schooling from the provincial academys
I have Bumbleflex
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Draw between Clongowes and Mary's. Shows how good that CUS side was! :shock:
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:Article in last week's Bray People about poaching of schools rugby players, featuring an interview with Pres Bray headmaster Gerry Duffy and he expresses his views very candidly. Apparently we had 3 players from this year's team poached under the guise of "furthering their rugby careers and exposure if they had ambitions to play the game at a serious level", all of which conveniently involved scholarships.
Its sad but inevitable. I predict that before too long (within the next five years), the very best players will receive their schooling from the provincial academys
It must also be devastating for the kids in the bigger schools who get dropped to make way for the imports. Do Blackrock really need to win a 65th LSC that badly that they have to poach players and turn some of their own kids off the game for life.
I think there was a letter in the Irish Times about this in the last couple of weeks.