U20's Club 2018/19

Forum for the discussion of Irish Club, Schools, Womens and all underage Rugby in Ireland.

Moderator: moderators

Re: U20's Club 2018/19

Postby TrapperChamonix » November 29th, 2018, 12:39 pm

Clontarf continue their impressive form with away win in Lansdowne. Trinity back to winning ways. Belvo secure their 2nd win in a row. UCD move into 4th place.

25th Nov
Dublin University 27- 24 Terenure College RFC
Lansdowne 13 - 31 Clontarf
Old Belvedere 10 - 0 MU Barnhall
UCD 28 3 Blackrock College RFC


Pos Team Pld W L D PF PA Diff BP BPW BPL Ded Pts
1 Clontarf 6 6 0 0 259 97 162 6 6 0 0 30
2 Dublin University 6 5 1 0 215 110 105 5 5 0 0 25
3 Lansdowne 6 4 2 0 135 119 16 2 2 0 0 18
4 UCD 6 3 3 0 134 131 3 5 3 2 0 17
5 Terenure College RFC 6 3 3 0 150 150 0 5 3 2 0 17
6 Old Belvedere 6 2 4 0 120 168 -48 3 1 2 0 11
7 MU Barnhall 6 1 5 0 86 130 -44 2 1 1 0 6
8 Blackrock College 6 0 6 0 48 242 -194 0 0 0 0 0

Clontarf v UCD is the pick of the games next week.
Next week represents the 1/2 way point in the league and with such a significant points differential, Clontarf effectively have a 6 point lead over Trinity.
Worth remembering a top 4 place gets you into the Fraser McMullen competition (which includes Munster clubs). So the teams right the way down to Old Belvo have still something to play for.
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
User avatar
TrapperChamonix
Mullet
 
Posts: 1067
Joined: November 12th, 2007, 4:27 pm

Re: U20's Club 2018/19

Postby mildlyinterested » December 3rd, 2018, 10:06 am

Heard trinity were very lucky to win at the weekend, granted it is from a biased source.


1: Bart Vermeulen
2: George Downing
3: Simon Clear
4: Neil Howard
5: Nathan Mullan
6: Reuben Pim
7: Jody Booth
8: Michael McGagh
9: Elliot Ryan
10: Michael O'Kennedy
11: Liam Smith
12: Jay Moriarty
13: Seb Pimm
14: Paddy Opperman
15: Luke McKay

16: Stephen Gray
17: Donnacha Mescal
18: Adrian Binder
19: Adam Corcoran
20: Louis oreilly
21: David O'Brien
22: Clinton Wohocha
mildlyinterested
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2434
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: U20's Club 2018/19

Postby TrapperChamonix » December 3rd, 2018, 12:34 pm

I wasn’t at it but you would have thought that no 2 v’s no 8 in the league should have had a more emphatic win. No try bonus point.

What is noticeable is the amount of churn in the Trinity team in the last few weeks. Obviously injury plays a part but so too does squad rotation, call ups to the senior AIL team and also call ups to various age grade provincial teams. The replacement players are very good and in some cases can be argued to be better, but the cohesiveness of the team does suffer. I'm sure most of the opposition have similar issues (some more than others) but it does explain some inconsistency. I guess its likely to be a big issue come the U20s going to 6nations squad at the end of Jan.

With UCD & Terenure loosing, Old Belvo could have closed the gap to 4th place but they lost to Blackrock. The fact that it Rocks 1st win of the season is amazing. I saw them in the 1st round of the league and they looked pretty good.

Another emphatic win by Clontarf against UCD to continue their unbeaten run.
Last edited by TrapperChamonix on December 3rd, 2018, 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
User avatar
TrapperChamonix
Mullet
 
Posts: 1067
Joined: November 12th, 2007, 4:27 pm

Re: U20's Club 2018/19

Postby mildlyinterested » December 3rd, 2018, 12:36 pm

TrapperChamonix wrote:I wasn’t at it but you would have thought that no 2 v’s no 8 in the league should have had a more emphatic win. No try bonus point.

What is noticeable is the amount of churn in the Trinity team in the last few weeks. Obviously injury plays a part but so too does squad rotation, call ups to the senior AIL team and also call ups to various age grade provincial teams. The replacement players are very good and in some cases can be argued to be better, but the cohesiveness of the team does suffer. I'm sure most of the opposition have similar issues (some more than others) but it does explain some inconsistency. I guess its likely to be a big issue come the U20s going to 6nations squad at the end of Jan.

With UCD & Terenure loosing, Old Belvo could have closed the gap to 4th place but they lost to Blackrock. The fact that it Rocks 1st win of the season is amazing. I saw them in the 1st round of the league and they looked pretty good.


Yeah, I think Ryan Baird was playing for U20b side but I could be wrong, which would be odd. Jack Dunne too.
mildlyinterested
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2434
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: U20's Club 2018/19

Postby TrapperChamonix » December 3rd, 2018, 2:02 pm

mildlyinterested wrote:
Yeah, I think Ryan Baird was playing for U20b side but I could be wrong, which would be odd. Jack Dunne too.


Jack Dunne was playing for the AIL team. Not sure your reference to Baird. Did you mean Leinster/Ireland U20B ? He definitely wasnt on the Trinity U20B
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
User avatar
TrapperChamonix
Mullet
 
Posts: 1067
Joined: November 12th, 2007, 4:27 pm

Re: U20's Club 2018/19

Postby mildlyinterested » December 3rd, 2018, 3:41 pm

TrapperChamonix wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:
Yeah, I think Ryan Baird was playing for U20b side but I could be wrong, which would be odd. Jack Dunne too.


Jack Dunne was playing for the AIL team. Not sure your reference to Baird. Did you mean Leinster/Ireland U20B ? He definitely wasnt on the Trinity U20B


ah okay.
mildlyinterested
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2434
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: U20's Club 2018/19

Postby mildlyinterested » December 6th, 2018, 12:19 pm

UCD u20 side that lost to Tarf at the weekend

1. Chris Hennessy
2. Sean Molony
3. Michael Milne
4. Cian Reilly
5. Mark Smith
6. John Fairley
7. Mark Fleming
8. Dan O'Donovan
9. Henry McCosker
10. James Tarrant
11. Alex O'Grady
12. Jay Barron
13. David Ryan
14. Tom Ryan
15. Luke Maloney
mildlyinterested
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2434
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: U20's Club 2018/19

Postby mildlyinterested » December 10th, 2018, 10:16 am

Blackrock College RFC0 (0) V 52 (8)Dublin University
MU Barnhall10 (1) V 15 (2)Lansdowne
Old Belvedere31 (5) V 44 (6)UCD
Terenure College RFC29 (4) V 36 (4)Clontarf
mildlyinterested
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2434
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: U20's Club 2018/19

Postby mildlyinterested » December 10th, 2018, 12:39 pm

UCD u20 side that defeated OB

1. Michael Milne - 1 try
2. Sean Molony - 1 try
3. Evin Coyle - 1 try
4. Ronan O'Byrne
5. Mark Smith
6. Cian Reilly - 1 try
7. Jon Landers
8. Dan O'Donovan
9. Shane Murphy
10. James Tarrant
11. Alex O'Grady
12. David Ryan- 1 try
13. Marc Baker - 1 try
14. Harry Donnelly
15. Luke Maloney
mildlyinterested
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2434
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Re: U20's Club 2018/19

Postby mildlyinterested » December 10th, 2018, 2:39 pm

any teamsheets for DUFC, Clontarf or Lansdowne?
mildlyinterested
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2434
Joined: April 19th, 2017, 9:56 am

Previous

Return to Domestic Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests